Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'address'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Citizenship
  • Crime & Safety
  • Documents, Forms & Numbers
  • Driving
  • Government & Law
  • Health & Medicine
  • Living in Turkey
  • Money
  • Residence Permits
  • Residence Permit Health Insurance
  • Residence Permit Application Guides
  • Transportation
  • Telephones & Internet
  • Turkish Language
  • Visas
  • Work Permits


  • Turkey
  • Aegean Region
    • Afyonkarahisar
    • Aydın
    • Denizli
    • İzmir
    • Manisa
    • Muğla
    • Kütahya
    • Uşak
  • East Black Sea Region
    • Artvin
    • Giresun
    • Gümüşhane
    • Ordu
    • Rize
    • Trabzon
  • Central Anatolia Region
    • Aksaray
    • Kayseri
    • Kırıkkale
    • Kırşehir
    • Nevşehir
    • Niğde
    • Sivas
    • Yozgat
  • Central East Anatolia Region
    • Bingöl
    • Bitlis
    • Elazığ
    • Hakkari
    • Malatya
    • Muş
    • Tunceli
    • Van
  • Istanbul Region
    • Bazaar Quarter
    • Beyoğlu
    • Bosphorus
    • Sultahahmet
  • East Marmara Region
    • Bilecik
    • Bolu
    • Bursa
    • Düzce
    • Eskişehir
    • Kocaeli
    • Sakarya
    • Yalova
  • Mediterranean Region
    • Adana
    • Antalya
    • Hatay
    • Mersin
    • Burdur
    • Isparta
    • Kahramanmaraş
    • Osmaniye
  • Northeast Anatolia Region
    • Ağrı
    • Ardahan
    • Bayburt
    • Erzincan
    • Erzurum
    • Iğdır
    • Kars
  • Southeast Anatolia Region
    • Adıyaman
    • Batman
    • Diyarbakır
    • Gaziantep
    • Kilis
    • Mardin
    • Şanlıurfa
    • Şırnak
    • Siirt
  • West Anatolia Region
    • Ankara
    • Konya
    • Karaman
  • West Marmara Region
    • Balıkesir
    • Çanakkale
    • Edirne
    • Kırklareli
    • Tekirdağ
  • West Black Sea Region
    • Amasya
    • Bartın
    • Çankırı
    • Çorum
    • Karabuk
    • Kastamonu
    • Samsun
    • Sinop
    • Tokat
    • Zonguldak


  • About Turkey Central
  • Business Directory
  • Forum Support
  • General Support
  • Photo Gallery Support
  • Quizzes
  • Residence Permit Assistance


  • All About Turkey
    • Turkey Generally
    • Living in Turkey
    • Turkey Travel, Tours, and Activities
    • Turkey Property
    • Turkish Culture, Customs, Politics, and Laws
  • Visas, Permits, and Citizenship
    • Visas
    • Residence Permits
    • Work Visas and Work Permits
    • Citizenship
  • Doing Business and Working
    • Digital Nomads, Working Online
    • Doing Business
    • Teaching English
    • Working
  • All Around Turkey
    • Adana
    • Alanya
    • Ankara
    • Antalya
    • Bodrum
    • Cappadocia
    • Çeşme
    • Dalyan
    • Didim
    • Fethiye
    • Istanbul
    • Izmir
    • Kaş and Kalkan
    • Kuşadası
    • Marmaris
    • Mersin
    • Side
    • Other Cities
  • The Lounge
    • Classified Advertising
    • Anything and Everything
    • About Turkey Central

Product Groups

  • Sales
  • Test Affiliate Program Group


  • Turkey Videos
  • Turkish Culture
  • Turkish Cuisine
  • Turkish Language
  • City and Town Videos
    • Adana Videos
    • Alanya Videos
    • Antalya Videos
    • Bodrum Videos
    • Cappadocia Videos
    • Çıralı Videos
    • Dalaman Videos
    • Dalyan Videos
    • Datça Videos
    • Denizli Videos
    • Didim Videos
    • Ephesus Videos
    • Eskişehir Videos
    • Fethiye Videos
    • Gallipoli Videos
    • Gökova Videos
    • Içmeler Videos
    • Istanbul Videos
    • Izmir Videos
    • Kalkan Videos
    • Kaş Videos
    • Kekova Videos
    • Köyceğiz Videos
    • Kuşadası Videos
    • Marmaris Videos
    • Mersin Videos
    • Muğla Videos
    • Ordu Videos
    • Pamukkale and Hierapolis Videos
    • Side Videos
  • Residence Permits
  • Turkish Films with Turkish Subtitles
  • Other Videos


  • Turkey News
  • Foreign News
  • COVID-19 Pandemic News

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






Found 15 results

  1. One of the most important things you must do while living in Turkey is informing and updating the immigration office about where you're living. This begins when you first register your address as you're applying online for your residence permit. Each address type has different required documents, and a change of address must be reported to the immigration office. In this article, I'll explain how Turkey's Address Registration System works and how it connects with the online residence permit registration system at https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/. I'll explain what documents you'll need for each address type, and what you must do if you move somewhere else. Contents Before You Begin Your Turkey Residence Permit Application Entering Your Address Into the Online Residence Permit Registration System Documents Required to Prove Your Address in Turkey Using a Property You're Renting in Turkey as Your Address Using a Property You Own in Turkey as Your Address Using a Property Your Spouse Owns or Rents as Your Address Using a Friend's Home in Turkey as Your Address Using a Hotel in Turkey as Your Address Using Student Housing in Turkey as Your Address Using Utility Bills to Prove Your Address Changing Your