Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'family residence permit'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Citizenship
  • Crime & Safety
  • Documents, Forms & Numbers
  • Driving
  • Government & Law
  • Health & Medicine
  • Living in Turkey
  • Money
  • Residence Permits
  • Residence Permit Health Insurance
  • Residence Permit Application Guides
  • Transportation
  • Telephones & Internet
  • Turkish Language
  • Visas
  • Work Permits


  • Turkey
  • Aegean Region
    • Afyonkarahisar
    • Aydın
    • Denizli
    • İzmir
    • Manisa
    • Muğla
    • Kütahya
    • Uşak
  • East Black Sea Region
    • Artvin
    • Giresun
    • Gümüşhane
    • Ordu
    • Rize
    • Trabzon
  • Central Anatolia Region
    • Aksaray
    • Kayseri
    • Kırıkkale
    • Kırşehir
    • Nevşehir
    • Niğde
    • Sivas
    • Yozgat
  • Central East Anatolia Region
    • Bingöl
    • Bitlis
    • Elazığ
    • Hakkari
    • Malatya
    • Muş
    • Tunceli
    • Van
  • Istanbul Region
    • Bazaar Quarter
    • Beyoğlu
    • Bosphorus
    • Sultahahmet
  • East Marmara Region
    • Bilecik
    • Bolu
    • Bursa
    • Düzce
    • Eskişehir
    • Kocaeli
    • Sakarya
    • Yalova
  • Mediterranean Region
    • Adana
    • Antalya
    • Hatay
    • Mersin
    • Burdur
    • Isparta
    • Kahramanmaraş
    • Osmaniye
  • Northeast Anatolia Region
    • Ağrı
    • Ardahan
    • Bayburt
    • Erzincan
    • Erzurum
    • Iğdır
    • Kars
  • Southeast Anatolia Region
    • Adıyaman
    • Batman
    • Diyarbakır
    • Gaziantep
    • Kilis
    • Mardin
    • Şanlıurfa
    • Şırnak
    • Siirt
  • West Anatolia Region
    • Ankara
    • Konya
    • Karaman
  • West Marmara Region
    • Balıkesir
    • Çanakkale
    • Edirne
    • Kırklareli
    • Tekirdağ
  • West Black Sea Region
    • Amasya
    • Bartın
    • Çankırı
    • Çorum
    • Karabuk
    • Kastamonu
    • Samsun
    • Sinop
    • Tokat
    • Zonguldak


  • About Turkey Central
  • Business Directory
  • Forum Support
  • General Support
  • Photo Gallery Support
  • Quizzes
  • Residence Permit Assistance


  • All About Turkey
    • Turkey Generally
    • Living in Turkey
    • Turkey Travel, Tours, and Activities
    • Turkey Property
    • Turkish Culture, Customs, Politics, and Laws
  • Visas, Permits, and Citizenship
    • Visas
    • Residence Permits
    • Work Visas and Work Permits
    • Citizenship
  • Doing Business and Working
    • Digital Nomads, Working Online
    • Doing Business
    • Teaching English
    • Working
  • All Around Turkey
    • Adana
    • Alanya
    • Ankara
    • Antalya
    • Bodrum
    • Cappadocia
    • Çeşme
    • Dalyan
    • Didim
    • Fethiye
    • Istanbul
    • Izmir
    • Kaş and Kalkan
    • Kuşadası
    • Marmaris
    • Mersin
    • Side
    • Other Cities
  • The Lounge
    • Classified Advertising
    • Anything and Everything
    • About Turkey Central

Product Groups

  • Sales
  • Test Affiliate Program Group


  • Turkey Videos
  • Turkish Culture
  • Turkish Cuisine
  • Turkish Language
  • City and Town Videos
    • Adana Videos
    • Alanya Videos
    • Antalya Videos
    • Bodrum Videos
    • Cappadocia Videos
    • Çıralı Videos
    • Dalaman Videos
    • Dalyan Videos
    • Datça Videos
    • Denizli Videos
    • Didim Videos
    • Ephesus Videos
    • Eskişehir Videos
    • Fethiye Videos
    • Gallipoli Videos
    • Gökova Videos
    • Içmeler Videos
    • Istanbul Videos
    • Izmir Videos
    • Kalkan Videos
    • Kaş Videos
    • Kekova Videos
    • Köyceğiz Videos
    • Kuşadası Videos
    • Marmaris Videos
    • Mersin Videos
    • Muğla Videos
    • Ordu Videos
    • Pamukkale and Hierapolis Videos
    • Side Videos
  • Residence Permits
  • Turkish Films with Turkish Subtitles
  • Other Videos


  • Turkey News
  • Foreign News
  • COVID-19 Pandemic News

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






Found 14 results

  1. Contents What is a Family Residence Permit? An Overview of the Application Process Required Documents at a Glance Having Foreign Documents Legalized and Translated Step 1: Prepare for Your Online Application Step 2: Apply Online Step 3: Create Your Application Package Step 4: Go to Your Appointment Step 5: Receive Your Residence Permit Extending Your Family Residence Permit Assistance and Support What is a Family Residence Permit? A family residence permit is a biometric identity card that enables the spouse or child of a sponsor to live in Turkey permanently. The sponsor must be A Turkish citizen A foreigner with a residence permit or work permit who has lived in Turkey for at least one year. If you're a foreign sponsor and want to bring your family to Turkey immediately, you won't meet the one-year residence requirement. So at first, you and your family members will apply for short-term residence permits, and your family members use your home as their address. After you've lived in Turkey for one year, you'll continue using the residence or work permit you have, and your family members will be eligible for family residence permits. Duration The Family Residence Permit has a maximum duration of three years. In the case of a foreign sponsor, it's either three years or until the expiration date of the sponsor's residence or work permit, whichever comes soonest. If you're the spouse of a Turkish citizen sponsor, then after three years of marriage, you and your children can apply to become Turkish citizens. When a Family Residence Permit is Practical If the sponsor is a Turkish citizen or has a residence or work permit with a longer duration, such as a long-term residence permit or an unlimited work permit, then the family members can enjoy the longer duration of the family residence permit. When a Family Residence Permit is Impractical The family residence permit expires in three years or when the sponsor's residence or work permit expires, whichever is sooner. So, if you're the sponsor and you only have six months left on your current residence or work permit, your family members could only get family residence permits with a duration of six months. So it would make more sense for your family members to get one or two-year short-term residence permits. Benefits The Family Residence Permit gives children under age 18 the right to free education in public schools. No Working Rights The family residence permit doesn't provide any right to work. If the family member wants to work, they must get a work permit. Eligibility