Jump to content

TurkishDude

Member
  • Posts

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  1. Hi. I am a Turkish man in his fifties who has lived most of his adult life abroad in English speaking countries. General Turkish education system produces a certain type of person. When that is coupled with a traditional family background, the result is a certain type of person which makes up roughly 90 to 95 percent of the Turkish population. However, there is a small percentage of Turkish population which follow a path outside this system (educated abroad or having a family outside the typical). If your Turkish boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/partner/husband/wife is in this 10%, then things are going to be very different than being with a Turkish person who is in the 90%. So really, rate your Turkish person. Is the person in the 10% or in the 90% ? The differences are huge. If the person is in the 10%, he/she is very much like an American person in the mind. But if the person is in the 90%, then everything will be very much traditional Turkish. If you have found someone who is in the 10%, your chances of being happy with that person is as high as a western partner and maybe even more. But if the person is in the 90%, then you'll face the challanges of the traditional way of Turkish thinking. Living as a Turkish man for decades in the west, I have had my share of negativity about the Turkish and suffered from it. Things like women declining to date me as soon as they find out my Turkish roots. But their basis is that 90%. What about the 10% that is being burnt out because of the reputation of the 90% ? In the western countries, it is almost like a curse having Turkish roots. Most people and especially the opposite sex would dismiss you based on your background. That is the ugly reality. If you are on this forum, you obviously are a lover of Turkey and its people. If you have made such an unconventional choice, I firstly would congradulate you because I think you are not in the 90% in your home country either and you can think outside the box. If you have found a Turkish man or a woman who is in the 10%, you may have a jewel in your hands who will make you very happy for the rest of your life.
×
×
  • Create New...