delgan

Hello

56 posts in this topic

Hi Abi You are absolutely correct, the lawer was recomended by the agents in UK and I would have to say that other than signing the contract and geting money for millitary clearance she has not advised any more as yet.You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject of buying the property in Turkey and I am trying to be as careful as I can be because other than couple of holidays that I had in Turkey, I know very little.I will take this up with my solicitor to get more information.RegardsKamal

Hi Abi and Kamal,I was taken to Legal Independence by the Cornhill rep, after she explained to me about not using the building co's solicitor, so as far as I know they are using someone different, which would be the case for you Kamal as you also are with LI.Abi, Is there a way for us to check which solicitor they are using? I will check my contract and see if it is on there.I will also get David Morris, my UK Cornhill rep, on the case as soon as possible, he has proved invaluable on the comms front.On a happier note, for me that is, just had confirmation my remortgage has completed. So after never having changed my mortgage, ever, I am now paying

Thank you Kamal, I wish I knew more about it all but my knowledge has come through reading up on buying property in Turkey and also from reading stories written by people in the ways that they have been ripped off and also from people that have done everything possible to protect themselves but still got ripped off, which was mainly due to bad lawyers and agents handling the sale and of course dodgy builders. I do have to say a lot of people have gone through the process with no problems at all unfortunately, you always hear more about bad things happening than good.Delgan, if the name of your lawyer over here is not on any of your paperwork the only thing you can do is ask. If you manage to get the name of the Turkish lawyer and really there should be no reason why they shouldn't we can check to see if they name is registered and also do a name search on the internet to see if their name or firm comes up with anything. If they don't give you the name I would have to wonder why.

Hi Abi/Delgan I have been advised of who my lawyer is and I have spoken to her and had responses to my e-mails. All I would say to you Del that as long as you are holding the money you will be listened to by all concerned. If you are paying for the services of the solicitor then you have every right to find out who he/she is and you should be communicating vice versa.Delgan I have got nothing against our developers but they have done absolutely nothing to make us trust them. We are buying these properties and not accepting them in charity therefore they could be little bit more responsive to our mails.Like I have said before I am an optimist but I don't want anything left to chance and more information that we can extract the better it is.Congratulation for having had the mortgage approved but hold onto that money until you are fully satisfied. I would like to extend my gratitude to Abi giving us so much information which has prompted me to send another e-mail to my solicitor asking for more information.RegardsKamal

Looks like my waiting is over because I have been advised that my place will be completed by 16/08/10. I wil have to arrange flights to go out to Turkey and take possession of the property.Mhy only concern is that I do not want to pay off the balance until I am fully satisfied with the construction of the property.Can any one advise whether it is normal for the developers in Turkey to ask for all the purchase price cleared before the transfer of the deeds. I am being advised that I can retain

Hi Kamal,nearly finished the oak flooring in my kitchen, took longer than I thought! I will be able to talk Turkey again now.Have you heard anything from developers since your last post? I haven't had any communications, even about completion date.Did you have any luck with flights? Our friend bought on royal heights, and was struggling to get flights cheap enough, as they were travelling out on the 1st Nov when the cheap ones seem to finish. Anyway, they got in touch with Cornhill and they got them flights for