Those eligible for a Family Residence Permit include the spouse of the sponsor and the children of the spouse or the sponsor if they're under age 18 or are legally determined to be dependent on the care of their parents. The Immigration Office in Turkey All residence permits in Turkey are issued by the Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü (Directorate General of Migration Management, or immigration office). You'll also hear this organization called the Göç İdaresi, the Göç, or the DGMM. For this article, I'll call it the immigration office. Residence Permit Law The law concerning residence permits is Law No. 6458, Law on Foreigners and International Protection. From here on this article will assume you're a family member applying for the permit. Go Back to the Top An Overview of the Application Process The residence permit application process always begins on the e-ikamet (e-residence) website at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/. You'll need to get a few documents together before you apply online because the system will require some information from them. I'll cover each of these documents later in this guide. The application system consists of sequential pages on which you enter your personal information. When you've completed the application, you'll select an appointment date and time for an interview at the local immigration office. Then you'll download, print, and sign your İkamet İzni Kayıt Formu (Residence Permit Registration Form). This form, and your passport, will keep you legal in Turkey until your appointment date, even after your visa or current residence permit expires. If you don't have all of the required documents after you've applied online, you can get them before your appointment date. At your appointment, you'll present your completed application package and undergo a brief interview. If your interview is successful, and your application is accepted, your residence permit card will be printed and sent to your address by registered mail. Istanbul Residents If you're applying in Istanbul, you may not get the option to set up an appointment using the online system. Instead, the Istanbul immigration office will send you an SMS message telling you your appointment date and time. It may also tell you that they want you to bring additional documentation to your appointment. Learn more about applying for a residence permit in Istanbul. Go Back to the Top Required Documents at a Glance I'll cover each required document and explain how to get it as we go through the steps of the process. For now, here's a quick list so you can see them all at once: From the Sponsor National ID card (if a Turkish citizen) or residence permit/work permit (if a foreigner) Copy of the citizen ID card or residence permit/work permit Passport (if the sponsor is a foreigner) Copy of passport, including identity and photo pages and the page showing the stamp for the last entry into Turkey (if the sponsor is a foreigner) Criminal record check which shows no convictions for domestic violence Proof of financial ability Proof of address Health insurance covering the sponsor and the family members Receipts for payment of fees From the Family Member(s) İkamet İzni Kayıt Formu (Residence Permit Registration Form) which you'll download and print at the end of the online application process) Passport Copy of passport, including identity and photo pages, and the page showing the entry stamp for your most recent entry into Turkey Four (4) biometric photos Marriage certificate (spouse) Birth certificates (for children, if it isn't clear from the passports that they are children of the mother and father) You can also view the required documents on the e-İkamet website at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/Ikamet/IstenenBelgeler. Go Back to the Top Having Foreign Documents Legalized and Translated If your application doesn't include any documents from a foreign country, you can skip this and go to Step 1: Prepare for Your Online Application. Any document issued by a foreign government, such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or criminal record check, must be "legalized" before it can be accepted as a legal document in Turkey. Legalization is done with an attached document or stamp, called an "apostille." Then both the document and the apostille must be translated into Turkish by a sworn translator. What is an Apostille? An apostille is a special certificate issued by a country's secretary of state or another government office approved to do so by the international Apostille Convention. The apostille is attached to or stamped on the document in to certifies its authenticity. Where Can I Get an Apostille? Every country in the Apostille Convention has an office responsible for issuing apostilles. You just need to find out which government office issues them. Here's a list of all participating countries (and states in the USA): https://www.hcch.net/en/states/hcch-members The list also has links to each country's government office that issues apostilles. And it includes links to their websites so you can learn where to send your document and how to pay the fee. Once the government office receives your document, they attach the apostille and send it back to you. Once you receive them, the next step is to have them translated. If Your Country Isn't on the List If your country isn't a member of the convention, don't worry. In this case, the document will be legalized with a similar document you'll get from your home country. If you can't find out which office of your government issues them, contact your foreign affairs office or local embassy or consulate. Documents Which Don't Need an Apostille A passport is already an internationally accepted document, so it doesn't require an apostille. Also, documents that aren't issued by your government and which aren't part of your country's public records don't require an apostille. These would include diplomas and financial information from a school, bank, or private company. Having Foreign Documents Translated After you receive the document and apostille, you must have them translated into Turkish by a sworn translator. Then the translator will swear before a noter (notary) that the translation is true and accurate. You'll then get a notarized copy of your document and the apostille, and a sworn translation of them. At this point, your foreign document will be as legal in Turkey as it is in