Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Aston last won the day on August 2 2014

Aston had the most liked content!

About Aston

  • Rank
    Supreme Member
  • Birthday March 7

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    United Kingdom
  1. Its very sad that you had a bad experience Jennie.but not all Turkish men are the same, Whenever a man or woman from a more developed country i.e USA, UK, Australia EU countries etc enters into a long term relationship or marries a person from a poorer country they take a very big chance. Marriages where the woman is older than the man are quite common and are far more likely to end in tears I have heard many stories like yours not only about Turks but about lots of different nationalities , Tunisians, Jamaicans, Nigerians, Haitians, Pakistani's, the list is long. Most of these countries have the type of culture where mothers mollycoddle their sons even as grown men. Jennie I do hope you can find peace in your life. I wish you all the very best for the future
  2. Your husband cannot make the settlement application until he has the original ESOL certificate showing he has passed the test. When you complete the online application form you will be directed to a new page where you will choose the date you wish to attend the appointment at Ankara. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa Hope that helps.
  3. You can apply to change both first names and surname. for example Mehmet Esayan can be changed to David Smith Where a father refuses to give his consent for the child name change, the mother will need to apply to the courts for permission to change the child’s name. A court will give its permission when it believes that changing the child’s name is in the child’s best interests. Exemption from military service in a foreign country where they cannot speak the language or be kidnapped because they have Turkish names should be good enough reason. A court's decision will be based on factors like the degree of commitment the father has to the child, the frequency and quality of contact between the father and child, and so on. The court will also take into account an older child’s views (aged 11 upwards) on the proposed name change. For example if a child aged 11+ wishes his or her name to be changed, the court is far more likely to give its permission for the name change to go ahead. I urge you to go to the CSA as this will help your case that he is not contacting or supporting his children. As for renouncing citizenship You really need to speak to the Turkish consulate. As Meral said perhaps you could let your daughter decide when she is older.
  4. Hi Fairydust and welcome. I will try to answer your questions in the order they are written. Firstly you need to contact the Child Support Agency and give them as much information as possible. You don't need his home address to apply here is the CSA site on how to apply https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/how-to-apply I am not sure what you mean when you say your daughter has a British passport that states she has dual citizenship. As an immigration lawyer I see people who are dual citizens all the time and I have never seen a British passport that states"Dual National" How does your daughters passport differ to your sons? Turkish Citizenship is defined in Article 66 of the Turkish Constitution. [*]The child of a Turkish father or a Turkish mother is a Turk. [*]Citizenship can be acquired under the conditions stipulated by law, and shall be forfeited only in cases determined by law. [*]No Turk shall be deprived of citizenship, unless he commits an act incompatible with loyalty to the motherland. [*]Recourse to the courts in appeal against the decisions and proceedings related to the deprivation of citizenship, shall not be denied You can renounce your daughters Turkish citizenship you need contact the Turkish Consulate and they will advise you how to proceed and how long the procedure will take. As you have not registered your sons as Turkish citizens. They can only be identified by their names. I am assuming your children have Turkish names Obviously this will identify them as Turkish. I would suggest you legally change your boys names this is a straightforward and simple matter and shouldn't be too expensive. They can then have new passports in their British names. It may sound drastic but it legally changes their identity. I have heard stories that young men are identified as Turks by their names and have been prevented from leaving Turkey as they must undertake national service. I don't know if its true, If it were my children I would do whatever I could to safeguard them and I have given you a legal solution. Finally you need to obtain a residence order and prohibited steps order to protect your children from being removed unlawfully from the UK. When you divorce which you should do sooner rather than later you will not need your husbands permission for the children to leave Turkey. I hope that has answered your questions. http://www.turkeycentral.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' /> I am very interested in regard to your daughters passport.
  5. Aston

