Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'criminal record'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Citizenship
  • Crime & Safety
  • Documents, Forms & Numbers
  • Driving
  • Government & Law
  • Health & Medicine
  • Living in Turkey
  • Money
  • Residence Permits
  • Residence Permit Health Insurance
  • Residence Permit Application Guides
  • Transportation
  • Telephones & Internet
  • Turkish Language
  • Visas
  • Work Permits


  • Turkey
  • Aegean Region
    • Afyonkarahisar
    • Aydın
    • Denizli
    • İzmir
    • Manisa
    • Muğla
    • Kütahya
    • Uşak
  • East Black Sea Region
    • Artvin
    • Giresun
    • Gümüşhane
    • Ordu
    • Rize
    • Trabzon
  • Central Anatolia Region
    • Aksaray
    • Kayseri
    • Kırıkkale
    • Kırşehir
    • Nevşehir
    • Niğde
    • Sivas
    • Yozgat
  • Central East Anatolia Region
    • Bingöl
    • Bitlis
    • Elazığ
    • Hakkari
    • Malatya
    • Muş
    • Tunceli
    • Van
  • Istanbul Region
    • Bazaar Quarter
    • Beyoğlu
    • Bosphorus
    • Sultahahmet
  • East Marmara Region
    • Bilecik
    • Bolu
    • Bursa
    • Düzce
    • Eskişehir
    • Kocaeli
    • Sakarya
    • Yalova
  • Mediterranean Region
    • Adana
    • Antalya
    • Hatay
    • Mersin
    • Burdur
    • Isparta
    • Kahramanmaraş
    • Osmaniye
  • Northeast Anatolia Region
    • Ağrı
    • Ardahan
    • Bayburt
    • Erzincan
    • Erzurum
    • Iğdır
    • Kars
  • Southeast Anatolia Region
    • Adıyaman
    • Batman
    • Diyarbakır
    • Gaziantep
    • Kilis
    • Mardin
    • Şanlıurfa
    • Şırnak
    • Siirt
  • West Anatolia Region
    • Ankara
    • Konya
    • Karaman
  • West Marmara Region
    • Balıkesir
    • Çanakkale
    • Edirne
    • Kırklareli
    • Tekirdağ
  • West Black Sea Region
    • Amasya
    • Bartın
    • Çankırı
    • Çorum
    • Karabuk
    • Kastamonu
    • Samsun
    • Sinop
    • Tokat
    • Zonguldak


  • About Turkey Central
  • Business Directory
  • Forum Support
  • General Support
  • Photo Gallery Support
  • Quizzes
  • Residence Permit Assistance


  • All About Turkey
    • Turkey Generally
    • Living in Turkey
    • Turkey Travel, Tours, and Activities
    • Turkey Property
    • Turkish Culture, Customs, Politics, and Laws
  • Visas, Permits, and Citizenship
    • Visas
    • Residence Permits
    • Work Visas and Work Permits
    • Citizenship
  • Doing Business and Working
    • Digital Nomads, Working Online
    • Doing Business
    • Teaching English
    • Working
  • All Around Turkey
    • Adana
    • Alanya
    • Ankara
    • Antalya
    • Bodrum
    • Cappadocia
    • Çeşme
    • Dalyan
    • Didim
    • Fethiye
    • Istanbul
    • Izmir
    • Kaş and Kalkan
    • Kuşadası
    • Marmaris
    • Mersin
    • Side
    • Other Cities
  • The Lounge
    • Classified Advertising
    • Anything and Everything
    • About Turkey Central

Product Groups

  • Sales
  • Test Affiliate Program Group


  • Turkey Videos
  • Turkish Culture
  • Turkish Cuisine
  • Turkish Language
  • City and Town Videos
    • Adana Videos
    • Alanya Videos
    • Antalya Videos
    • Bodrum Videos
    • Cappadocia Videos
    • Çıralı Videos
    • Dalaman Videos
    • Dalyan Videos
    • Datça Videos
    • Denizli Videos
    • Didim Videos
    • Ephesus Videos
    • Eskişehir Videos
    • Fethiye Videos
    • Gallipoli Videos
    • Gökova Videos
    • Içmeler Videos
    • Istanbul Videos
    • Izmir Videos
    • Kalkan Videos
    • Kaş Videos
    • Kekova Videos
    • Köyceğiz Videos
    • Kuşadası Videos
    • Marmaris Videos
    • Mersin Videos
    • Muğla Videos
    • Ordu Videos
    • Pamukkale and Hierapolis Videos
    • Side Videos
  • Residence Permits
  • Turkish Films with Turkish Subtitles
  • Other Videos