your country, and you can submit it with your residence permit application. Make a Note of the Notary's Document Registration Number When you get the notarized translation, find the notary's stamp on the back. Photograph, scan or write down the number in the stamp. If you ever need the document again, you can go back to the same notary and use that number to get another copy from their records. That way, you won't have to go through the whole process again, and you'll save money. Learn more about the apostille and sworn translation, and how to get them. Go Back to the Top Step 1: Prepare for Your Online Application Start by getting any foreign documents and apostilles first. It will take more time to get them than it will take to get local documents. You won't need any foreign documents to start the online application, but you'll need them when you go to your appointment. Also collect the following documents, because the online system will ask you for information from them. Passport For the online application, you'll need the passport number, issue date, and expiration date. Your passport's expiration date must be at least 60 days beyond the last day of the duration of the residence permit. Later, you'll take your original passport to your appointment, with one regular (non-notarized) copy for the immigration specialist to keep. The copy must include the photo and identification pages, and the pages showing the stamps for your entries into and exits from Turkey. Note: If you're told by the immigration office to mail your application package to them, the copy of your passport must translated and notarized (see above). Tax Number To pay the fees for your residence permit application, you'll need a vergi numarası (tax number). Go to the vergi dairesi (tax office) or the maliye (finance office), which has a tax office inside. Show the clerk your passport and ask for one. After you fill out a form, they'll give you one immediately, for free. Learn more about getting your tax number. Photos You'll need four (4) biometric photos. The photos must be 5 cm in width, 4.5 cm in height Taken within the last six months Full frontal view White background In color Professional quality (no selfies) You can have the photos taken at any photo studio. Just say "ikamet izni" (residence permit). They'll know what you need. Health Insurance For the family residence permit, the sponsor must have an insurance policy that covers all family members. SGK Health Insurance Turkey's national health insurance plan is called Genel Sağlık Sigorta (General Health Insurance). It's provided by the Sosyal Güvenlik Kurumu (SGK, or Social Security Administration). It covers most procedures done in state hospitals. It also covers much of the cost in more expensive private hospitals, with the rest paid by the patient. A foreign sponsor can apply for SGK health insurance coverage after they've lived in Turkey for one year. A Turkish sponsor will probably already have this coverage. If the sponsor already has SGK coverage, family members can be added to the sponsor's policy with no increase in the price. Learn more about SGK insurance. Bilateral Health Care Coverage Agreements Some countries have a bilateral agreement with Turkey, which allows their citizens to be covered by the SGK insurance plan while living in Turkey (and vice versa). If you're a citizen of one of these countries, contact your government's health insurance representative to get the required form. Then take that form to an SGK office, and get a sicil numarası (registration number). You'll use this number while applying online. Learn more about health insurance under bilateral agreements. Private Health Insurance from a Turkish Company You can use a private Turkish health insurance policy to apply for a family residence permit. However, you can't use the low-cost policies designed for foreigners with short-term residence permits. For the family residence permit, the sponsor must have a health insurance policy that meets the Turkish government's minimum coverage requirements and covers the sponsor and all family members. Learn more about private health insurance for family residence permits. You can buy private insurance by walking into any Turkish insurance office, providing your personal information, and paying the premium. It takes around 45 minutes at most. You can also buy a policy online and have it sent to you by e-mail, mail, or courier. Get a free quote for family residence permit health insurance. Get one copy of the policy in Turkish and the other in English. You'll include the Turkish policy with your residence permit application and keep the English copy for your records. Address Information For the online application process, you'll need to have your full address, that is, the address of the sponsor. All legal addresses are recorded in a central government database, which is accessed by the online application system. So when you're on the address page of the application system, you'll "drill down" through various drop-down menus to locate your exact address, and then select it. You don't need documentary proof of your address at this point, but you'll need it for your application package. I'll cover that in Step 3: Create Your Application Package. Go Back to the Top Step 2: Apply Online The only official website for applying for a residence permit is at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/. It has an English option. You can also view it using the Chrome browser with the Google Translate application. When you enter the website, go near the bottom of the page and click the option for a first-time application. On the next page, click on the button to create a new application. Enter your passport and contact information. The system will send you a verification e-mail with a link to click on. When you click on the link in the e-mail, you'll be returned to the application system and be given an application number. Keep that number, since you'll need it if you stop and continue your application later. If you've gathered all the documents above before applying, the online application should take less than one hour. For more information about using the online system and what to do if you have problems, see: e-İkamet: How to use Turkey's Online Residence Permit Application System. Your Appointment Date and Time At the end of the online application process, you'll make an appointment at the local immigration office. Depending on what