Address Other Address Documents the Immigration Office Might Ask For Before You Begin Your Turkey Residence Permit Application Before you begin your online registration for your residence permit, you must have your address information ready. You don't need any documents that prove you have an address, you just need to know what your address is. After you complete the online registration, you can get the documentation and add it to your application package. Go Back to the Top Entering Your Address Into the Online Residence Permit Registration System Once you're in the Contact Details section of the online residence permit application system, you select your address from a database of all legally registered addresses. The last option, "Independent Section," refers to your actual apartment flat number, hotel room, or student dormitory room, if applicable. One of the pages you'll see while registering is an interface which is linked to Turkey's Adres Kayıt Systemi (Address Registration System), which is managed by the Nüfus ve Vatandaşlık İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü (Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs, or Nüfus). The central Address Registration System is a database of all registered addresses in Turkey, including houses, apartments, hotel rooms, and school dormitory rooms. It's integrated into the online residence permit registration system, so you can select your exact address using a series of drop-down menus. After you finish your online registration, the next step is to get the documents required to prove you're living at your address. Go Back to the Top Documents Required to Prove Your Address in Turkey At the end of the online registration, you'll download your İkamet İzni Kayıt Formu (Residence Permit Registration Form). On the first page, at the bottom, will be the address of the local immigration office and a date and time you must be there for an appointment. So you'll have time to get documents proving you live at the place you declared during your online registration. Here's what you'll need, according to your situation. Using a Property You're Renting in Turkey as Your Address You'll need a notarized copy of your kira sözleşmesi (rental contract). To find a notary, you can walk into town and look for a "noter" sign, or you can search Google Maps using the name of your district and the word "noter." The notaries in Turkey also have a website that displays the locations of all notaries in Turkey, here: http://www.tumnoterler.com/ Take your rental contract to the notary and ask them of for a noter tasdikli kopya (notarized copy). For 2022, the cost for this is around ₺200. Add the notarized copy with your residence permit application package, and keep the original. Insider Tip: On the back of your notarized copy will be a notary stamp with a registration number. Make a copy of this, or photograph it with your mobile phone and save it. When you extend your residence permit and need another notarized copy, you can take that number back to the same notary and they'll give you another copy from their records. It will save you the time and money you would spend to have another notarized copy made. Go Back to the Top Using a Property You Own in Turkey as Your Address You'll need your tapu (property title deed) and a regular (non-notarized) copy of it. Because property title deeds are issued by the Turkish government, there's no need to get a notarized copy. At your appointment, you'll give the copy to the immigration specialist, and keep the original. Go Back to the Top Using a Property Your Spouse Owns or Rents as Your Address You can use your spouse's address by proving marriage with a marriage certificate. If you're not married, the property owner or renter must sign a notarized declaration of responsibility for your debts if you leave Turkey without paying them. If Your Name is on the Rental Contract or the Property Title Deed Follow the instructions above for using a property you're renting as your address or using a property you own as your address. Otherwise you'll have to prove, with a marriage certificate, that you're the spouse of the person who is renting or who owns the property. If Your Spouse is a Turkish Citizen and You were Married in Turkey Your Turkish spouse can use e-Devlet to download their Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği (Population Registry Document). E-Devlet, meaning "e-government," is the Turkish government's online portal where citizens (and in most cases, foreign residents), can access and download official documents. The Population Registry Document is a record of a Turkish citizen which includes their marital status and spouse's information. Because it's e-signed, you can use a regular printed copy of it. If Your Spouse is a Foreigner and You Were Married in Turkey You can use your Uluslararası Aile Cüzdanı (International Family Book) which was issued just after you were married. You don't need to make a copy of it, just show the original to the immigration specialist. You can also use this if married to a Turkish citizen. If You Have a Foreign Marriage Certificate Foreign documents