    Istanbul Guide Books

    Here is link to route planning in Istanbul http://www.turkeycentral.com/topic/17321-istanbul-route-planning/#entry84135 Langenscheidt dictionaries are still the best,I have a yellow pocket dictionary that is dog eared from years of use This site is really good for Turkish idioms http://tureng.com/search/fed%20up Finally, check out the the Turkish Cultural Foundation website http://www.turkishculture.org/ it has a wealth of information on all things Turkish. Finally ordinary guidebooks can be purchased all over Istanbul in many different languages.
  6. What a nerve asking you to sign over half your house Can you not change your phone number ? It maybe better if you never heard from him.. Good luck Kys and all the best
  7. Hi Vaggelis and welcome to the forum Its very confusing and upsetting when someone does not return your feelings. Unfortunately this young woman does not want a committed relationship with you in fact she is not interested in seeing you and you really have to let go. In this day and age women can take their pleasure and walk away without commitment. You had a nice time together but thats all it was. I don't think she is playing hard to get I really think she does not want to be with you. Please accept this and stop contacting her . Its an old saying but its true...there are plenty more fish in the sea
  8. This is the new website for the British mission in Turkey https://www.gov.uk/world/turkey the site is now generic and you need to search for the services you require. The British Embassy site is here https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-ankara#our-services
  9. Don;t you have Google on your planet ?
  10. I have travelled on the fast ferry to Bandirma we were travelling to Erdek. I have also travelled to the Princes Islands . I prefer to be on deck or on aisle seat I hate being stuck inside I am the same on an airplane if I am travelling alone. Here is lots of information about the ferries. http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/Ship/ist_bandirma_fy.html http://www.istanbultrails.com/2009/08/getting-around-in-istanbul-by-ferry-or-sea-bus/ and finally the IDO Ferries website which is in English http://www.ido.com.tr/en Bon Voyage
  11. Guzel, it makes no difference where you married if you are living in the UK you need to divorce in the UK as well as proceeding with the residence of your child. This statement:- The Petitioner is domiciled and habitually resident in England and Wales and has resided there for at least six months immediately prior to the petition. applies to you when you submit. a divorce petition. Domicile means the country which is your permanent home and habitually resident is the country where you live for settled purposes. Your husband needs the Turkish divorce as he will not be able to remarry in Turkey if he doesn't divorce in Turkey. It sounds to me that he is in a rush to divorce so maybe we has someone else. Family matters and divorce are handled separately in the UK so you need to sort out the child's residence first and then divorce in the UK on the grounds of your husbands unreasonable behaviour, The divorce judge will then be satisfied that your family matter is resolved. I think you definitely need a Prohibited Steps Order Once you have your British decree absolute you can send it to your husband with a power of attorney. By then you will have safeguarded yourself and your child.
  12. CB24, you are entitled to a British divorce as you have been married for one year. I am assuming there are no children and if so, your divorce should be straightforward. You do not have to return to Turkey. Once you are divorced in the UK you can send the British Decree Absolute to your husband in Turkey. He can then open a divorce recognition case in Turkish Courts if he wants to. Then, the Turkish court will write to you in the UK .to confirm you want the British divorce recognised in Turkey. This part is up to him and is much quicker an easier than a full on Turkish divorce. Good luck
  13. Hi Guzel and welcome. I can see you are very confused. So let me try to explain this. As you and your child are now in the UK and you are both British citizens, your case will be determined under British law. If there had been any problem about bringing your child to the UK you would presumably have been stopped at the Turkish airport from where you departed. As your husband is not in the UK he will have no say whatsoever in any proceedings in a UK court of law unless he hires a UK lawyer to act on his behalf. This I assume is highly unlikely as it will be very expensive. A Residence Order is an Order "setting the arrangements" to be made as to the person with whom a child is to live.It replaces what used to be called "custody" The court may request a report from a CAFCASS Family Court Adviser ( Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service - CAFCASS) who will talk to you and assess you as a parent , and the following :- The ascertainable wishes and feelings of the child, considered in the light of his age and understandingThe child’s physical, emotional and educational needsThe likely effect on the child of any change in the child’s circumstancesThe child’s age, sex, background and any characteristics that the Court considers relevantAny harm suffered or likely to be suffered by the childHow capable each parent, and any other person in relation to whom the Court considered the question to be relevant, is of meeting the child’s needsThe range of powers available to the Court in the proceedings in question.The Court will consider the above in the light of the evidence it has heard and read and also the recommendation of the Welfare Officer. Child(ren) should not be brought to any court hearing. Where a Residence Order is in force no one can change the child’s surname or remove the child from the UK (except the person who has the Residence Order who can take the child for a holiday of up to one month) without the written permission of everyone who has Parental Responsibility for the child, or the permission of the Court. You may also want a PROHIBITED STEPS ORDER in place with the Residence Order. If you are worried your ex-partner may seek to unlawfully take/keep your child abroad, then you should also ask for the Prohibited Steps Order. I hope that helps you Guzel regarding the Residence Order. Taking off my lawyers hat and speaking from a personal point of view , why do you want to remain married to a man who does not want to be with you? Are you hoping he will change his mind? This is your chance to sort out your life and do the best you can for your child. As for going to Turkey I suggest you don't go there until you are divorced in the UK. By the way there is nothing to stop your husband starting divorce proceedings in Turkey. I wish you all the very best, get in touch if you need any further help
  14. Welcome Dora, All I can suggest is that you contact the Ankara and Istanbul Chambers of Commerce http://www.atoankaraexport.org/ and http://www.icvb.org/default.asp
  • Create New...