• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

durulaw, Sorry you are having a problem finding your way around but realise it can be a bit confusing.Anyway if you go to the top of this page you will see different headings in red, there is one called "Turkey Forum" if you click on that you will see a list click on the first one that says, "Forum Home" you will then be on the main forum page and the first section says >Meet and Greet, you will then be able to post your introduction :) :hysterical[1]:

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#42 durulaw

durulaw

• PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Thank you very much for your help Abi :)

#43 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hi Del Just to advise since our last post that the solicitor has advised that the balance need not be paid until the completion of the property i.e when we take possession of the property. I am holding back until I am advised by the solicitor to transfer the balance.My advice to you is to do the same because it can be very problematic after all the cash has been paid.Welcome to the new member Durulaw who has been already briefed by yourself. I am keeping a close watch on the flights to Turkey at present and they appear to be expensive. May be flights to other places than Bodrum could be a better bet.RegardsKamal

#44 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi Kamal,Glad to hear that your solicitor is helping you out now, must ease your mind a bit!How did you get on with the flight search? Was it any better with other airports?I think the new runway at Bodrum is nearly finished, so hopefully next year more flight providers will come on board and make it even cheaper for me and you!Did you get any pictures sent over?RegardsDel

#45 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hi Del Believe me I am an optimist as a person but these people are doing in my nut. I gave not had any response from the developers in any shape or form. Out of frustration I sent an e-mail to my solicitor and followed it up with telephone call. She spoke to the developer and was advised that things are progressing and the developer was critical of Peter's information. I am hoping that the completion is still for 7/08/10 but I can not be sure until I hear from solicitor. Word of advice to you if you want to accept it, having paid about half the money don't pay any more until the title deeds (TAPU) is in your name.There are so many cases of people losing out serious amount of money and this is why I am telling the developers that the completion to me means when I am in the property and get the title deeds in my name.I have been looking for flights and there is nothing cheap in August but I would not mind paying about

#46 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the new visa Kamal, I didn't know they had changed.As I understand it, you can be in turkey for a total of 90 days in 180 days, so you could have a fortnight in Turkey every month for six months, if you wanted (could afford the flights more like) and only pay

#47 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

Hi Del I am sure that they are getting on with the building but communicating back with the clients is also important. When people don't talk mind starts wondering as to what is happening and starts painting a bleak picture.I am hoping that it will all go as planned and that we will be very happy, but there are a lot of bad stories out there such as builders taking out bank loans on the property.You can give power of attorney to your solicitor but my advice to you is that you should be there at the time of completion to check the property and make sure that you get the title deeds (TAPU) transferred to ylour name even if it is costing a pretty penny.You are at least working, I am a an early retired person living on occupational pension from BT but assigning the property to my name should not be left to somebody else.I am looking forward to here from them that phase 1 is all completed and some pictures on the website.Regarding the visa, one can split up 90 days over six month and can go out to Turkey when the flights are reasonable.RegardsKamal

Edited by Kamal, 24 July 2010 - 09:11 AM.

#48 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

I would agree with Kamal about POA, if you can, be there yourself. If you do give POA be sure that you are very specific in what they are allowed to do and a time frame, Don't forget you will also need to cancel the POA and get it notorised and keep a copy.Once you get your Tapu the property is legally yours but you must also get a Habitation Certificate to legally live in it.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#49 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hi Abi Apart from POA you have also pointed out about TAPU and Habitataion Certificate. I am aware of TAPU but would like to know how long it will take take to get it when I am there in Turkey. I am thinking that my solicitor will see to it before funds are transferred to the developers.I have not heard about Habitation Certificate until you mentioned it. Perhaps you can tell us more on this as well as TAPU. I am just trying to be very cautious in my approch to buying this villa.Kind regardsKamal