aren't accepted by the Turkish government unless they're authenticated by the government that issued them. The authentication is done with a stamp or attached document called an apostille. Apostilles are issued and accepted according to the International Apostille Convention, of which Turkey is a member. Each government member of the convention has a special office that issues apostilles. So to use your foreign marriage certificate to prove your marriage in Turkey, you must: Learn which office of your home government maintains marriage certificates. Get your marriage certificate sent to you. Learn which office of your home government issues apostilles. Send your marriage document to that office. Receive your marriage certificate with the apostille. Have your marriage certificate and the apostille translated into Turkish by a sworn translator. The sworn translator will have their translation notarized, and give you a Turkish copy of your marriage certificate and the apostille. At that point, the translated and notarized copy of your marriage certificate will be as legal in Turkey as your original marriage certificate is in your home country. You can learn the entire process for getting a copy of your foreign marriage certificate, the apostille, and the Turkish translation in this article: How to Get a Foreign Marriage Certificate from Turkey. Go Back to the Top Using a Friend's Home in Turkey as Your Address You can get a residence permit in Turkey using a friend or distant family member's home as your address. But your host(s) must sign a declaration, before a notary, stating they'll make sure you extend your residence permit or leave Turkey when required, and pay any debts you fail to pay. Required Documents A copy of your host's ID card. If your host is a Turkish citizen, a Nüfus Kayıt Örneği Belgesi (Population Registration Document), which they can download using the e-Devlet (e-government) website. A copy of the host's criminal record, which both Turkish citizens and foreign residents can download from e-Devlet. A notarized copy of your host's rental contract, or a regular copy of your host's property title deed. A taahhütname. What is a Taahhütname? In Turkey, a taahhütname (literally, a notarized legal undertaking), is a declaration that a person will do a certain thing, under penalty of law if they fail to do it. If a resident of Turkey allows a foreigner to use their home as an address, the host must sign a taahhütname declaring responsibility for the foreigner. Everyone whose name is on the rental contract or title deed must sign a taahhütname (pronounced tah-hoot-nah-meh). What your host(s) will be responsible for is making sure you leave Turkey or extend your residence permit when the time comes, and for paying any unpaid debts you incur while living in Turkey at their address. You can get a taahhütname at any notary. The notary will probably know what you need and have a pre-existing template they can use If any of the signers don't speak English, a sworn translator will verbally translate the taahhütname to make sure everyone understands it. Your host(s) don't have to go to your residence permit application interview with you. The taahhütname is enough. Insider Tip: In Istanbul, the immigration specialists are sometimes not approving residence permits for foreigners who are using someone else's address unless the host is an immediate family member. Also, the duration of the residence permits they approve may be for less than one year. Go Back to the Top Using a Hotel in Turkey as Your Address You can use a hotel as your address when applying for a residence permit in Turkey as you look for a property to rent or buy, or while traveling and sightseeing. If you are looking for a property to rent or buy, you'll need a letter from the hotel stating that you're staying there. If traveling, you'll also need a written itinerary. If You're Looking for a Property to Rent or Buy You can get a residence permit using a hotel as your address until you find a place to rent or buy, and also if you want to travel around Turkey for longer than your visa allows. You can apply for a residence permit with a duration of up to two years while you're staying in a hotel and looking for a property to buy. You apply for a touristic residence permit while you're at the hotel, using your hotel room as your address. After you find and buy a property, and move from the hotel into your home, you must take your new property title deed, and a regular copy, to the immigration office to report your change of address. You have 20 working days to do this after you move in to your new property. There's no need to re-apply for a new residence permit as a property owner. You can simply wait until it's time to extend your residence permit, then renew it as a property owner residence permit. Required Documents A stamped and signed letter from the hotel management, using the hotel's letterhead, stating your dates of stay, the address of the hotel, and your room number. If You Want to Stay in Turkey to See the Sights and Travel If you just want to stay in Turkey as a tourist, and take time to see the country