Hello

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hi Delgan I see what you are saying but when we there we did not have too much time to get into nitty gritty otherwise we would have missed our flight. We just agreed on the price of the villa fully furnished and started contemplating on the plane whether we did the right thing.I have had some recent pictures sent over by the Prime rep and it looks like that the place is still far from completion. However we are advised that the completion date is 7/08/10 and I have advised them that the funds will be transferred on the day after I check the property over.The other thing that concerns me a little bit is that the flights can be quite cheap or very expensive depending on the day you travel. Once a fixed completion date is advised I will then try and book the cheapest flight possible and fix the date with them for the possession of the property.It is such a big headache and hopefully will be well worth it. Incidentally I think the flat that you have bought is two bedrooms and two bathrooms as there are no two bedroom flats with one bathroom.RegardsKamal

#22 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

Dalgan, if you have the time I would always suggest that people buy their own furniture rather than a package as you will, as you have found out be able to buy it much cheaper. One word of warning if you go with a rep be aware that they will for sure be getting a percentage of what you pay to the shop sometimes as much as 10%, so it is better if you buy on your own. Decent quality knives and forks and cookware can be expensive here so if you have room in your suitcase bring them over with you. Curtains can also be expensive here so that is something else you may consider bringing over with you.Don't forgot to barter especially if you are buying a lot of stuff from one place or an expensive item, they will give you a discount or throw an item or items in for free.At the end of the day as you say why pay extra for nothing.Most places will deliver free and usually the same day. Make sure that you inspect the goods whilst the driver is still there.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#23 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the info Abi, I will enjoy the bartering.Is there anything that you would consider really cheap, or should I say good value, in Turkey for the purpose of furnishing an appt? Rugs, nets, crockery? Might start a new thread if it hasn't already been asked.CheersDel

#24 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Glad to be of help, I would start a new thread you will probably get more of a response :)

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#25 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Hi Kamal,Wow, I actually got an email from Peter the sales manager today."Everything is going well with your apartment.Flor tiling is tinished,electrics connected. Doors will be tilled this week. Your apartment number is B 1

Edited by delgan, 07 July 2010 - 08:41 PM.

#26 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

Hi DelI don't know what has happened but the comment that I added two days ago has disappeared.The villa that I have purchased is C1-3. This is a 3 bedroom detached with three bedrooms with a private swimming pool. We are advised that the completion date is 7/08/10 but I can not rely upon what they are saying since I have had several completion dates from them in the past.I will only pay off the balance once I am fully satisfied with the property and all the funiture within.RegardsKamal

#27 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Hi Kamal,after trying, and failing, with emails to Koroglu construction, I remembered the Cornhill, "Client Liaison Mananger" saying email him and he can get things done.Well, no sooner than I email him, he replies and sets to work to get the answers, which have all taken less than 24hrs!Have you tried going through your contact for Prime Overseas? After all they are as involved in this sale as you are, if you don't pay, they don't get their commission, its as simple as that.Did you take out a rental agreement with Koroglu? We took out 20wks winter, 20wks summer, if possible within the first year, enabling us to get sorted for advertising etc.As they are involved with the construction of the flamingoparkavm.com Peter said he would be having architects and managers staying as close as possible, and you guessed it, The Village is one of the closest.Don't know what kind of rents to expect normally, but they are giving

Edited by delgan, 09 July 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#28 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hi Delgan I am not having too much of a problem with Prime as they are very helpful in doing what they can. My problems are with the deveolpers because they are not very communative. Yourself and myself through forum know more about each other than what I have found out about the developers in the last 6 months. I have been advised by Prime today that Peter has told them that 7/08/10 is the final completion date in fact it should be completed by the end of July/2010.Whilst I was in Turkey Peter advised us that we can expect to get approx

#29 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hi Kamal,Flights do vary wildly dont they, I was lucky to get flights for

#30 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi Del What they are asking for is the full balance to be paid a week before the completion date less

#31 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi KamalOur Rep in Bodrum, Antoinette, advised us to pay through the solicitors and I was unsure why, now, after reading your last post, I think I understand better.Even though I will be transferring the money to them, they will be holding an amount back from Koroglu, until snag list is satisfied, BUT, Koroglu are safe in the knowledge that all monies have been paid, and will endeavour to put right any problems for their last bit of money.Whereas, if we pay them direct and have stuff that needs doing, there is little or no incentive, financially, to rush and make good.Bad press for them if they dont rush, as they are going to be showing phase1 to potential phase2 buyers, so........I think you will be safe, and your villa will be as perfect as it can be, hopefully!Is there a way for you to make the final payment to Legal Independence, and have an amount held by for snagging? Koroglu will be happy you have made the payment, L.I. will be happy to have the money in their account earning interest, and you will be happy.I would not be happy to pay Prime, who are in essence, Estate Agents, and I am not sure if they are able to handle money, apart from their commissions!!I dont know how it stands legally, perhaps someone can enlighten us please.See you soonDel

