• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

Muğla police took 24 people into custody Monday in the Aegean district of Bodrum on charges of fraud on land registry and title deeds, news agencies reported.http://www.hurriyetd...masi-2010-03-15

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

It is good to hear that something is being done but will it bring results? Not likely if you read the comments.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 noname

noname

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

lt would be interesting to know what emlak was involved and the builders.A lot of this is going on and still does here in Altinkum and the surrounding area's.What has been printed is really just scratching the surface.The property industry is swamped with fraudulant activities,on the expense of the buyers miseryl do not think anything will change until they install the proper non corrupt regulatives boards

#4 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

The one thing I found interesting thing that I noticed was that it mentioned business people as well as home owners, so that probably means Turkish people have got caught up in this as well.It's a shame that no reports have been made about the result of the court cases of the Altinkum Tapu office, it would give some comfort at least to the people that suffered at their hands that they had been sent to prison.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#5 Ken

Ken

Kapıcı

• Antalya
  • 5499 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

All I can say is YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! ;) It's about time. If the Turkey property market is ever to have any further potential, they need to get serious about real estate ripoffs in Turkey. I hope the victims of these 24 people are well compensated for their loss and trouble.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***

#6 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

The latest news on the arrests.Hurriyet D N
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#7 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for posting the update Sunny as I am sure there are a lot of worried people living overseas wondering what is happening.The whole thing is absolutely dreadful, if you can't trust people at the Land Registry who can you trust. I think a lot of people who were thinking of buying won't do so now and Turkey will be a big loser which is a big shame.

#8 noname

noname

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

l have always looked apon myself as giving the best advice for the people that needs it at the time.And one of those advice was to make sure that you own the place you have bought is to go to the register office to see the name is officially in the book and is registered.l am not so sure now to give that kind of advice,since corruption always seem to ruins it for others that are trying to help.This is another nail in the coffin for Turkeys reputation and it does not look good.The problems of corruption happened here as well in the deeds office of Altinkum,many arrests were made.lf Turkey wants the property industry to pick up,they really have to do better then this to attract the foriegn buyers back.That means they have to make sure all the proper regulations are in place first to combat such crime and also to overhaul the justice system so the criminal is punish only,where at the moment it is the victim that is punished

Edited by noname, 18 March 2010 - 04:57 PM.