beyond what your visa allows, you can get a touristic residence permit for however long you need one. You can even visit multiple places in Turkey and stay in different hotels. Required Documents A stamped and signed letter from the hotel management, using the hotel's letterhead, stating your dates of stay, the address of the hotel, and your room number A written itinerary explaining where you will be traveling in Turkey and where you plan to stay during your trip. You don't have to make all of the reservations or pay hotel bills in advance. When you go to your appointment, explain your itinerary to the immigration specialist. If they need more information or documentation, they'll let you know, and give you time to get whatever else you need. Go Back to the Top Using Student Housing in Turkey as Your Address Before you apply for your residence permit, coordinate with your school's student affairs office. They'll help you with your application. If You're Living in Student Housing Your school will give you a document stating what building and room number you'll be living in. Add that document to your residence permit application package. If You're Renting Your Own Apartment You'll need a notarized copy of your rental contract (See Using a Property You're Renting as Your Address). Go Back to the Top Using Utility Bills to Prove Your Address Although utility bills aren't on the official list of documents for residence permit applications, immigration specialists consider them to be some of the best proof of address you can have. So if you have any utility bills in your name, showing your address, bring them to your appointment. Go Back to the Top Change of Address in Turkey If you move, you must report your change of address to the immigration office within 20 business days. If you move to a new province, you must make another "first-time" application for a new residence permit. If you live in Turkey with a residence permit and have a change of address, you must report it to the immigration office within 20 working days. If you move to another address in a different province, you must also apply for a new residence permit. Don't Change Your Address During the Residence Permit Application Process! If you declare your address during the online registration, then change it to another address before you go to your appointment, your application will be canceled. If your current visa or residence permit is expired, you must leave Turkey within ten days, paying a fine at the airport or other exit point for any overstay. If your overstay doesn't result in a reentry ban, you may re-enter with a Conditional Entry Information Form, then reapply for a residence permit. But it's a huge hassle you can avoid by just staying at the same address until you receive your residence permit card. You can change your address after that. Updating Your Address in the Address Registration System You can report your change of address by going to your local immigration office. No appointment is required. An immigration specialist will update your address in the central Address Registration System. If you've moved to another place with a different immigration office, report the change at the immigration office responsible for the place you've moved to. Insider Tip: You may hear that you must also report your new address at the Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs. This is no longer required. The immigration office now updates all changes of address. Change of Address Within the Same Province If you have your residence permit card and move to a new address in the same province, go to the immigration office with your property title deed and a regular copy of it, or your rental contract and a notarized copy of it. It will be the same documents you used to prove your address when you first applied. If you have any utility bills listing you at your new address, take them too. Change of Address to a New Province If you move to a new address in a different province, you must apply for a new residence permit. That means you must register online again and get the same documents you needed when you first applied for your residence permit. You must also pay the fees again. Your new residence permit card will have the name of your new province printed on it instead of the old province. The new application will be a "first time" application, and not an extension. Note: If you later intend to apply for a long-term residence permit after living in Turkey for eight uninterrupted years, the making of another first-time application won't be a disqualifying break in residence. Interruptions in residence only occur when you leave Turkey. And the only type of residence permit that doesn't contribute to the eight-year requirement is the student residence permit. Change of Address if You're Within 60 Days of the Expiration of Your Current Residence Permit In this case, you must extend your residence permit anyway. So as long as you haven't gone past the 20 business days deadline to report your change of address, you can simply enter your new address when you register online to extend your residence permit. If you're