province you're in, you may be given a choice of dates and times or be given one date and time with no other choice. If You're in Istanbul If you're in Istanbul, you may get this message: Randevu Tarihi GİGM Tarafından Belirlenecektir (the appointment date will be determined by the DGMM). It means the immigration office will contact you by SMS or e-mail, depending on your contact preferences, and give you an appointment date and time. So keep an eye on your mobile phone or e-mails for this, and be patient. It can take a month or so to get an appointment in Istanbul. Downloading Your Application Form You'll also be given a link to download your completed application. So download it, sign it, and keep the original on the top of your application package. You should also print a separate copy of the first page of the application document and keep it with you, along with your passport, to keep you legal in Turkey if your current residence permit expires. The first page of your downloaded application will have the date and time of your appointment (if you were able to make one) and the address of the immigration office where you need to go. It will also have the residence permit fees you'll need to pay (see "Paying the Fees" below). Important! Your online application isn't complete until you've reached the point where you can download your completed application form. Istanbul Residents Because of the high rate of fake documents and fraudulent applications in Istanbul, the Istanbul immigration office often asks for additional documents by sending an SMS or e-mail message. If they ask you for a document you're not familiar with, you can learn what it is and how to get it here: Documents, Forms & Numbers. Leaving Turkey After You've Applied Online But Before Your Appointment If you have a valid visa and haven't exceeded the number of days it allows you to be in Turkey, or if you have a valid residence permit, you can leave Turkey and return as much as you like. But if you don't, you'll have to re-enter Turkey with a visa. Learn more about leaving Turkey and returning before your appointment. Go Back to the Top Step 3: Create Your Application Package Now that you've completed your online application, you can get the rest of the documents you need. Proof of Residence You'll need to prove two things. First, that the sponsor owns or rents a property, and second, that you're the spouse or the child of the sponsor. If the Sponsor is a Property Owner The sponsor will need the original tapu (property title deed) in the sponsor's name, to show the immigration specialist. The sponsor will also need a regular copy of the tapu for the immigration specialist to keep. If the tapu is more than two years old, the sponsor will also need a tapu kayıt örneği (title deed registration document), which proves the tapu is still valid. You can get this document from the Tapu ve Kadastro Genel Müdürlüğü (Title Deed and Land Registry Directorate). If the Sponsor is a Renter The sponsor will need a notarized copy of the rental contract. At the appointment, the immigration specialist will keep the notarized copy. Utility Bills If you can, include utility bills, which are in the sponsor's name at the sponsor's address, in the application package. Since the utility companies also verify the residence, the immigration specialists consider utility bills to be the best proof of residence. Proof of Family Relationship You'll need to show a marriage certificate which names the legal owner or renter as your spouse, or a birth certificate showing the sponsor as the parent (if it isn't clear on the children's passports that they are the children of the sponsor or the spouse). If a marriage or birth certificate is from another country, it must also be legalized and translated. Learn how to get a Turkish marriage certificate. Learn how to get a marriage certificate from your home country. Learn how to get a Turkish birth certificate. Learn how to get a birth certificate from your home country. Proof of the Sponsor's Financial Ability The sponsor must have a monthly income, or savings/investments of at least the Turkish minimum wage, plus at least one-third of the minimum wage for each family member. The income doesn't have to come from Turkey, and the savings/investments don't have to be in Turkey. Whatever you provide, it must cover a time period going back six months before the date of your application. The minimum wage for Turkey for 2022 is ₺5,004. The financial ability requirement can be met with bank account records showing deposits and withdrawals, a statement from your investment company, or documents showing rental income from a rental property. Because these aren't public records, they don't have to be legalized with an apostille. Normally, you can just access your account information on your financial institution's website, then download and print it. Custody or Guardianship Documents If a child has a foreign parent who has custody, you must get a court document that permits the child to live in Turkey with the other parent and the sponsor. If the other parent is deceased, you'll need a copy of the death certificate. Criminal Record Check The sponsor must provide a criminal record check from Turkey and their home country (if applicable), especially if the sponsor has been living in Turkey for less than five years. The criminal record must show no convictions for domestic violence. Learn how to get a Turkish criminal record check. Learn how to get a criminal record check from your home country. Paying the Fees Everyone must pay the residence permit fee and the card printing fee. However, if you entered Turkey visa-free, you'll have to pay a single-entry fee. The single-entry fee is paid during your appointment. Residence Permit Fee This fee is for the processing of your residence permit application. It varies by nationality and is in US dollars, so it's affected by currency fluctuations. It's automatically calculated and printed at the bottom of the first page of your downloaded residence permit application. For children up to 18 years of age, the fee is 50% of the usual fee. The card printing fee is the same. Card Printing Fee The değerli kağıt bedeli or kart bedeli (card printing fee) for 2022 is ₺160. Single-entry Fee The tek giriş harcı (single entry fee) for 2022 is ₺1,033.60. It's only paid by foreigners who enter Turkey without a visa. If that's you, you'll pay this fee during your appointment. How and Where