Documents Required from the Applicant
- Residence Permit Application Form
- Passport, and a notarized copy of the identity information page, photo page, and page showing the stamp for the last entry into Turkey. *
- Four photos meeting the official photo requirements
* For passports which are not issued in Latin letters, you must have it translated by a Turkish sworn translator, and include the translation with your passport..
Documents Required from the Sponsor
- Turkish identity card and a copy
- If another parent is involved and they share custody, a letter giving consent for the child to obtain a family residence permit.
- Proof of sufficient financial support
- Proof of health insurance which is valid in Turkey and which meets minimum coverage requirements, or a document showing that the family member is covered under a bilateral agreement.
- Criminal record, from Turkey and/or other countries where the sponsor has lived for the past five years, showing no convictions for any crimes against family members
- Address registration document from the Nüfus (population directorate), showing the sponsor’s current address.
* If the criminal record check is obtained from a foreign country, it must be apostilled, then translated by an official translator and notarized by a Turkish noter (notary).
If you need health insurance, contact our English-speaking agent of Ankara Sigorta, which provides health insurance packages for residence permits (in English and Turkish), using our Health Insurance Inquiry Form.
Turkey's Foreigner Communications Center
The DGMM has a number you can call to speak to an immigration specialist. Call 157 from any telephone within Turkey. The call will be free. From outside of Turkey, call +90 312 157 1122. Long-distance charges will apply.
Family Residence Permits in Turkey
Family Residence Permits Forum: If you have questions or comments about the family residence permit application, please post them in our forum.
The Four Basic Steps of Applying for or Extending Your Residence Permit
Minimum Wage in Turkey: From Fedee.com, the minimum wages of various countries, including Turkey, updated annually on 1 January.
Directorate General of Migration Management, Required Documents: Several downloadable PDF documents available here, which cover the documents required for first-time applications and extensions.
Turkey Residence Permit Law (PDF): The Law on Foreigners and International Protection, Dated April, 2014. In English, this is the Turkish law which governs residence permits.