By Alejandra Pousa, 01/06/21
As of June 1st at 05.00 am the following are the new rules enforced by the Ministry of Internal Affairs:
New curfew - weekdays from 22.00 - 05.00
weekends from Saturday 22.00 - Monday at 05.00, i.e.: complete curfew on Sundays
Exemptions to these restrictions are:
- Places and people who engage in production, manufacturing, supply, and logistic chains and those who ensure the continuity of health, agriculture, and forestry activities.
- Grocery stores, supermarkets, greengrocers, bakeries, butchers, dried fruits, and dessert shops: Open on weekdays and Saturdays. Sundays open from 10.00 - 17.00. Citizens are required to do their shopping at places within walking distance of their residences. Except for disabled people, no driving to the shops is allowed.
- Tourists are exempted from complying with curfews.
- Residence permit holders, refugees, or those who have applied for international protection status are subject to curfews.
- Vefa support groups will go on serving advanced age or handicapped people. (call: 112, 155 or 156)
- +65 and -18 are not allowed to use public transport. +65s who have opted for no vaccination will only be able to go out between 10.00 - 14.00 during weekdays and not allowed to go out during Sundays.
- Urban travel restrictions: applied only from 22.00 to 05.00 on weekdays and Sundays. These means of transport will go on operating with the 50% capacity rule (one seat empty-one occupied).
- Intercity: No separate intercity travel permit is required for the use of airplanes, trains, buses during curfew. If travelling from your residence to an airport, for example, during curfew, presenting tickets or reservation codes will be enough to be exempted, provided they are consistent with departure-arrival times.
- Use of private vehicle for intercity travel during curfew allowed only if: you have just been discharged from a hospital and are going to your residence; you have a doctor's appointment, you are a caregiver in these situations (max. 2 people per car), you are sitting any exam announced by Ösym; you are returning home after military service; you have just been released from a penal institution. Proper documents should be presented in any of the above cases, for example, the hospital's discharge papers.
- Places that will remain closed: taverns, internet cafes, electronic game venues, billiards, gyms, pools, sports facilities in general, hamam, saunas, massage parlors, amusement, and theme parks.
Places that will be partially open:
- Restaurants, patisseries, cafes: from Mondays to Saturdays 07.00 - 21.00 deliveries till 24.00. Indoors with a distance of 2mts between tables and 60 cm distance between chairs not more than two people. Outdoor facilities: same distancing but not more than three people.
- Cinemas: operating at 50% sitting capacity from 07.00 - 21.00 Mon/Sat
- Shopping Malls, hairdressers, home improvement, Mon/Sat till 21.00
- Markets and supermarkets are not allowed to sell alcohol, electronics, car accessories, garden or home improvement supplies on Sundays
- Farmers' Markets 07.00-21.00 Mon/Sat
- Public Offices:10.00 - 17.00
- Online shopping: Deliveries allowed Mon/Sat 07.00-24.00.
Source: Ministry of Internal Affairs
- 135 Views
- 0 Comments