Photo
- - - - -

List Of Police Cars Used In Turkey (1950-1990)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Godbrother

Godbrother

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

A little different, but I was wondering if anyone could name me as many of the cars they could think of that was used by police anywhere between 1950 and 1990? After 1990, if I'm not mistaken, they pretty much stuck it out with Tofas Dogan's. I do know of a few they used back in the 80's, I think they were these little Renault cars. But does anyone know where you would be able to find a detailed list, or even list some of the top of your heads? :huh:

#2 Fil

Fil

Supreme Member

• Antalya
  • 1759 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

I seem to remember they drove around in renault 12s when I first arrived. And in the old Turkish films the cops always turn up in some kind of US limo, but I wonder if they are authentic.
Mr Fil

#3 Godbrother

Godbrother

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

I seem to remember they drove around in renault 12s when I first arrived. And in the old Turkish films the cops always turn up in some kind of US limo, but I wonder if they are authentic.

Thats the one... The good old renault 12 :) The only reason I ask is, I was watching a random movie from the 70's and some of the police cars where big old chevys, and I was wondering if it was just copying hollywood, or if they were offical vehicles used by police back then.

#4 Fil

Fil

Supreme Member

• Antalya
  • 1759 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

What was the film, and who was in it? Just watched one with kadir inanır and t
Mr Fil

#5 Guest_Macavey_*

Guest_Macavey_*

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

I arrived here in 1987 and can only remember the Renault 12. One night we saw 9 policemen crammed into one.Now it is downright ridiculous. Our local police station here in Istanbul has SUVs and at least one Mini Cooper.

#6 clinky

clinky

Holte Ender in Moda

• Istanbul
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

Yep the Beyoglu police have shiny Mini Coopers to harass you whilst strolling down Istiklal. ...and Segways.
The man in the chair was heavyset with longish, fair hair and a beard you might have picked for an important chat with Moses..." - Bernie Gunther

#7 Guest_Macavey_*

Guest_Macavey_*

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Yep the Beyoglu police have shiny Mini Coopers to harass you whilst strolling down Istiklal. ...and Segways.

I love the Segways. I always imagine the police chief, or regional chief, who decided they would give the police a great image and ordered a whole bunch of them...

#8 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11867 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

No? Not Segways? :hysterical[1]:
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.