Tax Free Car

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Djemal

Djemal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

I have recently purchased a villa in turgut reis and now want to buy a carI have heard that it is possible to buy a car as a tourist without paying the OTV and KDV ?Somebody please help me on this subject as i have called all departments and its making me wild as they all say diffrent things. which is expected in turkey i am fluent in turkish as parents turkish but i am a born british citizen in the uk which makes me only a UK citizen not a turkish citizen my understanding is that this helps ?somebody shed some light please

#2 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4073 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

The man to ask about this is our member Taner:Mr. Taner ALTINAYGeneral ManagerAhmet Tuzcuoglu Domestic and International Logistics ServicesIzmir (main office) +90 (0) 232 425 73 17Istanbul: +90 (0) 216 373 28 44Ankara: +90 (0) 312 435 84 49http://tuzcuoglu.telwww.ahmettuzcuoglu.comBut I must say that I think as a tourist you won't be able to buy a car at all. The rules changed again in January and you now need a residence permit again if you want to buy a car.It is worth ringing Taner and getting the information direct because things change all the time here, as you probably know.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#3 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Take a look at this thread Djemal. That will give you lots of info on foreigners buying cars here. :Dhttp://www.turkeycen...?showtopic=7985
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.