going to go beyond the 20 business day limit, then report the change to the immigration office, and then register online for the extension. Go Back to the Top Other Address Documents the Immigration Office Might Ask For After your online application, you may receive an SMS message or e-mail (depending on the communications preference you selected) asking for additional documents. The following are those the immigration office might ask for. You only need to get these documents if you own the property where you live and you are specifically asked for them. The Tapu Kaydı Örneği A Tapu Kaydı Örneği (Property Title Deed Registration Sample) is an official document that contains detailed information about the owner(s) and specifications of real property. It is often used to prove ownership when applying for a loan or residence permit in Turkey. While you may have a title deed for your property, the Tapu Kaydı Örneği is updated whenever ownership of a property is transferred. It's also e-signed or signed and stamped, so it's more reliable than a property title deed when proving ownership. So the immigration office will ask for one in addition to your property title deed if your title deed is more than two years old. You can get the Tapu Kaydı Örneği for your property by downloading it from e-Devlet, at https://www.turkiye.gov.tr/tkgm-tapu-kayit-belgesi. You can also get it from the Tapu ve Kadastro Genel Müdürlüğü (Title Deed and Land Registry General Directorate) responsible for the place where your property is. Just show them your current residence permit and property title deed and ask for it. You can find your local title deed office using Google maps. The Numarataj Belgesi A Numarataj Belgesi is a government document which lists your property's official address, location, and function. It's issued by the belediye (municipality) responsible for the district in Turkey where you live. You can get your Numarataj Belgesi (Address Numbering Document) from the belediye (municipality) or the Title Deed Office. At the municipality, find the office called "Bünyesinde İmar ve Şehircilik Müdürlüğü" (Directorate of Reconstruction and Urbanization) or something similar. Or ask for the "Numarataj Ofisi." Go Back to the Top Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He's now retired and living in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  2. There are some situations for which someone in the Turkish government, or someone else, may ask you to document your intention to do something, and then have that document notarized. The document they'll be asking for is called a taahütname. What is a Taahhütname? A taahhütname is a Turkish legal document on which you make a taahhüd (declaration, commitment, or undertaking), to do something. In this document, you may also agree to some remedy or penalty if you fail to do it. The taahhütname is created by a noter (notary), then stamped and signed by the noter, which makes your declaration a legal document and a public record. Notaries in Turkey have pre-written templates for all types of taahhütnames. So, when you ask for one, it'll probably just be a matter of using one of their templates and filling in the blanks, then making modifications where necessary. The taahhütname isn't a form with a form number. It's just a sheet of paper on which you declare your undertaking, then sign it. The taahütname can say anything you want it to say (provided it's legal). It will, however, have a number stamped on it by the notary. Record that number, so if you ever need another copy of it you can go back to the notary and have them pull the original from their records, then copy it for you. What to Have Written in a Taahütname Anyone (including a government official) who asks you to provide a taahütname should also give you instructions concerning what it should say. So, when you go to the notary, take those instructions with you and show them to the notary. That way, you can be sure the taahhütname is worded correctly. Examples of When a Taahhütname is Required Here are two common examples of when you might need to provide a taahhütname: A friend or relative, who isn't your spouse or child, is applying for a residence permit and will be staying with you and using your address as their address. You're applying for a residence permit for a child who isn't your own, and you're serving as their guardian. Immigration Office Guidelines The Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü (Directorate General of Migration Management, or Immigration Office) doesn't provide the exact wording you should use in a taahhütname for the above situations. They only tell you in general terms what it must say. The notary who creates the taahhütname should know what to write in it. Allowing a Friend or Non-immediate family Member to Use Your Address The immigration office says this: Turkish "Kişinin (akraba dışında) yanında kalınacak olması halinde yanında kalınan kişinin noter onaylı taahhüdü (yanında kalınan kişinin evli olması halinde ayrıca eşinin de noter onaylı taahhüdü) aranır." English "If the foreigner is going to stay in a 3rd person's residence (other