Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Proving You Have Not Received Social Assistance in Turkey

Ken Grubb
  • Learn how to provide documentation proving that you have not received social assistance, for your long-term residence permit application.

A man talks to a government official to get a letter stating that he has not received any social assistance from the Turkish government.One of the documents you will need, when applying for a long-term residence permit, is a letter showing that you have not received government social assistance (welfare) in the last three years of your residence in Turkey. Here's how to get that letter.

Go to the Sosyal Yardımı Ofisi (social assistance office). This is in the Kaymakamlik (district governorship) building.

Give them your residence permit, which has your kimlik numarası (identity number) on it. They will use this number to look up your record.

Ask for a letter, on official letterhead, stating that you have not received social assistance for the last three years. This must be on official letterhead, and not on a regular piece of paper.

Need to buy the required health insurance coverage for your residence permit? You can buy it online, or just get a free quote, by using our Expat Health Insurance Inquiry Form.

See Also

Long-term Residence Permits Forum: Have questions or want to make a comment? You can do so here.

Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

  • Create New...