• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi. I’m new to the site & wondering if anyone can help. my partner (Turkish & British national) of 6 years was married to a British national many years ago. The marriage took place in Turkey. They split up & he moved back to turkey. Anyway, she waited the 2 years & divorced him (through abandonment, I think) & has since remarried. We have obtained a copy of the divorce certificate. My partner & his ex have no contact. We want the divorce to be recognised in turkey, but have heard that we would need her to sign something? Is there any way round this? 1. We have no contact with her 2. She’d probably refuse anyway (spiteful personality) on the other hand, someone advised, that we should just lodge the divorce cert with the courts in turkey & don’t need to contact her for anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks