If you're not fluent in Turkish, The Google Chrome browser with its "Google Translate" extension will be of great help to you. Any time you're viewing a web page which is in the Turkish language, you'll be able to translate it into English, instantly.
If you don't already have the Chrome browser, you'll need to download and install it first.
Downloading and Installing the Chrome Browser
- Go to https://www.google.com/chrome/.
- Click "Download Chrome." When prompted, save the file. This will download a setup file, with the suffix .exe, in your downloads folder.
- Go to your downloads folder and double click on ChromeSetup.exe. You'll receive a prompt asking if you want the application to make changes to your device. Click yes to start the setup. The setup application will download the Chrome browser for you. If any other prompts appear, click "Yes."
- The Chrome browser will install and should automatically open itself. If it doesn't, you can find it in your computer's list of programs.
Finding the Google Translate Extension in the Chrome Web Store
While using the Chrome browser, go to the Google Chrome Web Store, at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions. Here you'll find a variety of useful extensions to use with your Chrome browser. Search for the Google Translate extension using the search function. You'll also see several other translation extensions, but the only one you want is Google Translate.
Installing and Activating the Google Translate Extension
Once you've found the Google Translate extension, Click the "Add to Chrome" button to the right of it.
A prompt will ask you if you want to add it to chrome. Click "Add extension." The next prompt will tell you that Google Translate has been added to your Chrome browser. You'll see the Google Translate button appear at the top right of your browser. It looks like this:
Using Chrome with the Google Translate Extension
- Go to any web page which is in Turkish.
- Click the Google Translate extension button, then "translate this page." You may have to click it twice.
- The extension will translate the page into English.
The Google Translate Page and Smart Phone App
Google also has a web page for translating anything from words and phrases to multiple paragraphs at https://translate.google.com/. It also has a smartphone application you can download from your smartphone's application store.