#50 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

A Habitation Certificate will only be issued if the property has been inspected by the council and that all taxes and insurances have been paid by the builder. If all has been paid and the council confirm that the property conforms you should get a HC as the Tapu will have the "Kat Mulkiyeti" box ticked.A HC means that the property is legal for habitation and you will therefore be able to get connected to the main services such as gas, electric, water and sewage and have all meters in your name. Until the Kat Mulkiyeti box has been ticked, it is my understanding that you will be paying for essential services at the "builders rate" which is a lot higher in some cases than you will pay when everything is in your name.I have to say I am rather worried about the lawyer you are using. If your lawyer was anyway half decent he would have taken you through the buying process and explained each step of the way as it is all important stuff to know and that is what you are paying him for. I suspect, though maybe wrong, that you are using a lawyer recommended by the company you are buying from, and from various things I have read they never have your interest at heart and should never be used.As I am not a lawyer if anyone spots a mistake that I have made in this post, please correct me. Also if I have missed someout can you please add. :)

#51 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hi Abi You are absolutely correct, the lawer was recomended by the agents in UK and I would have to say that other than signing the contract and geting money for millitary clearance she has not advised any more as yet.You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject of buying the property in Turkey and I am trying to be as careful as I can be because other than couple of holidays that I had in Turkey, I know very little.I will take this up with my solicitor to get more information.RegardsKamal

#52 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hi Abi and Kamal,I was taken to Legal Independence by the Cornhill rep, after she explained to me about not using the building co's solicitor, so as far as I know they are using someone different, which would be the case for you Kamal as you also are with LI.Abi, Is there a way for us to check which solicitor they are using? I will check my contract and see if it is on there.I will also get David Morris, my UK Cornhill rep, on the case as soon as possible, he has proved invaluable on the comms front.On a happier note, for me that is, just had confirmation my remortgage has completed. So after never having changed my mortgage, ever, I am now paying

#53 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Thank you Kamal, I wish I knew more about it all but my knowledge has come through reading up on buying property in Turkey and also from reading stories written by people in the ways that they have been ripped off and also from people that have done everything possible to protect themselves but still got ripped off, which was mainly due to bad lawyers and agents handling the sale and of course dodgy builders. I do have to say a lot of people have gone through the process with no problems at all unfortunately, you always hear more about bad things happening than good.Delgan, if the name of your lawyer over here is not on any of your paperwork the only thing you can do is ask. If you manage to get the name of the Turkish lawyer and really there should be no reason why they shouldn't we can check to see if they name is registered and also do a name search on the internet to see if their name or firm comes up with anything. If they don't give you the name I would have to wonder why.

#54 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hi Abi/Delgan I have been advised of who my lawyer is and I have spoken to her and had responses to my e-mails. All I would say to you Del that as long as you are holding the money you will be listened to by all concerned. If you are paying for the services of the solicitor then you have every right to find out who he/she is and you should be communicating vice versa.Delgan I have got nothing against our developers but they have done absolutely nothing to make us trust them. We are buying these properties and not accepting them in charity therefore they could be little bit more responsive to our mails.Like I have said before I am an optimist but I don't want anything left to chance and more information that we can extract the better it is.Congratulation for having had the mortgage approved but hold onto that money until you are fully satisfied. I would like to extend my gratitude to Abi giving us so much information which has prompted me to send another e-mail to my solicitor asking for more information.RegardsKamal

Edited by Kamal, 24 July 2010 - 02:17 PM.

#55 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

Looks like my waiting is over because I have been advised that my place will be completed by 16/08/10. I wil have to arrange flights to go out to Turkey and take possession of the property.Mhy only concern is that I do not want to pay off the balance until I am fully satisfied with the construction of the property.Can any one advise whether it is normal for the developers in Turkey to ask for all the purchase price cleared before the transfer of the deeds. I am being advised that I can retain

#56 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hi Kamal,nearly finished the oak flooring in my kitchen, took longer than I thought! I will be able to talk Turkey again now.Have you heard anything from developers since your last post? I haven't had any communications, even about completion date.Did you have any luck with flights? Our friend bought on royal heights, and was struggling to get flights cheap enough, as they were travelling out on the 1st Nov when the cheap ones seem to finish. Anyway, they got in touch with Cornhill and they got them flights for