Jump to content

How to Get a Numarataj Belgesi in Turkey

Ken Grubb

If you're a property owner applying for a residence permit in Istanbul, and sometimes in other provinces of Turkey, an immigration specialist may ask you to get a document called a Numarataj Belgesi (Address Numbering Document).

Usually, this request will be sent by SMS or e-mail a few days after you've applied online for your residence permit. The message will also ask you to bring the Numarataj Belgesi to your residence permit application appointment.

What is a Numarataj Belgesi?

The Numarataj Belgesi is a document which records the exact location, address, and function of a building, or an apartment in that building. It's also proof that the building or apartment where you live is recorded in Turkey's Central Address Registration System.

Why Do They Ask for the Numarataj Belgesi?

Turkey, especially Istanbul, attracts a huge number of foreigners who want to move here. Some of them apply for their residence permit with false documents or lie on their applications. In some cases, they pass themselves off as property owners of non-existent or unregistered properties. By asking the foreigner to include their Numarataj Belgesi with their application document, the immigration office can be sure the property on the title deed exists and is legally registered.

How Can I Get a Numarataj Belgesi?

Only the owner of the property listed on the title deed can get the Numarataj Belgesi. If you're the owner of the property, you can get it yourself.

Where Can I Get a Numarataj Belgesi?

You can get a Numarataj Belgesi for your residence from your district's belediye (municipality) or the local Tapu ve Kadastro Genel Müdürlüğü (General Directorate of Land Registry and Property Records). To find these offices, Google the name of your district, and the word "belediyesi." For example, if you live in the district of Muratpaşa in Antalya, Google "muratpaşa belediyesi." Or do the same using the second keyword, "kadastro." You can also find these offices, in the same way, using Google Maps.

When you go to the municipality, find the office called "Bünyesinde İmar ve Şehircilik Müdürlüğü" (Directorate of Reconstruction and Urbanization) or something similar. Or ask for the "Numarataj Ofisi."

The Fee

The fee is nominal. It's usually less than ₺20.

Assistance and Support

Turkey Central Forums: Do you have a question? Search our forums to see if it's already been answered. If it hasn't, feel free to open a new topic.

Ken Grubb, author.

As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

  • Create New...