• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi, everyone.Having just signed up to buy an appartment in Bodrum, for holidays and letting, I thought it a good idea to check some things out and came across your site, I'm impressed!We, Del & Jody, and our kids, Joseph & Grace, have finally settled on 'The Village' on the main drag from Bodrum airport to Bodrum Central.Although the views from all the other places were fantastic, we liked the idea of the flat ground of 'The Village', plus Lake Tuzla and Vita Park golf being a few minutes away! Oh, and if it gets built, Flamingo Park Shopping Centre. (Any news on that one?)Is there a company search type thing for Turkey? I was after finding out more of the construction company, S.C.V Koroglu Construction Co. Ltd.We 'bought' , subject to all the legal stuff, 2 bed,1 bath, GF appt on phase 1, which is built and they are just tiling ours. Phase 1 finances phase 2, which is the reason for my question.Many thanks for any replies, and glad to be a part of TurkeyCentral!Del

#2 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4051 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hi Delgan, welcome to Turkey Central. Congratulations on your purchase, hope it all goes smoothly for you. Can't answer your questions as I live miles away from Bodrum.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#3 Sirin

Sirin

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Hi DelI can't answer your questions either unfortunately, but just saying welcome!

#4 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Welcome to our forum Del, I don't live near to Bodrum either, hopefully some of the members who do will be along at some point and will be able to help.From what you say it doesn't sound long before your new apartment will be ready and you get your Tapu. Don"t forget if you gave anyone Power of Attorney to cancel it when they have done their job and get it notorised,If there are any more questions you want answering please ask and we will try our best to help you. :hysterical[1]:

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#5 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the replies, very kind.Sorry, I think I should have just said hello first, questions later in another section.....oops.

#6 Ken

Ken

Kapıcı

• Antalya
  • 5321 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hi Delgan and welcome!It's always good to have a new member who is buying a property and moving to a place like Bodrum, since we can get a fresh view of the buying process as well as the area. I hope you'll keep us updated on things, whatever experience you post about is bound to help somebody else down the line!I'll move this to the Bodrum forum so you'll be more likely to get some helpful replies. :)

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***

#7 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi Delgan I do not know whether to congratulate you or to share my sorrow with you having bought in The Village. I went out to Turkey in October/2009 and ended up buying a three bedroomed villa in The Village. We were advised that the completion would be end of Feb/2010.Since then they have been having lots of rain thus delay in completion. I am being advised that the completion is due end of July/2010.I do hope that it will be completed after 5 months of delay. I have been writing e-mails to SCV Koraglu but their responses are not very frequent and do not alway give the information asked for.I hope we can meet up once you acquire your place. Hopefully I will be flying out to Turkey in Aug/2010 to take charge of the property.Kind regardsKamal Bhardwaj

#8 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Thanks Ben, will keep you updated.Hi Kamal,We were over in June and ours was the 'last one' left apparently (B1-3), and it was being tiled the week after.I think the places were being finished from the back of phase one to the front, as we looked at one of the rearmost villas and it was complete.There were 3 foot deep trenches around all the blocks where they were installing water pipes, and these were to be filled in made good and turf/path laid.The swimming pool was basically finished, with a small kids pool adjoining it, which wasn't on the original drawing.As you have said, contact is at best sporadic, but hopefully that means they are soooo busy getting it ready, they don't have time to 'play' on computers, as my wife likes to say! Hopefully they will deliver on their delayed promise, we were also told of the rains.It's nice to talk to someone in the same boat as ourselves, and yes, if we can, it would be great to meet up, before the AGM (cant believe I am going to be a part of this!)Whereabouts are you based? We live just outside London, in Essex.Look forward to hearing from you,Del

#9 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hi Del There are some lovely people who help you along and show you the way to use this forum. I am very grateful for this. Del you have given me more information regarding the villa that I have purchased than what I could get out of them by sending 6 e-mails. They are really very bad in keeping people informed. I have not properly introdused myself as yet but here it goes. I have a family of wife Parveen and two girls and two boys , all grown up. I have taken early retirement from being a telecommunication engineer first in BT (32 years) then Cable & Wireless eleven years.I have bought a villa (C1-3) both to enjoy by ourself and the familly as well as for renting out.Completion date was supposed to be end of Feb/2010 but now I am being advised that it will be end of July/2010.I am being asked to pay up before the exchange of contracts. I don't really know whether this is normal as I expected to pay them after making sure everything is okay. This villa will come fully furnished and I would like to make sure that there will be nothing for me to do as I walk into the place.So far it has been one hell of a pain but hoping that the dark clouds will disappear. By the way I live in Heston Hounslow Middlesex close to London Heatrow airport.RegardsKamal Bhardwaj

Edited by Kamal, 02 July 2010 - 09:34 AM.

#10 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

Kamal, I believe that the contract would state payment stages for the property and wonder what it says about final payments.Has your Military clearance come through yet and have you checked recently to make sure that the builder hasn't taken out a loan against your property? I'm not saying he has but it is always wise to double check these things. :confused1[1]:

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#11 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi Abi I have to see the contracts T&C but it is fairly normal in this country to pay for the property after exchange of contracts. I have employed a solicitotor in Turkey to take care of any legal issues and don't expect that the loan has been taken out on my property.Millitary clearance has been given on the villa and hopefully should be ready by the end of July/2010. I have bought this place through Prime based in UK.RegardsKamal

#12 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi KamalI was a bit worried about paying anything before miltary clearance and signing contracts etc. but I am informed this is quite usual. (still in the back of my mind though)We went to Bodrum with Cornhill Overseas, and the service has been second to none. Their rep, Antoinette, was fantastic and while in her company, she paid for all our food and drink. There was no hard sell, and we were impressed with what she showed us around the area, not only properties, but the beauty of the surroundings and the infastructure being put into place.There is a second runway close to completion at Bodrum International, and they are installing water mains (drinking water) almost everywhere it seems.While this is not what everyone wants, the onslaught of tourism, for me it appears to be a good investment opportunity.We spent years travelling rural France looking at places to renovate, to live in and as a letting business, but what we could afford and the amount of work involved (I like renovating, my wife doesn't, well not how long I take anyway!) was very prohibitive.We were not thinking at all about Turkey, but jumped at the chance of the offer from Cornhill,

#13 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hi Del I have spent a good 20 minutes responding to your message then it just disappeared before my eyes. Anyway we had a similar deal as yoursel buht with Prime Overseas. It was very good and we were well taken care off. We bought this property on our last day in Turkey and our plane took off half hour after the purchase. We paid

#14 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

Ah!, the old disappearing text trick.After getting lots of calls from In-laws and Friends about this in general day to day use of computers, long emails etc. I now recommend the following:-Type your text in your favourite editor, I always say openoffice.org as this is FREE, M$ compatible, and autosaves! (you must save after creating new document, to enable autosave function)Then just select all (ctrl+a), copy (ctrl+c), then paste (ctrl+v) into your forum/email/whatever.My Stepfather-in-law does this now, and I no longer get the 'how do I......' phone calls.p.s you can use Notepad, Wordpad, Vim or countless others, if you can remember to keep saving as you type.

#15 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hi Delgan Thanks for your tip regarding use of the computer. What I would like to know is how far have you gone with your purchase. Are you taking possession at the same time as myself i.e 7/08/2010.RegardsKamal Bhardwaj

#16 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hi KamalWe initially paid

#17 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi Delgan We have paid the initial

#18 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

Hi Kamal,We were latecomers to The Village, and were shown the last available appt on the first phase. As we viewed and decided to buy the first week in June 2010, and the Military clearance on average can take 3 months, we have a later completion date, which hopefully will be before the 26th October, because we hope to stay there! (I am hoping they will bring completion date forward a few days.)Interestingly, I noticed on thevillagebodrum.com site, there is a 6% discount if full payment is made, were you made aware of this? I wasn't but 6% saving would have been nice, still payable over a few months I think, because of the clearance issues etc.This is the link to 6% discount option if you want to take a look, ignore me if I am going over stuff you already know.....http://thevillagebod...om/spayment.htmIt seems to have taken me ages to type this up, as I keep getting interupted, I think I started over 2 hrs ago!Speak soonDel

#19 Kamal

Kamal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hi Delgan I am aware of this 6% discount but I decided not to do this as I thought paying all the money upfront may be too risky. One thing I have found it is tWhy hat they appear to hold back work until full payment is made. I am saying this because I am being asked to pay off the balance before the completion date and similarly you are being asked to pay before completion.Why they can't wait till the client is satisfied with the finished building is beyond my understanding.I suppose same as myself you will be getting fully furnished apartment.RegardsKamal

#20 delgan

delgan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hi Kamal,We didnt go for the furnished option, hoping to do a better job ourselves for the

Edited by delgan, 06 July 2010 - 11:36 PM.