Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by taltinay

  1. Hi Vaqua,It depends on how long you intend to use your car in Turkey. If you are bringing your car on a temporary basis, you can register it to your passport. However, if you want to use it for longer term and have Turkish registration, you have to get in touch with the Touring Services. I must say that I don't think 'Salvage' title of your car is going to make any difference in terms of amount of deposit you need to pay. Touring Services will simply look at as a 2004 model BMW 530I. You can tell roughly how much you would need to pay by looking at their 2008 guide price list. Unfortunately, I can't give you a definite answer in terms of shipping rates. If you get in touch with local company that handles international moves, they should be able to give you an accurate rate. I hope this helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Best regards,Taner
  2. Hi,I attach a document from Touring Services about the amount of tax to be paid when importing a motor car. Please note that this is determined according to engine size and model and manufacturing year of car. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Regards,Taner teminat.pdf
  3. As people mention here, please do a good research before you import any machinery. It is bad enough with importing household goods and personal effects. I see people day after day experiencing difficulties with Turkish Customs due to lack of information given to them before the import. You can get professional advice from 'Gumruk Musaviri'
  4. Hello Nick,I think you have some brilliant answers for your question. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Kind regards,Taner
  5. Dear Ed,It is quite difficult to tell how much you would be expected to pay. It all depends on how much these items are going to be valued by customs examination officer. If the value of goods are below EURO 1500, you should be able to bring them in without paying any tax. However if you go over that amount, then you will have to pay tax on them as your goods will be subjected to temporary import permission. This is calculated by looking at the individual value of each item. However what you pay as tax for temporary import, you get it back when you leave the country. If you want further information on Temporary Import Permission, please let me know. Best regards,Taner
  6. Dear Rich,You can have a look at the attached document. I'll get you detailed information specific to your question. Regards,Taner unoffical_translation_tax_exemption_road_vehicles.doc
  • Create New...