than relatives), notary public undertaking of the host (and notary public undertaking of the spouse if the host is married) is required." Explanation What the government expects is that each person listed on the tapu (property title deed) or the rental contract and their spouse(s) be responsible for the foreigner staying in their home. Each person must declare they'll ensure the foreigner departs Turkey when or before their residence permit expires, and be liable for any unpaid debts incurred by the foreigner. So each of them must go to the notary and sign the taahhütname. Acting as a Guardian of a Child This is what the immigration office says: Turkish "Şahsın on sekiz yaşından küçük olması durumunda; yurt dışında bulunan annesi/babası veya yasal temsilcisinin vereceği muvafakatname ile muvafakatnamede belirtilmek kaydıyla Türkiye’deki gerçek ya da tüzel kişiler tarafından verilecek taahhütname aranır." English "If the foreigner is under eighteen years old; an undertaking to be granted by real and legal persons in Turkey is required provided that such undertaking is specified in the letter of parental consent to be given by his/her mother and father been in abroad or by legal representative." Explanation What the government expects is the guardian to declare they'll provide a suitable home, food, clothing, education, and anything else the child needs. Signing the Taahhütname The taahhütname will be in Turkish, so if you don't speak Turkish, there must be a sworn translator present when you sign the taahhütname. There's a charge for this, but it's a legal requirement and, obviously, a good idea! The translator will read the taahhütname out loud in English, to make sure everyone who signs it understands what they're signing. Submitting the Taahhütname with Your Residence Permit Application If you're the one applying for the residence permit, give the taahhütname, during your residence permit application appointment, to the immigration specialist with the rest of your application package. If you've provided a taahhütname for another person's application, there's no need for you to go to their appointment. The taahhütname will be sufficient. Assistance and Support Turkey Central Forums: Do you have a question? Search our forums to see if it's already been answered. If it hasn't, feel free to open a new topic. Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  3. I got my residence card in Antalya last July valid till April 2021. I'm aware that the registered adress online is the one I submitted during my application. In the case when this winter season, I decide to change apartment, how does the process go? I assume this is a normal issue? What are the things I should take note of doing?
  4. Hi, I'm in a bit of a quandary. I'm registered from Istanbul but have been staying near Milas and have now decided to stay here permanently so I have to change address. The 157 helpline said I have to go to immigration office in Muğla but being over 65 I can't leave the house because of the Covid-19 restrictions. I rang the Muğla office but couldn't find an English speaker and my Tarzan Turkish doesn't go too far. As far as I could gather I shouldn't do anything about it but surely this will breach the 20 day rule particularly as I've informed the 157 helpline of my situation. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
  5. The nufus office shows a different address to the electric office and electric bills not in my name which address is required on the application and rental agreement ?
  6. i tried to see my adresse on e Devlet but I couldn’t. I tried to open a account at garanti and they told me they couldn’t find my adresse. So I tried it myself Does anyone know what I have to do ?
  7. I have valid RP based on my current address, next week we are going to move to a new address is about 1 km from our current address. Should I inform the immigration office about that or just to change the address in Nüfus?
  8. When I moved to Turkey earlier this year I was living in Antalya, I moved to Mersin this month. When I was having a check up at Yenişehir Hastanesi yesterday one of the admin people said that I would need to change my residence permit to correctly show the city where I am living. Another admin person said that it was not important. Does anyone know what is actually required?
  9. My parents ( my father and mother both over 65 ) got their RP expiring end of August 2019. This was issued in Antalya for one year and it was on a rental agreement. Since then Me and my cousin bought a flat in Alanya for our parents and tapu (property title deed) is registered on our names but we both live in Europe and come and visit our parents sometimes. My question is can we apply for our parents in Alanya to renew their RP on our property as they will be living here not in Antalya. and can we apply for 2 years RP since this property is bought for them. in terms of finances we are supporting them so can we show our financial statements from Europe not turkey. What are the procedures so we can prepare in advance and plan our trip to turkey in terms of timings to be there to help my parents.
