Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/01/19 in all areas

  1. 2 points
    Ken Grubb

    Sposorship letter

    I have never heard of anyone sponsoring someone who is traveling outside of Turkey. I have only heard of sponsors for people coming to Turkey, or allowing someone to stay with them and use their place as a residence. This would be the same type of sponsor letter, called a taahhutname (an undertaking). For the typical type of sponsor letter, you can get them from the noter. They have various formats already prepared for many types of legal documents, and can modify them according to your needs. The noter notarizes it. There isn't anybody else who could do it. Yes, you can sponsor anybody. It is not just restricted to relatives. So as understand it, you would just go to a noter and explain what you are trying to do, and they will create the document you need. If you don't speak Turkish, a sworn translator will need to read it to you to make sure you understand what you are signing. If everything is the way you want it, you can then sign it and the noter will stamp and sign it.
  2. 1 point

    Sposorship letter

    Seems to me, if somebody needs a sponsorship letter for travelling outside of Turkey, then perhaps it is a requirement of the destination country, to ensure the person won't be a financial burden on that country or its citizens.... ? In any case, the noter document should be satisfactory for the purpose.
  3. 1 point
    Avcilar is about one and half hours from Zincirlikuyu (which is near lots of vibrant areas) and is a very Turkish district. Unless your mother is fluent in Turkish or already has a good social network in Istanbul she might feel isolated. Your budget for a 3 bedroom apartment is quite low unless you pick remote suburbs. The price difference could be down to the number of metres squared, the quality of the materials used, if the apartment is in a site which includes a gatehouse, parking, gym and pool and lots of other variables. If you do buy a new property make sure the iskan (habitation certificate) has already been issued, use you own lawyer (not one recommended by the real estate agent selling the house) and make sure to check the tapu (title deed) information against the seller's kimlik (ID card).
This leaderboard is set to Istanbul/GMT+03:00
  • Create New...