Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Country

    United Kingdom

Everything posted by REDDERS

  1. [DOC] Your landlord is totally incorrect & he almost certainly knows it & is playing on the fact that you're a foreigner with no knowledge of rental laws. If he hasn't raised the rent in previous years,then thats his problem not yours. Legally there is no way he can make you pay 3 years of backdated rent increases...And He Knows It.!!! If your contract is due for renewal in November 2021 the maximum legal increase for this month is 17.09%, in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Heres the link to confirm what the total maximum amount can be.Just fill in your existing monthly rent figure . https://www.hesapkurdu.com/konut-kredisi/h/kira-artisi-hesaplama?fbclid=IwAR2K0VFaG7vFLe_w0aGZN2DTxWcv1U6ndfQ4uj7yOLJLkmy-wXHhBSfBsSo If he doesn't accept this increase then simply tell him you'll see a lawyer & sort it out in court. He knows this will take over a year to get a hearing. I'm still waiting for a date for my first hearing in a divorce case & it's so far been 14 months since a petition was filed to the local Turkish courthouse.
  2. Yes it is & most likely no text from the PTT will be sent to the recipient either.
  3. ''So PTT didn't send me any text messages whatsoever, nor any emails regarding to the tracking number.'' The PTT stopped sending the text with tracking barcode a year ago. You now check with either 157 or your GOC office to see if a tracking barcode has been issued, If so,take note of it & go online to the PTT tracker webpage, insert the barcode & track it from there.
  4. Are you referring to taxes on new car purchases or annual road tax for all vehicles?. If annual road tax heres the 2021 fees .. Road tax is calculated on the engine size ,age and value of the vehicle.
  5. There is no need to register anywhere as your address is entered into the national system when your details are taken by the GOC officer at your RP interview. You only need to inform the GOC within 20 days if/when you move properties.
  6. vu8,you can apply for SGK when you've held an RP for at least 1 full year,ie,in the 2nd+ year. It's not means tested for foreigners,it's a flat fee,which for 2021 is 858tl each month & increases every Jan 1st. Most SGK offices,which is where you make your application/request to join ,will ask you to visit your local Devlet hospital for a barrage of tests with various specialist doctors.. The list will be given to you by them. Check with your Devlet hospital also as some will only accept you for these tests on certain days of the week. This varies from province to province. You can make use of your new SGK cover after the first month .
  7. PPW, no private health policy providers or the state SGK will cover for any condition that can be classed as pre existing or chronic health conditions.
  8. Hi Nur,if he's been here for the full 90 days as a tourist,he must be out of Turkey prior to the 90th day & stay out for 90 days before returning.. Hence why it's known as 90/180....90 days allowance in every 180 days .
  9. Sadly GDB thats not possible anymore. For those country that are party to the convention for licence exchange you start at your local Nufus office & have to have a noterised copy of your foreign licence sent back to the country of issue to confirm it is still valid & not revoked,then go through the paperwork,health checks & payment of required taxes prior to the new Turkish driving licence issued. For those with UK licences it takes on average 5 months to hear back from the DVLA,after that its as long as you take to finish the job of tests & payments, as above.
  10. Gentlemen, if your foreign licence is issued from a country which is part of the convention,then it is as it states ,a licence exchange. If the country of issue is not a member of the convention,then you must tke lessons & driving test to obtain a Turkish licence & in this case you keep your foreign licence. The link below shows the countries that are part of the convention & as you'll see the UK are but USA not. https://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDetailsIII.aspx?src=TREATY&mtdsg_no=XI-B-19&chapter=11&Temp=mtdsg3&clang=_en
  11. Hi,no private health policy providers or the state SGK will cover for pre existing or chronic health conditions.
  12. Both of you can only bring one car in without payment for a maximum of two years. According to the Gumruk website on this topic ... I am dual citizen. Can I bring my vehicle within the scope of private use? Answer: Within the scope of private use the nationality does not matter, being a resident abroad is enough . This is for a maximum of two years only. The page goes on to state that if you as TC's wanted to keep it here longer & register with Turk Touring & put them on Turkish plates which foreigners can do [ with restrictions] I am dual citizen. Can I bring my vehicle within temporary entrance carnet for foreign vehicles? Answer: No. According to General Customs Communiqué about the temporary importation of land vehicles (Serial Number: 1), dual citizens have no right to bring their vehicles within temporary entrance carnet for foreign vehicles.
  13. Hi Ken,i was always under the impression that a passport is needed to make an RP application. If you look at the picture in that link the info beside the passport info is in Red,therefore MUST be filled in. So baby is born & registered here,then a foreign passport for the newborn must be applied for & then Residence Permit application submitted all within 6 months of the birth.