  10. I applied my short term residence in Tekirdağ/Turkey. And now I want to cancel my application and want to apply from Istanbul. My question is this possible? Second I would like to ask if my application rejected from Tekirdağ, can I apply from Istanbul? Thirdly, I made a rent agreement for 1 year. If my application rejected, then I will go back to my home country. My question is do I have to pay the full year rent to my landlord? Fourthly, immigration officer told me to pay for an extra 4 months fee bcz I applied for only 2 months n paid that as well too. So I paid in the tax department but now I want to stay for a year. My question is can I pay for 6 months more at tax department by acquiring them how much it will be for my country and they will tell me and then I pay by my tax no? And then I will go to the immigration officer with other required document as he asked like he asked to make a new contract starting from atleast the start date of your residence period date and due to mistake in address. Because he already changed the period by hand on application for 6 months. If I take the fees he might will change it to 1 yr.
  11. I am coming to Turkey next year to repair, decorate and sell my friend's apartment in Fethiye for her. I will have a Power of Attorney to act on her behalf. I will need to apply for a short term resident permit. I will be living in the apartment. So what documents regarding proof of residence do I need to present at my interview.
  12. I got my student residence permit! My school did all of that Now my wife also studies but her school is different they dd not do that and say you yourself should do. they just make an appointment and insurance. The only thing we need is the house contract confirmation. They said that you should go to notary. It is somewhat expensive as I know. there is another way I am not sure whether is possible or not. The bank wants my friend to show the confirmation in the contract. He went to the nüfus dairesi (population directorate) and they gave him a letter which confirms his contract without paying anything! Could I do that too?
  13. I just got into trouble about the address that I registered in my application. in the time I was making appointment and the appointment time , my husband and I were living in that address and we didn't want to move from there but we had to move to a new address 1 week after my husband's appointment. Yesterday it was my appointment time and I noticed that they still didn't send my husband's application to Ankara while we were expected to receive his residence permit in 2 weeks . and they told me the police went to that address but couldn't find you there and they asked the neighbors is any American is living here and they said no, while we don know our neighbors too and our looking is not like Americans and they think we are Iraqi, so they told just Iraqis are living here. Now we faced a problem how to replace our new address to our application because our residency permits are expired both and we can not make a new application. should we just go to police and show them our new address to let them verify we are living or should we go to the police and say we just wanna change the address page from our application? Can we print down our new address and just replace this paper with the old one ?
  14. hello friends, please help me if you can: I need strict address one building from kusadasi: terraca ada. I need to send in this building post from georgia or call to administrator. cant find strict address of this building. can someone help me to find terraca adas administrators phone number? or find postal code and directly address ? thanks for advance. P. S. I was searching in internet sure, but, there is no strict address.
  15. It took me about 3 months of trouble, probably 100 calls to 157, 2 appointments and generally lots of work, expenses and waiting to get my residency permit in hand. (1st time short term tourist) It was issued for 11 months, instead of 12 I applied for for some ridiculous reason. (Not important for my question, but whoever cares for the reason: My address is a hotel and the hotel owner wrote me a letter that I stay there and the end date was matched to fit my first appointment, I didnt ask them to re-write it for my second appointment, and even though it is a hotel and I can stay there as a guest how long I like, they just used that stupid date and gave me one months less on my residency permit.) Now I am thinking about going to another province ... I called 157 to ask what I need to do to notify them of my changed address should I go to another province. They told me I would have to make a completely new first time residency permit application!! Like start from 0 again. No way this can't be true I am thinking and I don't really feel like doing this .. I am a very experienced expat and in all countries I lived in I made sure to comply with all immigration rules, but this is so ridiculous that I am thinking to simply ignore this ... there is no way I am going to do this all over again ... sorry .. besides .. I am not even sure how long I will stay at a single address ... I might be moving around every couple of weeks .. They told me I have 20 days from moving to making a new application. What if I am not even staying 20 days at the same hotel or rental?
  • Create New...