to Pay the Fees You can pay the fees online, with a credit card, at the end of your online application by following the link the online system will provide you. Or you can pay at the local vergi dairesi (tax office). You'll need a copy of the first page of your application, your passport, and your tax number. Just show the clerk the first page of your application, and they'll know what to do. Paying at a Bank: Officially, you can pay at participating banks including Ziraat Bank, HalkBank, and VakıfBank. However, Turkey Central members report that bank personnel often reject the payment, or are unaware of the option. So I don't recommend trying to pay at a bank. Go Back to the Top Step 4: Go to Your Appointment Finding the Immigration Office Your appointment date, time, and location will be printed at the bottom of the first page of your residence permit application. You can also find the immigration offices by searching for the Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü and your province in Google Maps. If the immigration office has a branch office in your district, use your district's name. Make sure the address in Google Maps is the same as the one on your residence permit application, because sometimes the offices move. Attending Your Appointment Both the sponsor and the family members applying for the family residence permit must be present during your appointment. The immigration specialist will go over your package to make sure everything is there. They may ask you a few questions about how long you've been married, who else lives with you, and if you intend to work. You'll also submit fingerprints. The appointment will take around 30 minutes. Missing Documents If you're missing any documents, the immigration specialist will ask you to get them and bring them back. They can give you up to 30 days (sometimes more). If it's a local document, you should be able to get it on the same day or the next day. Important! Be sure to get any missing documents back to the immigration specialist during the time allowed, or inform them of whatever difficulties you're having so you can get more time. If you fail to bring the missing documents within the allowed time, your application will be rejected, not canceled. If your application is rejected, you won't be allowed to re-apply for the same type of residence permit for another 180 days. Documents You May Receive at the End of Your Appointment At the end of your appointment, you'll receive one of two documents: An İkamet İzni Müracaat Belgesi (Residence Permit Application Document) This document serves as a temporary residence permit to keep you legally in Turkey until you receive your residence permit card. It also allows you to leave Turkey and be out of the country for up to 15 days and return (one time) without a visa. To re-enter Turkey, you must have this document, your passport, and your fee payment receipts. A Tebligat (Official Communique Document) The Istanbul and Ankara immigration offices (and perhaps offices in other provinces) may give you a Tebligat (Official Communique Document) instead of a Residence Permit Application Document. The communique states that the immigration office has received your application and that it will process it. It will keep you legally in Turkey until your residence permit card arrives (along with your passport), but it doesn't give you the privilege of re-entering Turkey if you leave. However, there are ways to re-enter Turkey anyway. Learn about leaving Turkey after your residence permit application appointment. Go Back to the Top Step 5: Receive Your Family Residence Permit Either you or someone with power of attorney to receive your residence permit must be present at your address when the residence permit card arrives. You must show your passport or other identification and sign for it. If you aren't home, the PTT will keep your card at the local PTT branch for seven days. After that, it will be returned to the local immigration office where you can go, without an appointment, and pick it up. Learn how to give someone power of attorney. Checking the Status of Your Application After your appointment, you can use the e-ikamet website to see if your application is still in progress, if it's been approved, or if there is some problem that may result in a rejection. Go back to the e-ikamet website and click one of the buttons according to whether your application is a first time, extension, or transfer. On the next page, click "I would like to see my application result." Enter your application number, then your mobile (cell) phone number or your e-mail address, and your foreigner ID number or your passport number, and enter the code indicated in the "Captcha" function to prove you're a real person. On the next page, you'll see if your application is still being processed or if it's complete, and if it's been sent to the PTT (post office) for delivery. SMS Messages You Might Receive "2019-123-4567- nolu ikamet izni talebiniz olumlu degerlendirilmistir. Your residence permit request 2019-123-4567 numbered has been evaluated positively. B001" What it Means: Your application is approved. Your card will be printed and sent to the PTT for delivery to your address. It may take up to 30 days for your residence permit card to be printed and sent to the PTT. "Kayıt durumunuz: It has been concluded. It is required to apply to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management. B001" What it could mean: Your residence permit application has been rejected. There's a problem with your application package. You need to clarify something or provide more documentation. If you see that message, you must go to the local immigration office, as soon as possible, to find out what the problem is. You can walk in without an appointment. If you received the message saying your residence permit's been approved, you'll later get this message from the PTT (post office): "Adınıza, 2345678 barkod nolu gönderi kabul edilmiştir. www.ptt.gov.tr adresinden gönderinin durumunu takip edebilirsiniz. B001" What it means: The PTT has received your residence permit card from the immigration office, and it's in their delivery system. Delivery usually takes two or three days. The first number in the message is the package's barcode. Once you've received the message that your residence permit card has been given to the PTT, you can check on its delivery using the barcode here: https://www.turkiye.gov.tr/ptt-gonderi-takip