Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Seller's Statistics:

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

Ceren last won the day on December 29 2016

Ceren had the most liked content!

About Ceren

  • Rank
    Regular Member
  • Birthday November 7

Contact Methods

  • MSN
  • Website URL
  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Nationality

Recent Profile Visitors

163 profile views
  1. Surname after divorce

    Using your ex-husband's surname is related to 2 conditions: 1.) there must be a benefit for woman about using that name, 2.) the usage should be non-harmful to him. You dont need his permission but he can apply if that 2 statements change in the future. Check that explanation from the supreme court: "It is understood from the evidence collected that the parties have been married for 26 years and that the plaintiff has graduated from various universities during this period and that she uses her marriage last name in diplomas, master's thesis, participation certificates, certificates, banking transactions and pension transactions. The evidence proves that the plaintiff's use of the surname of the defendant would not harm the defendant, and that the plaintiff's surname had the benefit of the defendant's surname "
  2. Married and divorced in turkey

    Hey, Here in Turkiye, you have to wait 300 days between the divorce and the orher marriage; which is to be sure that youre not pregnant. if you are in that 300 days period; you can apply to family court (and they will send you to the hospital) then if youre not pregnant you can get marry again. First of all, you need to know the finalization date of your Turkish divorce decree. No idea about not registering them in UK. Feel free to ask more if i made it complicated. Good luck.
  3. Name Change

    Hey, No need to wait till 187 changes. - supreme court decided "women need no valid reason to use their own surname in marriage without husband's surname" in 2015. So you can change your name with just entering an action. Women are also allowed to change the childrens surname ( if they are living w mom) with their own surname after divorcing.
  4. Religious married

    Hi, it was forbidden untill 2015. i mean getting religiously married before the real marriage was forbidden. Now you can live with him without any ceramony called marriage or with just "religious marriage" Both means not to be married and no records about that type of marriages in governments official records. That means "religious marriage" gives no protection to you; he can still get marry with someone else; no hairdom; nothing to force to get marry officially. Religious marriage is something just about the morale. So i prefer you to wait till your documents arrival.
  5. Turkish divorce 300 days

    Dear Annie 10, You need to start a new action like divorce case which the judge sends you to a hospital for pregnancy tests. All takes 1 month or less. Hope this helps.
  6. "Judiciary of Turkey" official website, facebook and twitter published in 26th December 2016 http://www.judiciaryofturkey.gov.tr https://www.facebook.com/JudiciaryTurkey https://twitter.com/JudiciaryTurkey