Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 26/04/19 in all areas

  1. 1 point
    Excellent news about the military clearance. I am glad to hear it! Thanks, Redders, and Kariuch, for the explanations. It makes sense to me now. Until now I had only heard of the valuation report being used to make sure a property met the minimum value for a foreigner to become a Turkish citizen. So apparently now it is required for all foreign purchases. And thanks, Kariuch, for coming back and updating us... I learned something I didn't know before.
  2. 1 point
    I just entered the required info. to the vodafone link sent by vodafone. I hope it worked
  3. 1 point

    New Biometric Kimlik

    Collected with no problem. In & out within minutes. Definitely improving.
  4. 1 point
    Sorry for the off topic comment. I wanted to DM Ken Grubb but the system won't allow me to. Ken, could you message me at [email protected]? I had a question about carpets. Thanks in advance. Matt Dickerson
  5. 1 point
    That's good to know. Good luck and let us know if you get your parcels.
  6. 1 point
    I asked about the military clearance in TAPU ve KADASTRO in EYUPSULTAN in Istanbul on abril 2nd 2019 and I went back again on abril 18th and I re-asked and I had the same answer, the military clearance is not asked any more. That it what they told me. It is not only for foreigners who want to get the citizenship, cause I dont need the citizenship now and if I wanted to have it, I can have it through my husband, who is turkish. It is just because Im foreigner. We bought an apartment lately and to add my name to the deed they asked this report. It has to be in colour and has to be signed by the person who made it. I have done this procedure this past thrusday. It took us all day in the TAPU ve KADASTRO office but we manage to do it. We got the property deed and went to the municipality to suscribe it for the property taxation. The amount to be paid will come half to each of the owners. On my first post, I added the link of the new circular from the oficial TAPU and KADASTRO web page that mentions about this "porperty valuation report" that must be presented. Below you can also find in english the explaination made by one of the agencies that makes these reports. https://www.tapueksperi.com/en/property-valuation-report-became-mandatory-for-foreigners/ Unfortunately, the adding of a name is shown like a "selling" in Turkey, that is the rule. I dont pay, in my case, my husband 1/2 of the property, I just paid a percentage of the 50% which till end of this year is 3%, normaly is 4%, plus administrative expenses.
  7. 1 point
    You will have to ask at the PTT. In the past you could send things to any post office, anywhere, poste restante. The item would be held by the post office and you would have to go and pick it up. With this method they don't tell you when it arrives, you just have to guess and ask them. Poste restante is postrestant in Turkish. If you have enough Turkish you can go and ask them Postrestant var mi? and if they say yes ask, Postrestant adres beni yazabilir mi? (Can you write the poste restante address for me). However the most secure way is to give your home or work address.
  8. 1 point
    22 April is not a holiday in Turkey so the PTT and Banks will be open. Please note that 23 April is a holiday. At the PTT you can send items like letters and envelopes by normal mail or boxes and larger things by cargo. How much it costs depends on the weight and dimensions of the item and who fast you want it delivered.
  9. 1 point
    Ken, Have you heard of this changing? I went to my local town hall in Bakirkoy and they stated they have no agreement with the US and I would have to complete the course with both written and practical exam. Looking for alternatives here. Thank you Justin
  10. 1 point
    As a UK passport holder the cost for a 2year RP is $80 USD for the 1st year, $60USD for year two ,both converted to Turkish Lira on the day you pay the fees + 89Lira for the RP card. As for the special private health policy,this will depend on your age.,but will be anything from around 360tl 40years of age to 1000tl for 61-64 years.
  11. 1 point
    Like Redders said, if you are a foreigner in Turkey and you want to use a phone, wherever it's from, you need to register your yabanci kimlik number with the service provider.
  12. 1 point

    What has inspired you ?

    I wanted to revisit this post as for the 1st time since i fell in love here i feel hope again and this emotion inspires me...Hope for Turkey & hope for the future generations in Turkey that they can read anything, write anything & share anything without fear. When i originally thought about the books i may or may not have read while being in the UK i guess i didnt realise how reading/writing really means personal freedom...just the fact i could dream i would be a writer or an Artist or act in films about anything or anyone...the open possibility of my future i took for granted as a given. Now i have a small son i wonder while being here in Turkey can he feel the freedom i felt /have the same opportunites or express himself the way i could in writen /spoken or artistic format. As parents we can do our best to share/teach/inform/warn but if the system is at odds with your thinking this is a very confusing existence. I love Turkey & i wish its creative minds a long open road to success :-)
  13. 1 point
    You also have to register if you have a pay as you go SIM card. I successfully added my TC Kimlik number using the Digital Operator link provided by Turkcell.
  14. 1 point
    I hope you don't object Ken, to save lots of typing,i've just copied & pasted relevant info direct from my files website...Please delete if inappropriate.. MILITARY SEARCH REQUIREMENTS COMING TO AN END IN MANY PROVINCES This at present only applies to property purchases in: All of Mugla Province as of August 2018 Aydın Aksaray Adıyaman Çankırı Çorum Isparta Kahramanmaraş Karabük Kastamonu Kırşehir Nevşehir Niğde Samsun Sinop Usak Yozgat (excluding land in Dilek Peninsula). This means property purchases & sales can be concluded within 24 hours in these areas. This does NOT include properties in any military zones. HOW TO ADD/REMOVE ANOTHER NAME ON A TAPU To add/remove a person or spouse to a Tapu (title deed) you will need to "buy/sell a share" of the property to/from the person. Please visit your local land registry office (Tapu Sicil Müdürlükleri) and inform them you want to sell a percentage of your property and add a new name to the tapu. You will need to pay a sales transfer fee of 4% – plus some additional administrative taxes. Example; If you sell 50% of your property, you will have to pay 4% of this amount in taxes. Please note; You can not sell a percentage of your property for any amount. There is a minimum amount you have to sell your share for, and your local land registry office will instruct you about the this.
This leaderboard is set to Istanbul/GMT+03:00
  • Create New...