Learn more about how to check the status of your residence permit and receiving your residence permit card in the mail. Go Back to the Top Extending Your Family Residence Permit Family residence permits can be extended indefinitely. You can apply for an extension at any time within 60 days of expiration, and the extension process is the same as the first-time application process. If you're married to a Turkish citizen, after three years of marriage you and your children can apply to become Turkish citizens. Go Back to the Top Mertsel Residence Permit Application Services and Insurance Mertsel Insurance provides residence permit application services and health insurance policies (among other services) for the Turkey Central community. Mertsel charges only according to what you need. You won't find a better price for the services they offer. Within 24 hours after you send them all of the required information, Mertsel will: Get you a tax number Create your health insurance policy Apply for and get your Residence Permit Registration Form Set up your appointment at the immigration office and Send you the documents for your application package. You can get a free price quote from Mertsel according to your needs. Contact them by clicking below: Apply for a Residence Permit Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  2. This is a tutorial published by the Turkish immigration office. It shows how to use the residence permit application website at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/ to apply for a family residence permit in Turkey. This video is the first in a short series of step-by-step videos explaining the whole process, so watch this first video to the end and the next one will start automatically.
  3. This is a tutorial published by the Turkish immigration office. It shows how to use the residence permit application website at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/ to extend a family residence permit in Turkey. This video is the first in a short series of step-by-step videos explaining the whole process, so watch this first video to the end and the next one will start automatically.
  4. Once you've lived or worked in Turkey for at least eight continuous years, you'll be eligible for a long-term residence permit. While the application process is the same as for a short-term or other type of residence permit, there are some additional documents you'll need to include with your application. One of them is a letter from the Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışma Vakfi (Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation), which states that you haven't received social welfare assistance for the previous three years. What is a No Social Welfare Support Letter? The No Social Welfare Support Letter is a simple statement, with the letterhead of the Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation, which contains your name, your foreigner identification number, and a sentence saying that you haven't received any social assistance for the previous three years. Where to Get a No Social Welfare Support Letter Go to the Sosyal Yardimlasma ve Dayanisma Vakfi (Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation). It's in the kaymakamlık (district governor's office). You can find it by searching Google maps (maps.google.com) using your province's name and the above Turkish name for it, or with the word "kaymakamlık." What to Tell Them You'll probably talk to a receptionist first, then wait until you can see the manager. After they print the letter, you'll see the manager, who will stamp and sign it. If there's any confusion, show them the text below, which is exactly what the Turkish government states in its requirements for a Long-term Residence Permit. In Turkish: "Son üç yıl içerisinde sosyal yardım alınmadığını gösteren e-imzalı/imzalı ve kaşeli/mühürlü belgenin aslı (Valilikler/Kaymakamlıklar bünyesindeki Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışma Vakıflarından alınabilir)." In English: "Original of e-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document which shows that no social support is received during the last three years (Can be obtained from Social Help and Solidarity Foundation of Governorates/District Governorates)" What the Letter Should Say Here's the text of one of these letters provided to me by a Turkey Central member. In Turkish: 12345678910 yabancı T.C. kimlik numaralı (yabancının adı) son 3 yıl içerisinde (il) Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışma Vakfından hiçbir yardım almamıştır. In English: 12345678910 foreigner Turkish ID number (your name) has not received any assistance from the (province) Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation in the last 3 years. The whole process, not including waiting for the manager to be available, will take around 30 minutes. The Fee There is no fee. Learn more about long-term residence permits. Assistance and Support Turkey Central Forums: Do you have a question? Search our forums to see if it's already been answered. If it hasn't, feel free to open a new topic. Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  5. In this article, I'll explain what you must do to get a residence permit for your child. What you do depends on if your child was born outside of Turkey, or if they were born in Turkey. Foreign children must have a residence permit to live in Turkey. The application process is the same as it is for adults, but children born in Turkey must have their birth registered within 30 days, then the application for a residence permit made within six months. All residence permit applications begin on Turkey's online registration system, e-İkamet, at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/. İkamet means "residence." For your child, you'll either apply for a family or a short-term residence permit. Turkey Family Residence Permit or Short-term Residence Permit? Family Residence Permit for a Foreign Child in Turkey A family residence permit is issued to the foreign family members of a sponsor. The sponsor of the family member must be: A Turkish citizen, or A foreign resident living in Turkey for at least one year with a residence or work permit. If the sponsor of the family doesn't meet either of those requirements, then you must apply for a short-term residence permit for your child. After a year, they'll be eligible for a family residence permit. To learn more, see: Turkey Family