The Village Tuzla Lake Bodrum

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi All I am now a proud owner of a new villa in a new development called "The Village". I must admit that I had some serious concerns to begin with as I was not getting enough information being sent but now the villa has been completed it looks stunning with mountains as a backdrop.This development is on the road D330 and 10 minutes drive from Bodrum airport. The development is coming in three phases with phase one almost completed and all the properties have been purchased in phase 1.There are 3 villas and 23 one bedroom and two bedroom apartments with communal swimming pools as well as the the villas having a small private pools.Second phase will have 75 units including 7 villas and after the second phase there will be a third phase coming in.Close by two big supermarkets are being developed which would be very handy for all the shopping needs.I think for anybody interested in investing in a Turkish property it will prove to be a solid investment which is just opposite Vita Park Golf Club.

Edited by Kamal, 22 September 2010 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

Good to hear from you again Kamal and very pleased everything has turned out well for you.So many congratulations and hope that you and your family spend many happy holidays in your new villa. :) :)

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#3 nitrox

nitrox

Nitrox

• Akbuk
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

Its sounds as though you have found your dream. I have a very nice Villa in a very quiet part of Turkey it certainly would not suit me to be part of such a large complex. Each to their own. My experience of large sitesi is that they start off well but then, people wait for years for it to be completed. Not to mention the internal politics and complaints about poor services when they are complete. I dont wish to to put a dampener on your dream.I hope it all works out well for you and that your experiences will be all good its just not for me.

Edited by nitrox, 22 September 2010 - 02:32 PM.

#4 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

Thanks Abi and Nitrox but there was a lot of anguish whilst wating for its completion as there was lack of information coming forth. At present only two families have moved in and soon all the other units will be occupied. My Children came out see the villa whilst we were still out there and it felt like heaven as the say away from the maddening crowd.I am making effort to learn Turkish as I have found that english is hardly spoken although eyes, smiles and hand gestures can speak volumes.

#5 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11852 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Glad to hear that you have your dream villa at last. I hope you will spend many happy times there. :)

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#6 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Sunny I am looking forward to get back to Turkey again. Its difficult to keep your feet in two boats. Soon I hope that I will make lots of new friends in Turkey.

#7 chinni

chinni

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

hi Kamal,glad to hear that everything is sorted for you.I have bought a property in the village and the completion date was supposed to be finished on 28th august and till now i am not sure what's happening. None of the mails sent to the builder have been answered. i see from the forum that you have faced similar problems.could you advice me on how to proceed next please?thank youchinni

#8 stevebrent

stevebrent

• Bodrum
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Hi kamalI am glad you are enjoying your place, I am renovating an old farm house just around the corner from you in a small village called Ucpinar (three wells) next to the village of Dorttepe (four hills) I have been in this area for 5 years and it is growing all the time, much more building than sales over the last 2 years, I think that you are correct in thinking this is a great investment area but due to the resession it has put everything back 2 or 3 years, and due to the construction companies building much faster than theyare selling it will take several years for the demand to catch up with the over supply so if we are patient we should be ok. One worry I have is the lack of flamingo's on tuzla lake,. up till around 2 years ago I could count 50 or 60 birds on the lake at any time but over the last 2 years i have seen none I put a vid on youtube showing the flamingo's. I have read that a lot of untreated sewage is being pumped into the lake and this cannot be good!!!!!keep smilingSteve B

#9 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hi Steve and welcome to our forum. You must start a new thread and tells us more about the renovation you are doing as it sounds really interesting maybe some photos too. :)

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#10 stevebrent

stevebrent

• Bodrum
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hi Steve and welcome to our forum. You must start a new thread and tells us more about the renovation you are doing as it sounds really interesting maybe some photos too. :see_stars[1]:

Hi Abi Many thanks for the welcome, I will take your advice and start a new thread I am a novice at this so it may take some time to get goingKeep smilingSteve

#11 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Steve don't worry about being a novice we were all in the same situation. I love to hear how people get on renovating we have a couple of members that have or are renovating so you are in good company. I look forward to reading more about yours at some point :see_stars[1]: :confused1[1]: :girlpower[1]:

#12 joe145

joe145

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

Hi All I am now a proud owner of a new villa in a new development called "The Village". I must admit that I had some serious concerns to begin with as I was not getting enough information being sent but now the villa has been completed it looks stunning with mountains as a backdrop.This development is on the road D330 and 10 minutes drive from Bodrum airport. The development is coming in three phases with phase one almost completed and all the properties have been purchased in phase 1.There are 3 villas and 23 one bedroom and two bedroom apartments with communal swimming pools as well as the the villas having a small private pools.Second phase will have 75 units including 7 villas and after the second phase there will be a third phase coming in.Close by two big supermarkets are being developed which would be very handy for all the shopping needs.I think for anybody interested in investing in a Turkish property it will prove to be a solid investment which is just opposite Vita Park Golf Club.

