Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'family'.
Hello all, This is my 1st time ever using a forum so I hope I am coming across correctly, I am desperate for advice & hope to find some here. I am 25 years old British, recently married to my Turkish husband & we have a 4 month old baby girl. Our baby girl now has her British passport now & I desperately want us all to visit my family in the UK for 10 days. We have basically been scared off even trying by horror stories but I really would like to try. My husband is the owner of our apartment however doesnt have money in the bank as his season is finished (he works as a bell boy & this runs March to November) & we used his money for our bills, necessities etc but don't touch money in my bank as our "savings". His military service will start in September when he will go for 3 weeks. I'm basically asking does anyone think it is worth us even trying just now? Or wait until later? So many say wait until he has completed military service as that will hinder it, my bank account can't be shown as his money, he isn't technically employed just now so that looks bad. My thoughts are surely that we have a baby we want to visit my family with & that he owns his own property would stand us in good stead? If anyone has any advice, tips or words atall I would be so grateful thankyou.
I have gone through pretty much all of the posts here for an answer but nothing quite exactly the same. I am Chinese (not a Muslim) in Asia and the Turkish boy has been here for work for the past few years. I am older by 5 years and he is currently 31. We have been dating for over a year now and we have gotten serious and talking about marriage. I have recently also flown to Turkey to meet with his family (and he has met mine) but unfortunately they are adamant against us having a future and instead wants to find him a suitable candidate. He wants to end the relationship now as he sees no future to this to continue. I know family ties are really strong especially in traditional family but I am reluctant to let go of something i firmly believe in. Although i also understand that love isnt the priority in muslim families. I just am not sure if I should hang on for the sake of hoping they will eventually relent since he has a couple more years here and will not be moving back to Turkey so soon. And that he is quite ready to settle down but we just dont see how we can work this out without breaking his family ties. I have going to start understanding Islam more too for the sake of the promise i have made to him and myself since we started dating and also to find peace in myself. But i cant say i am not hanging on that Allah can give us a miracle here. Anyone has seen a miracle as such happen? I think the fact that i am older than him also plays a huge part in their objection since it may not be so easy for me to conceive now. I need a glimmer of hope. So desperate that this is the first time i am actually posting on any forum for support.
A little info to start with Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 6 months now but I have been best friends with her for a few years now. I am 29 Puerto Rican born in the US Girlfriend and hopefully to be wife is 26 Turkish born in the US Her parents were born in Turkey and are extremely old school traditional as she would explain it. I thought with them being traditional and all I should get to know and the family get to know me well before I ask her parents for her hand in marriage. So she introduced me to her parents about a month ago for desert and tea time and I have since been over once for a dinner. When her father hears of me and her hanging out or going to a resturant and such it appears to upset him since we dont have an engagement set yet and we are out in public. It seems like he likes me as a person and my girlfriend and her sisters agree. I am struggling finding where I should be. I am not sure if I should rush the engagement or still give it time to get the family to know me. This month has been a busy one for both parties since I have been studying and testing for certs. I would like to ask her parents before I ask her and I know she is the one for me already and there is no question about that and I feel she feels the same about me. I honestly thought her parents would not like the rush but it seems like we cant make progress and we will upset her father in the mean time if we do not get engaged prior to us having a relationship. I am not very familiar with the culture and the only thing I hear about it is from my girl so I am hoping people on here may be able to help me out and give me some type of direction because I would love to have a great relationship with my wife's parents.
I've always heard that family is so important to Turkish families and I've heard of traditions where they kiss the hand or something like that as form of respect. Correct me if I'm wrong but I wanna know more of this traditions of Turkish families.