Residence Permit. Note: The family residence permit is valid for three years or if the sponsor is a foreigner, until the expiration of the sponsor's residence or work permit. Short-Term Residence Permit for a Foreign Child in Turkey If you're coming to Turkey for the first time and bringing a child, and neither you nor your spouse is a Turkish citizen, apply for a short-term residence permit for your child. To learn more, see: Turkey Short-Term Residence Permit. Residence Permit for a Child Born Outside of Turkey If your child was born outside of Turkey, the residence permit application process is the same as it is for an adult. Normally no birth certificate is required. However, if there is a question about who the child's parents are when you present your application package during your appointment, the immigration specialist may ask you to supply a birth certificate and give you time to get it. If you must get a foreign birth certificate for your child, you'll need to acquire it from the office of your home country that keeps such records. Then you must have it "legalized," or validated by another office in your home country with a stamp or separate document called an apostille. After you receive the birth certificate and apostille, you must then then have both translated by a sworn Turkish translator. I've covered the entire process for getting a foreign birth certificate and the apostille, and having them translated here: How to Get a Foreign Birth Certificate from Turkey Residence Permit for a Child Born in Turkey If your child is born in Turkey, you have 30 days to register the birth and six months to get the child's passport and apply for their residence permit. After a child is born, the doğum belgesi, or birth certificate, is issued at the hospital. This form is sometimes called a "formul A." The birth certificate will allow the child to stay in Turkey for six months or until the expiration date of the parents' current residence permit (whichever is sooner). Here's what you must do: 1. Register the child's birth at the Nüfus You will need to register the birth at the local Nüfus ve Vatandaşlık İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü (Population and Citizenship Affairs Directorate, or Nüfus) within 30 days. You can make an appointment to register the birth online, at https://randevu.nvi.gov.tr/. The Nüfus also has a national customer helpline at 199, which you can call for free from any telephone in Turkey. There is an option for English. To register the baby, take the birth certificate and your ID cards to your appointment. They'll register the birth of the child and list you as the parents. No marriage certificate is required, nor are any documents concerning previous marriage(s) or divorce(s). The two parents can simply claim the child as theirs with the birth certificate and their ID cards. If only one parent is present, then that parent can register the birth. 2. Register the birth at your country's embassy or consulate and get a passport for your child The birth certificate doesn't allow for travel outside of Turkey or for return to Turkey, so you should also register the birth with your country's embassy or consulate and apply for a passport for the child. A passport is also needed to apply for your child's residence permit. Visit your country's consular website and go to the section on birth registration and passport applications to learn what you must do, what documents you need, and what fees you must pay. 3. Apply for your child's residence permit During the first six months, you'll apply online for a residence permit using the e-İkamet residence permit registration system. The procedure is the same as it is for an adult, with one important difference--the option to designate the child as being a newborn in Turkey. When registering online for your child's residence permit, one of the first pages will ask you if your child was born in Turkey. When you're entering the identity information for the child, you'll see the option Türkiye'de Doğan Çocuk (Child Born in Turkey), with an option of yes or no. Select "yes." You'll also see an option to state that the child is a newborn in Turkey, which will cause the system to not ask for a date of entry into Turkey. If One of the Child's Parents is Absent If one of the child's parents is not in Turkey, you must get a notarized parental consent declaration. If the parent is deceased, you must have the death certificate. Since these documents are foreign documents, they will also need to be legalized with an apostille and translated by a sworn Turkish translator. Residence Permit for a Child When You Are a Sponsor and Not a Parent If you're sponsoring a child not your own in Turkey, you need a letter of consent from the biological parents. Also, you and any other guardians of the child must go to a noter (notary) and get a document called a taahhütname (a sworn, legally enforceable declaration), in which you promise to provide support for the child. Include the taahhütname in the child's residence permit application package. You and any other guardians must also attend the child's application appointment. Education of Foreign Children in Turkey Children who have residence permits (it doesn't matter which kind) may attend Turkish public schools for free. Turkish Citizenship by Birth Children born in Turkey with two foreign parents are not automatically Turkish citizens. However, if one of the parents is a Turkish citizen, the child is considered a Turkish citizen from the day they were born, no matter where in the world they were born. So if the child has a Turkish parent, contact the Population and Citizenship Affairs Directorate to get the child a Turkish citizen's identification card instead of a residence permit. To learn more, see Turkish Citizenship by Birth. Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He's now retired and living in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  6. Hello, I'm wondering what documents you need for the financial proof for the family residency? If my sponsor doesn't have a job but rather savings and we put it in the bank to show for the interview, is there a certain amount of time it has to be in your account, or is it fine to show them on the day your balance and that's that? Is there any further checks in the future or is it all on that day? What documents do we need to show and sign? and where do we need to get them signed? In the interview or before?