Hi Kamal good to know that your villa has been completed, I'm buying an apartment in phase two and I've got a few concerns. Can I ask if you have any photographs of the site and if so can I have a look please, just to ease my mind. Many thanks joe

#13 RonandJoan

RonandJoan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hi Kamal good to know that your villa has been completed, I'm buying an apartment in phase two and I've got a few concerns. Can I ask if you have any photographs of the site and if so can I have a look please, just to ease my mind. Many thanks joe

Hi Joe,I think you are right to be concerned. We too were in the process of buying at 'The Village' on Phase 2. We signed up last May 2010 and were told that the property (one bed apartment) would be ready in March 2012.On our recent visit to our other property in Akbuk (now fully completed), we popped over to see the Village andwere very dismayed at the current situation. Although Phase 1 is built, ie, villas and apartments, the pools, pool bar, all other facilities are not finished and from what we saw, I don't even think that all the properties were sold, many of them still seemed completely empty inside and the outside rubble here and there made it look like a desertedlot. The builders may not have the money to finish Phase 1 properly. This is only our opinion. Kamal may know more if he lives there. Back to Phase 2. The builders had not even started any building as of May this year and they are not allowed to build during the summer months i.e during the tourist season other than inside painting and decorating. When we contacted our lawyersthey told us that the builders have not yet recieved the building licence to proceed with construction for Phase 2. Although they may possibly do so at a later stage (depending on how many properties they can sell). As we did not want to wait a further year or two and, having our money albeit paid in stages to be tied up for so long, we asked our lawyer if we could pull out, even at this stage. Fortunately, our lawyer had been putting our money into an escrow account and had not paid it over to the developers until they received notification of the building licence. So our money was safe at least. Also, we did not realise that the contract we signed could be cancelled but we would lose our initial £2000 deposit. We were happy to pull out and have now got our money back.In Turkey contracts are only valid if they are notorised by a public notory, which ours were not. Very few are so it is much easier to cancel without penalty. So long as your lawyer is a good one there should be no problem. On the other hand, you may well be prepared to wait for the developers to obtain the building licence - there is nothing to suggest that they are in anyway dishonorable other than they are having problems marketing and selling Phase 2, and it could take much longer for it to come about. That is probably why you cannot contact anyone easily, the developers website has disappeared and advertising only on third party agents and of course no pictures.(We have been advised by several people 'in the know', that building licences do not take long to be granted, therefore warning bellsstarted ringing - hence we pulled out). J

#14 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Excellent post and a lot of good information for anyone wondering how the development is going. I have to say that your lawyer did you proud by keeping all your payments into an escrow account, was he a Turkish lawyer in Turkey rather than a Turkish lawyer in the UK?

#15 RonandJoan

RonandJoan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Excellent post and a lot of good information for anyone wondering how the development is going. I have to say that your lawyer did you proud by keeping all your payments into an escrow account, was he a Turkish lawyer in Turkey rather than a Turkish lawyer in the UK?

Hi Abi,He is a Spanish/Turkish lawyer (I think!) based in Bodrum. And very good he is too. (Legal Independence)J

#16 joe145

joe145

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi Joe,I think you are right to be concerned. We too were in the process of buying at 'The Village' on Phase 2. We signed up last May 2010 and were told that the property (one bed apartment) would be ready in March 2012.On our recent visit to our other property in Akbuk (now fully completed), we popped over to see the Village andwere very dismayed at the current situation. Although Phase 1 is built, ie, villas and apartments, the pools, pool bar, all other facilities are not finished and from what we saw, I don't even think that all the properties were sold, many of them still seemed completely empty inside and the outside rubble here and there made it look like a desertedlot. The builders may not have the money to finish Phase 1 properly. This is only our opinion. Kamal may know more if he lives there. Back to Phase 2. The builders had not even started any building as of May this year and they are not allowed to build during the summer months i.e during the tourist season other than inside painting and decorating. When we contacted our lawyersthey told us that the builders have not yet recieved the building licence to proceed with construction for Phase 2. Although they may possibly do so at a later stage (depending on how many properties they can sell). As we did not want to wait a further year or two and, having our money albeit paid in stages to be tied up for so long, we asked our lawyer if we could pull out, even at this stage. Fortunately, our lawyer had been putting our money into an escrow account and had not paid it over to the developers until they received notification of the building licence. So our money was safe at least. Also, we did not realise that the contract we signed could be cancelled but we would lose our initial

#17 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Nobody wants to talk to us about this project.Take care.Joe

Joe after reading your post I suggest you get in touch with your lawyer as soon as posible and try and get your money. Even if like Ronand Joan you lose your deposit it would be less than losing an awful lot more.Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes as it will be valuable information for others in the same situation.

#18 joe145

joe145

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Joe after reading your post I suggest you get in touch with your lawyer as soon as posible and try and get your money. Even if like Ronand Joan you lose your deposit it would be less than losing an awful lot more.Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes as it will be valuable information for others in the same situation.

Hi Abi,I've sent an email to the lawyer today and maybe I will get a reply this time, three emails with on reply, but yes i will let you know how things go.Joe

#19 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

I didn't realise your lawyer was not answering either. At the moment the courts are getting ready to close for a month so it may be possible that your lawyer is already on holiday, well I hope so anyway. Maybe you could phone him?I will keep everything crossed for you :)

#20 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hi Joe I have been to " The Village" in Bodrum for five weeks and came back last week. My Villa is kind of finished with minor issues that need to be resolved. However all this will be done in due course. Phase 2 work is due to start in September/11 as they have just levelled off the site and will be laying down foundations in September. Phase 1 work is almost complete with all the swimming pools functioning and I have not had any problems whilst staying there. I do believe that the phase 2 is expected to be completed in 2013.All I can say is that the progress of work is bit slow but they are genuine people and have been looking after us. If there is any help that I can give please feel free to send me an e=mail kamalbhardwaj@hotmail.co.uk.RegardsKamal