The following documents are required:
- Residence Permit Application Form
- Your passport, and a copy of your passport's identity information page, photo page, and the page showing your latest entry into Turkey *
- Four (4) photos which meet Turkey's official photo requirements
- Declaration of financial capacity stating that you have sufficient, or regular income for the duration period of the residence permit you are applying for**
Proof of health insurance coverage, which is valid in Turkey and meets Turkey's minimum coverage requirements, which may be any of the following:
- A document showing that you are covered for health care under a bilateral agreement between Turkey and your home country
- Private health insurance from your home country which meets Turkey's minimum requirements.
- Private Turkish health insurance
- Proof that you have a place to live
* For passports which are not issued in Latin letters, you must have it translated by a Turkish sworn translator, and include the translation with your passport
** You make the declaration during the online application process. However, be prepared to show documentation proving this if you are asked during your interview.
Turkey's Foreigner Communications Center
The DGMM has a number you can call to speak to an immigration specialist. Call 157 from any telephone within Turkey. The call will be free. From outside of Turkey, call +90 312 157 1122. Long-distance charges will apply.
Need to buy the required health insurance coverage for your residence permit? You can buy it online, or just get a free quote, by using our Expat Health Insurance Inquiry Form.
Short-term Residence Permits Forum: Have questions or comments? Please post them in our forum.