  7. Do I need to get a tax number for a family residence permit (FRP) like for the short term RP? Or will it all work through my husbands (Türk). Do I need to get a health check up for the FRP like for the short term residence permit?
  8. I hope I can get some answers over here. I'm married with a Turkish citizen so I got a family ikamet (residence permit) but it expired. We are both outside turkey for over a year now. The thing is I want to come back to live in turkey again but my husband has to stay in my country (job). For what I understand he has to be present at the appointment but he can't leave his job just for an interview. So... Would they accept an Skype interview (that way he can be present) so I can keep on applying for a family residence permit? Or Can I apply this year as a tourist residence permit and when the comes to turkey change it for a family residence permit again? In any case I will be applying as First time because my residence permit expired already and I didn't renew it before leaving turkey. Note that right now both me and my husband are outside of turkey so we can't call 157 or go to ask to the office.
  9. I'm planning on buying an apartment in Turkey and obtaining a short-term residence permit. I also plan on renewing it until I can apply for a long-term permit. I read that family permits are given to spouses and children but I couldn't find any information regarding parents. I'd like to know if it'd possible to obtain a family residence permit for my mother and what the procedure for that would be like. Thanks. Also I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm an Indian citizen and I know that some countries are a bit hesitant towards accepting Indians (rightfully so).
  10. I’m new to Turkey Central and desperately trying to fill in the online form for my Family Resident Permit renewal (my permit expires on MONDAY!!). This is my 4th year doing this but the offices I have attended previously have been super helpful and filled in the form for me. Same office, different staff, no help this time. They made out I should just put ‘blah blah blah’ on the form for all address details and it would be sorted out at the actual appointment. But now I cannot put matching addresses for my current address and my sponsor’s address (because I made the first one up like they suggested) and I cannot find a way to go back on the form to correct any errors without inputting acceptable info on the sponsors page (which I can’t do without going back, catch 22!). Is there any way I can go back on the online form or is ok to just cancel the application and start again? It asks for a cancellation reason as though it is a serious matter to cancel and I don’t want to be in a position to mess up the process even more! I’d like to just cancel and start again if that is the best option. I couldn’t get any answers from the unhelpful staff as my son’s school called and I had to leave to collect him as he was ill.
  11. According to the Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü (General Directorate of Migration Management or immigration office), short-term residence permits will now have a validity period of two years. The "120 Day Rule" which limits the time you can be out of the country to a maximum of 120 days in the previous year has been rescinded. Family residence permits will now have a validity period of three years. I will post more when I learn more, and also update the various articles on these topics.
  12. My residence permit is still valid but I'm applying for my daughter's rp and my address has changed. How/where do I make an appointment to change my address or can I just wait and do it at the time of her appointment and do it then, bringing my new rental contract with me? Also, do I apply under family for my daughter's rp or under short term (and it's her first rp)? Does anyone know what 'blue card holder' means? Oh never mind, I answered my own question: a blue card can be given to Turkish citizens after they gave up citizenship.
  13. Hi, I own a house near Bodrum and have done for the past 6 years. My wife and I are hoping to move over permanantly this year, but my wife only holds a Thai passport. Does anyone know, what the possible restrictions are if any for Thai nationals applying for residency, BTW I hold a UK passport? Thanks in advance.
  14. In August we (my hubby and I) intend to move to Turkey from the US permanently. He is a Turkish citizen (J1 visa in US) and I am a US citizen. We've been married for two years and registered our marriage with Turkey two years ago. I've called different consulates/ consular help desks and everyone is telling me something different about visa/ residency permit acquisition. Firstly, do I NEED a special visa (spouse of Turkish citizen visa) to enter Turkey and apply for the residency permit? Chicago and consular desk call #2 said that I could easily enter Turkey on an e-visa, then apply for residency in the first 30 days of entry and be just fine. However, NYC told me that a spousal visa would be better for me- but didn't say that I COULDN'T use an e-visa. I would prefer the latter because I am a student with little time to travel, and our closest consulate is over 10 hours away I am afraid that the processing time is too long, and I won't have my visa in time to travel. Second, does anyone have any insight on the residency visa application process? From what I can tell, I need to apply for a short-term residency visa first, and change that after a year. Some websites say I need to apply now at a consulate in the US, but the consulates told me to apply at the nearest police station when I arrive in Turkey. Does anyone have an experience with this?
  • Create New...