Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Hisband'.
Found 1 result
Hi can anyone please offer any advice?My husband and I applied for a UK settlement visa on 19th december 2011 and on 9th February 2012 we found out he was refused as he hadnt done the English Language test.He did the test on the 18th Feb 2012 and passed, and we submitted an appeal on 5th March 2012 including the certificate. This appeal was not even dealt with by the appeal office until 15th April as the office was behind schedule and 2 weeks ago we recevied a letter to say that our appeal should be looked at by 11th September 2012 as all documents have now been sent back to Istanbul to be reviewed by the ECO.I have not seen my husband since November 2011 and since returning home to the UK found out I was pregnant. I am now nearly 7 months and we are expecting bump to arrive on 21st July.I have written to the appeal office to ask them to expedite our appeal as we both want my husband to be here for the birth at the latest but I got a letter back saying this reason was not enough to expedite the appeal.I then went to my doctor to get a letter as I am now getting really stressed and the pressure of not knowing is unbearable. We sent this to the appeal office and again they have refused to expedite our appeal.We are now waiting in limbo and just dont know when this is going to be looked at, if he will be able to get here for the birth and just dont know what more we can do. Is it too much to ask that we just want to be together and see the birth of our child together?Its so hard and upsetting and I was just wondering if anyone has any idea on how long it may take for the ECO in Istanbul to decide if they want to overturn the original refusal? Or if it is likely that this is going to be September? Any advice would be really appreciated now for both me, bump and my husband. Also does anyone know the process, will they call or write to him or me (as his sponsor and representative) Thanks