Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Country


Posts posted by IbrahimAbi

  1. Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum. Have you asked the firm that you work for if they will get a residency for your wife? Some companies will do that. Can't advise on when to apply. You will need Marriage cert, it will need translating into Turkish and noterising. I believe that your wife will have health insurance as your dependent if your company is paying your Turkish social security (SGK). Also bring back evidence of educational certificates in case you wish to take up a Turkish driving licence.

  2. You should go to the municipal office in the area that you live in (Belediye). You will need your title deeds (Tapu). You need to pay the building tax (bina vergisi) and the environment tax (Çevre vergisi). This may have changed a little recently as we have been given a tax break for 5 years, so have not paid it recently.

    Earthquake insurance (DASK) can be paid at any insurance company office. I hope that this helps Fada.

  3. You will need your passport and a Turkish foreigners' ID number (available from Göç idaresi office). The number is 11 characters and will start with a 99 for foreigners. you will need this number for just about all official work. The 120 day rule will not apply if the phone is bought in Turkey.

  4. Surely the security deposit was paid when the contract was signed. We had this in TRNC when we rented. It was one month's rent. We were contractually obliged to give one month's notice at the end, this we did and did not pay the final month rent in lieu of our deposit. Landlord was happy with that, as we gave access to his workers to paint the house while we were still living there so that he could re-rent it quickly.

  5. Wife will have to go through the same process. you will need to get your marriage certificate translated (if not in Turkish) and notarised. then she will be recognised as a dependent. personally I would put enough money in the bank for a few months (I would still work on 1000USD per month for two persons). I think the bank account will need to be a joint account or separate accounts for each of you.

  6. I think the cost of residency is 140USD per person per year. there is no longer any  minimum that you need to have in your bank, it is up to the officer who is carrying out your interview. For piece of mind I would like to be able to prove 6 month's living expenses though. I hope that this helps. Good luck.

  • Create New...