  • Turkey News
  • Foreign News
  • COVID-19 Pandemic News

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






Found 6 results

  1. When you apply for a residence permit or other official identification, the government official involved may ask you for a criminal record check from your home country. How you get this will depend on the procedure used by your government's office that maintains criminal records. Because you'll be using the criminal record in Turkey, you'll also have to get it legalized and translated. Document legalization involves a separate document called an apostille, which I'll cover a bit later. Step 1: Learn Where Your Home Country Keeps and Issues Copies of Criminal Records Use Google to search for the government office in your home country which maintains criminal records. Use keywords and phrases which include the country, province, or district where you lived, along with the key phrase "criminal record." In the search results, you'll find the website of the government office you need. Visit their website to learn how to have a criminal record check done and have the results sent to you. UK Citizens ACRO, the Criminal Records Office, maintains criminal records for UK citizens. The website you need is https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx US Citizens Regardless of how many states you've lived in, get your criminal record check through the department of state for the state listed on your passport. Website addresses for all 50 departments of state are the state name followed by ".gov." For example, the website for the Arizona Department of State is www.arizona.gov. You'll find a link somewhere on your department of state website concerning criminal record checks. Unfortunately, having a criminal record check done in the USA usually requires you to appear in person and submit fingerprints. If this is too difficult, the Turkish government office may make an exception for you. I specifically asked an immigration specialist about this. He said they go by their impression of the person in deciding if they'll insist on a criminal record check from their home country or not. So if you can't go back to the States, dress nicely and look innocent when you submit your application. Warning!: Always use websites with an address containing the ".gov" suffix. This suffix means the website is an official government website, and not a private company or individual. Never use a website with an address containing the ".com" suffix. There are many private companies and people with official-looking websites who'll get your criminal record sent to you, but they'll also charge you a lot of money for doing what you can easily do yourself. Step 2: Have the Criminal Record Check Document Sent to You The government office which does criminal record checks in your home country, state, or province will have its own procedure, so follow the instructions given on the website and pay whatever fee is involved. Important!: If the government website has an option to have an apostille or other internationally legalizing document attached to your criminal record check document, choose it! It will save you from having to do it yourself, and you can skip step 3. Step 3: Have Your Criminal Record Check Document Internationally Legalized Now that you have your criminal record check document in hand, you must now have it internationally legalized. How you do this depends on whether your country is a member of the apostille convention. What Is an Apostille? An apostille is an internationally recognized stamp or document attached to the document which is being certified. When a questioned document has an apostille attached to it, it is recognized and accepted by all countries in the international Apostille Convention. How to Learn if Your Country is a Member of the Apostille Convention You can see if your country is a member by going here: List of Members of the Apostille Convention and Their Competent Authorities You'll also see the various competent authorities for your country. Once you find the competent authority you need, click on the link provided. That will take you to a page with a link to their website so you can learn where to send the document and how much the fee is. What is a Competent Authority? A competent authority is a government office that, under the Apostille Convention, is authorized to issue apostilles. If You Can't Find Your Country on the List If you don't see your country on the list, then your country isn't a member of the Apostille Convention. You'll need to contact your country's embassy or consulate for instructions. To learn more about apostilles, see Apostille: What it is, How it Works and How to Get One from Turkey. Step 4: Have Your Criminal Record Check Document and Apostille Translated to Turkish Now that you have your criminal record check document and its apostille, both documents must be translated by a sworn translator. The translator will take their translation to a notary and swear to its accuracy. Then the notary will put their stamp on it. At that point, your criminal record check document will be officially recognized in Turkey, and a copy of it will be kept in the notary's archives. How to Find a Sworn Translator Use Google Search Google or Google Maps using the name of the province and district where you live, and the keywords yeminli tercüman or yeminli çevirmen. Both phrases mean "sworn translator." Use the Sworn Translator Federation Website Go to the website of the Yeminli Çevirmenlik Federasyonu (TURÇEF, or in English, Federation of Sworn Translators), at https://www.turcef.net/. At the bottom of their home page is a menu of the regions of Turkey. Just select the option for where you are to get a listing of sworn translators showing their addresses, contact information, and the languages they specialize in. To learn more about sworn translators, see Sworn Turkish Translators: What They Do and How to Find One. Ask a Notary Notaries in Turkey always work with sworn translators. So, if you see a big red noter sign anywhere, walk into their office and ask where you can find