#32 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hi Del Thanks for your advice. I have sent an e-mail to my solicitors to advise what I need to do. I don't think the developers are right in asking to be paid off completely before the possession of the vkilla by myself. Awaiting response from my solicitors.RegardsKamal

#33 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Hi Kamal,Did you get any pictures from Peter? I haven't had anything apart from the plans/drawings for my place, so I can work out size of windows for curtains, and see if I can fit a corner sofabed in.Was there any luck with the solicitors, sure getting close for you now!Bye for nowDel

#34 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:11 AM

Hi Delgan That is precisely what the problem is with these people, not keeping everybody informed. Last set of pictures that I have seen are on the website of The Village Koroglu. I do keep writing to them but they ignore my e-mails and Peter only comes back very briefly demanding balance to be paid.I have spoken to my solicitor and made her aware what the developers are asking for and she she will be coming back to me after speaking to developers solicitor. She has advised me that I need not part with any more money until completion of the property.Completion date for my villa has been set for 7/08/10 but I am not booking any flights until they advise that it is ready for me to move into. I have missed some bargain flights because of their dithering.You should have had the dimensions of the rooms when you signed up to buy your flat but if you havn't then you can ask them to give you room dimensions.I will be glad when its all over so that I can enjoy my place. Peter has been emplyed by the developers to look after the British people so that there is no language barrier but he is next to useless. How can you trust somebody who does not communicate with you.Kind regrdsKamal

Edited by Kamal, 16 July 2010 - 09:35 AM.

#35 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hi Kamal,Last night I was reading the posts here about banks and which types of accounts to have.Do you have a bank in turkey already? Peter is going to pay our rent into a Turkish bank account, which we have to open soon, but which one? At the moment, HSBC pay 9,75% interest on one of their accounts, but as I understand the rates are dropping, much like what has happened here I guess.I am going to look at the banks referred to in some of the other posts, to try and make some kind of informed decision! Ken, aka Ben Densin, refers to Garanti bank and rates them well, and I think they have a branch in London too.Of course, I will try and find one close to The Village, if possibleBack soonDel

Edited by delgan, 16 July 2010 - 02:00 PM.

#36 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi Del I have not opened the bank account as yet but HSBC seems like a safe bet as they operate in both countries. The other thing is that you require tax ID in Turkey before the bank account can be opened. I will be able to transfer the balance to my solicitor who can transfer the funds to developers on completion.I do wish that Peter was communicating so that I can plan head and make the buying of villa as smooth as possible. As we are living in UK and buying in Turkey it does not make it easy for us if we have unhelpful developers. As far as the money is concerned it is all sorted out but we have to feel very safe and secure with parting of our money as it can be very difficult to get them to sort out their mistakes afterwards.They may be fine bunch of people but they have done nothing to allay distrust which can only come through communicating - they only have themselves to blame.RegardsKamal

#37 durulaw

durulaw

• PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hi, everyone.Having just signed up to buy an appartment in Bodrum, for holidays and letting, I thought it a good idea to check some things out and came across your site, I'm impressed!We, Del & Jody, and our kids, Joseph & Grace, have finally settled on 'The Village' on the main drag from Bodrum airport to Bodrum Central.Although the views from all the other places were fantastic, we liked the idea of the flat ground of 'The Village', plus Lake Tuzla and Vita Park golf being a few minutes away! Oh, and if it gets built, Flamingo Park Shopping Centre. (Any news on that one?)Is there a company search type thing for Turkey? I was after finding out more of the construction company, S.C.V Koroglu Construction Co. Ltd.We 'bought' , subject to all the legal stuff, 2 bed,1 bath, GF appt on phase 1, which is built and they are just tiling ours. Phase 1 finances phase 2, which is the reason for my question.Many thanks for any replies, and glad to be a part of TurkeyCentral!Del

Hi DelIt's a very good idea to purchase an appartment from Bodrum. Because with its nature and people Bodrum is one of the best cities in Turkey. Nevertheless I would like to inform you about a few topics. First of all there are many clever person in Turkey who can cheat on you. Thats why I recommend you to do your transactions with a lawyer who knows english. If you like I will be very happy to help you. Best RegardsAslı DURU Law Office www.asliduru.av.tr (also you can have a look from my website)

#38 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

durulaw, you may have missed my post to you asking that you go to the Meet and Greet section. It would be good if you could tell us how long you have been practising and what types of law you specialize in and therefore qualified to give advise.I look forward to reading your introduction :).

#39 durulaw

durulaw

• PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Hi Abi I am a new member in this forum so I would be very thankfull if you help me. For example I want to give information about Duru Law Office. As you said I am looking for the Meet and Greet section but I couldn't find it.

#40 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi Durulaw,Thanks for the advice, but if you had taken the time to read the whole post, you would have notice that both myself and Kamal, who is also buying in Bodrum, are already using the company Legal Independence.Thanks anyway, and WELCOME to the forum (thats a big welcome!)Del