Moving To Adana

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shaman

Shaman

• Adana
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

Hello everyone!For many years, it has been my dream to travel abroad and teach English. Tomorrow I am arriving in Adana, Turkey to take a new teaching position and I am a bit intimidated!If anyone else is in Adana and interested in meeting up (esepcially fellow musicians looking for someone to play/trade music, etc with), chatting about travel experiences, life in Turkey, etc. please contact me! Best,Sean

#2 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hi Sean and welcome to our welcome. If you have never been to Turkey I'm sure you'll love it.If you browse through the Adana forum you will see that we have other teachers who are new to Turkey as well, you could always send them a message if you get no response.If you have any questions after you arrive please feel free to ask and I hope you let us know how you get on.I hope you have a safe journey tomorrow. :hysterical[1]: :drunk[1]:

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#3 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11867 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

:hysterical[1]: to our forum Sean. As Abi says I'm sure you'll love Turkey and soon meet up with some other English speakers.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#4 Ken

Ken

Kapıcı

• Antalya
  • 5442 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hi Shaman! No matter where you are in Turkey, or the world for that matter, you'll find friends in the Turkey Central community.We have a couple of new teachers either in Adana or going to Adana, you're in good company. I'm going to move your "meet and greet" post to the Adana forum so you're more likely to meet people around Adana.If you're an English speaker, Incirlik Air Base isn't far from Adana, it's about a 10 minute drive east, might run into some US military personnel there, not to mention numerous Turks around the base who speak excellent English.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***

#5 Shaman

Shaman

• Adana
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the kınd replıes, everyone! I am now ın Adana, workıng wıth a language school, and settled ınto an apartment (I lıve near the Mılıtary Hospıtal/Asker Hantane.) As I mentıoned before, I am stıll very much searchıng for other Englısh speakers who want to stumble through Turkısh together. Please contact me or prıvate message me ıf you are ın the Adana area. Havıng others to converse wıth would make thıs transıtıon much easıer!Best =)Sean

#6 americanme

americanme

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi Sean, I actually live very close to where you are ( military hospital). I am a turkish american who arrived in Adana 10 years ago and never left. I am a professor at the university and I live with my 2 boys, 8 and 10. Anyway, maybe we can have some american conversation as I've missed this too. I can also introduce you to all my expatriot friends. This goes to all American's who wish to get together. My email address is emelersan68@hotmail.com. Have a great day! Amy

#7 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hi Amy, welcome to our forum :)

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#8 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11867 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum from me too. :)
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.