Originally known as the Church of the Holy Saviour in Chora, today it is known as the Chora Church or the Kariye Muzesi. It is one of the most beautiful examples of a Byzantine Church from ancient Constantinople, or Istanbul. It is well off the beaten track, in the Edirne Kapı neighborhood of Istanbul, just inside of the ancient walls of Constantinople. During the Ottoman era it was converted to a mosque, but in 1948 it was converted to a museum. It is well worth a visit, to see its incredible mosaics and frescoes.