Photo
- - - - -

Bank Machine Scam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Glad to hear that you got most of your money back Fil.Benh I was wondering the same thing.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#22 Fil

Fil

Supreme Member

• Antalya
  • 1760 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I just realised it was 95% I got back, sorry for misinforming you, so gobsmacked I lost my maths ability.And yes, how do they do it. I am pretty sure they hadn't put anything false on the front of the machine, whatever they did was probably pretty simple and easy, the bank should be able to design more secure machines. And this week the ATMs in this neighbourhood were all replaced with new machines. Interesting coincidence. A friend of mine said he saw a report on TV news on Monday that police had rounded up an ATM gang in Antalya, maybe the ones that did me.
Mr Fil

#23 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

I noticed that there was a new ATM machine in my band in the last couple of weeks. It makes a very loud noise when it's spitting out your card.I'm pleased to hear that the police have caught some of these thieves.We'll forgive you Fil for your dodgy maths. :)

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#24 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

Whilst I am really pleased you got 95% of your money back Fil I do think the bank have a nerve retaining the rest of the money. Is that legal?

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#25 saffie

saffie

• Marmaris
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

I have been reading about this ATM scam on another forum and someone posted an excellent piece of advice which I thought should be passed on to as many as possible in order to help prevent these tricksters from scamming our bank accounts."A T M, a cautionary taleWhenever i use Any Cash Machines,I put my card in Then press cancel/Red button BEFORE entering my Pin Number.If the card comes out OK ,then at least you know there isn't a "Card Grabber" in place.If it doesnt come out,at least you haven't put your Pin Number in so they cant take cash out .Do this in All ATMS in the Uk too. Just a Tip."

#26 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

That sounds like a good piece of advice Saffie. I never thought of doing that. Thank you for posting it. :drive2[1]: