• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 techguy

techguy

Tech Guy

• Adana
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

Work Permits are supposed to be processed in 30 days now but you know how that goes. Our company currently has a work visa and work permit in progress. I'll let you know how long it takes when it is completed.

We received the approved work permit today. It was applied for with the Ministry on 6 May and was actually approved on 21 May with a start date of 14 May.
TechGuy

#22 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4078 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

Wow! Things are looking up. :)

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#23 saraw65

saraw65

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Merhaba arkadaslarI really need some help and do not know where or who to turn to!After working for 17 months for a Turkish company, promises of work permits and insurances have not been put in place. A lot of money is owed to me and I do not know who I can turn to to retrieve the monies that are due or even if I am entitled to receive these monies due to the company not applying for my legal paperwork.If anyone can help me please contact me as I am afraid of what will happen if I carry on this way.Many thanks

You can threaten legal action. Mind you, you might run the risk of being thrown out of the country.Perhaps you should just try threatening legal action and see what happens...then you can decide what to do next.

#24 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

I'm afraid you are in a dodgy position. As sara says you could be deported for working without a work permit so I fear there is nothing that you can do legally, and your employer knows this.I think you should look for employment elsewhere as soon as possible. You will be lucky to recoup any of your owed money.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#25 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

• Kaş
  • 4078 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Since alieninturkey's post was over a year ago it's likely this has been resolved by now, although I wouldn't put money on which side won.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#26 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Or if in fact it was real to start with :animatedwink[1]:

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#27 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

• Kaş
  • 4078 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Good point.

#28 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

:doh[1]: Didn't notice that it was an old post. :(
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#29 saraw65

saraw65

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

:doh[1]: Didn't notice that it was an old post. :(

Bende