a sworn translator. There will be one nearby. To learn more about notaries, see Notaries in Turkey: What They Do, Why You'll Need One and How to Find Them. Step 5: Submit Your Criminal Record Check Document With Your Application Now that you have your criminal record check document, the apostille, and the official notarized translation of both documents, you can include them in your application package. The Turkish government office you're applying to will only need the notarized translation, but also take the criminal record check document and the apostille with you in case they want to see it. How to Get Another Copy of Your Legalized and Translated Criminal Record Check Document When you get the official translation of your criminal record check document from the translator, you'll see a notary stamp on the back of it. This stamp contains a document number because the translation is now part of the archive at the notary's office. If you need to get another copy of the document later, you won't have to go through the whole process again. Just go to the notary office which notarized the translation, and give them the document number. They'll pull the document again and give you another copy of it. That second copy will be as legal as the first, and you can use it for future applications. External Links UK Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants: From the UK government, explains how UK citizens can get a criminal record check while overseas. ACRO Criminal Records Office, UK: The place where you can get a criminal records check certificate in the United Kingdom. Criminal Records Checks for US Citizens: From the US Department of State, information about how you can obtain a criminal record certificate from the US. Assistance and Support Turkey Central Forums: Do you have a question? Search our forums to see if it's already been answered. If it hasn't, feel free to open a new topic. Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  2. This article is about how to get your Turkish criminal record check, in person, from the government of Turkey. To learn how to get your criminal record from the online government services portal, e-Devlet, see: e-Devlet, Turkey's Government Website: How to Join and Use it. To learn how to get your criminal record from your home country, see: How to Get a Foreign Criminal Record from Turkey. You may be asked to provide a criminal record while applying for your residence permit or getting a driving license, among other reasons. The document you need is usually called an adlı sicil belgesi, (criminal record document), but might also be called a ceza çek or polis suç raporu. The criminal record check, when provided in an application package, must be less than six months old. Where to Get Your Criminal Record Criminal records are kept by the adlı sicil birimi, (criminal records unit) which can be found at any kaymakamlık (district governor's office) or Cumhurriyet Başsavcılık (chief prosecutor's office) which is always located inside an adliye (courthouse). You can find your local kaymakamlık or adliye by searching Google (or Google Maps) using your district name and one of the above keywords or phrases. No appointment is required. Just walk in, show your residence permit, pay the fee at the cashier, then return and pick it up. Getting Your Criminal Record from e-Devlet If you'll be using your criminal record in Turkey, you can also download it from e-Devlet, Turkey's government website. If you'll be giving your criminal record to your home country's embassy or consulate, you must get it from the prosecutor's office. Learn how to download your criminal history from e-Devlet. Assistance and Support Turkey Central Forums: Do you have a question? Search our forums to see if it's already been answered. If it hasn't, feel free to open a new topic. Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  3. I need to provide police clearance certificate from Turkey. In order to get this certificate, I have to provide identity card that I wonder could be Turkish identity card for foreigner or my own nationality identity card. If it Turkish foreigner identity card " kimlik". Then I will be in the complex situation. Since it was 10 year ago ( 18 years old) I lived in Ankara as Student for only a year ( now I am 28 @[email protected]) and both residence permit and ID card I believe lost ages ago. I hope you guys can give me any advice. In case they need my ID number, how I can I find my number. As I remember I need to had my residence permit done after that got foreigner ID number.
  4. I have a few (U. S.) friends here in Izmir that were issued long-term residencies (expire in 2099) after they applied for SHORT-term residencies. They have all been here as residents for at least 8 years, which supposedly is the minimum time to be eligible for a long-term residency. They did NOT provide a criminal record check, as that wasn't (and maybe still isn't) required for SHORT-term residency. Has anyone else seen or heard of this bonanza ??
  5. Do I need to have my criminal record mailed to Turkey, or is it very possible that I can do it while I'm in my country then take it with me?
  6. Hello, I live in Balikesir and last month my father came here with a tourist visa of 1 month expiry. He wanted to stay longer so we applied for short time Residence Permit. He got a tax number, opened a bank account and even got a 1 year health insurance. The time we went for the meeting on the given day, the lady in charge told us she wanted a certificate of clean records from us. She told us to go to Istanbul, to our embassy, and get the certificate and then come back again and she will give the permit. I told her it wasn't necessary in the past because she hadn't asked me for the certificate so She said this was the new law and my father has no record in the system and it is his first time applying so they want the certificate. we asked several people and they all are saying there is no such a thing required for applying I wanted to know if it's for sure or what? What can we do? anyone knows about this?
  • Create New...