  14. It will never come in 2 weeks, probably nearer 2 months for many from the interview stage to when the card is posted to you.
  15. If you hold a valid Student RP you can within 60 days of expiry make a 'transfer' application [not renewal or 1st application] for a Short Term RP if thats what you want.
  16. Ted,it was stated that it's being trialled on us as the take up would be a lot less than if introduced to TC's as well,so they could iron out any problems in the system , but supposedly it will be for all sales/purchases maybe later this year.
  17. NEW PROPERTY VALUATION LAWS ….. As of 01/01.2020 Those who want to buy/ sell a property where a foreigner is involved will now have private companies calculate the real market value of their property and 4% of the real value will be paid in tax on the resulting valuation/sale. The new application will start from 1st January 2020. In addition, the valuation of the property by the appraisal specialist will cost approximately 450 to 500 lira, which will be paid by the seller. Agents, or sellers, will first apply to a valuation company to learn the true value of their home. For this they will pay a certain amount, (approx 450-500 lira) to the valuation company. They will then present the document they receive from the valuation company to the land registry [property title deed office]. At present the deed administration will receive a total of 3% of the title deed, 2% from the buyer and 2% from the seller. No more under valuing a property for tax purposes. How much is my house worth? When getting a home value estimate, you should consider two main types of valuation: Fair market value: Fair market value encompasses what your home looks like to prospective buyers looking at other homes in the area. Consider the sale price of a home that’s similar to yours (same number of bedrooms and bathrooms, square footage or outdoor space, say). Be careful some real estate agents are offering lower prices so that they can earn extra. Appraised value: While the appraised value of your home factors in comps, it differs from fair market value. To calculate appraised value, a licensed appraiser considers the location, size and condition of your home, and any renovations you’ve completed. The appraised value is what mortgage lenders look at when a borrower buys a home or refinances their mortgage. …………………… Valuation reports hold the following information; – All title deeds details – Location of property on a map with coordinates – Photos of the property – Prices of equivalent properties – Confirmation of the price – Current debt condition of the property – Confirmed acceptance with the land registry and cadastre general directorate.
  18. You missed ticking a box on a screen at the beginning of the online application stating you're under18/over 65 therefore you will not be asked for the mandatory health cover for your RP application.
  19. I'm assuming also she didn't include a ”Letter of Living Permission” tahhutname) Residing in a property without a tapu (property title deed) or rental agreement signed by both parties & Notarized with her applications as her name wouldn't be on her friends rental agreement. Well there's nothing she can do now if the 2nd application is/has been refused as she is now way past the date she needs to exit Turkey as she's an overstayer . If as I suspect both applications have been rejected then she is now here illegally & must leave and pay the overstay fine due asap, to save her being given a ban on top of the fine.
  20. Hana,it's a national database,so a refusal in Izmir only days before another application in Istanbul will be flagged up. Also i'm assuming she has properties in her name in both cities.
  21. I can't answer that as there's no way of telling. She should speak with 157 again & ask what the application number is that has been rejected,then she'll know if it's her 1st or 2nd. Regardless i'd be surprised if the 2nd one isn't cancelled as Pendik will see immediately on the system that she made an application that was rejected only days before.
  22. Hana,if she's already been rejected she can't make another application for an RP of the same status [i assume hers was a touristic application] anywhere in Turkey for a minimum of 6 months. Also has her tourist visa time of 30 or 90 days expired?. If so again she can't apply with expired visa time. as she's here illegally. Thirdly choosing Istanbul is the worst city she could apply in,they refuse as many as they accept especially those holding non EU or non mainstream passports.
  23. Hi jpr ,you can apply for Turkish citizenship while in the UK,it's much easier and a lot quicker than applying in Turkey [usually 12-18 months] . Contact the Turkish Embassy in London for details.
  24. Hi Ken,i just watched the video on that site regarding importing a vehicle & found many anomalies ,there are things mentioned there that no longer apply, then i looked at the date of the site.... Revision Date : 30.10.2018 This link from my Surgery files holds the latest information on this topic. The top section is regarding importing for a max. of 2 years & the lower section is for semi permeant imports & putting onto 'M' plates. To bring a vehicle for up to 2 years costs nothing other than the Green Card insurance [if your present insurance does not cover Turkey ,as many do not]. https://www.ticaret.gov.tr/gumruk-islemleri/sikca-sorulan-sorular/english/accompanied-vehicles
  25. Very true Gorme. Officially only one person can get the property owner status,the other will be touristic. But if the 2 parties are husband & wife,the other party can still get a 2 year RP touristic validity by showing a noterised wedding certificate.
  • Create New...