Government Tax And Environment Tax

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Frances

Frances

• Bodrum
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Can anyone tell me how much the Government Tax is and the Environment Tax, when is it due and how do we pay it? I have been told that they have now been lumped into one payment. Thanks.

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11862 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

Property TaxTax payments are made in two equal installments in the period March-to-May and November each year and those are collected by the local governments (municipality). The tax base is annually updated by a coefficient determined by the Ministry of Finance taking into account the inflation rate. You must take your Tapu (possibly your habitation certificate) along to your local Belediyesi and they will tell you how much you must pay.How much you pay depends on the value put on your house by the Belediyesi. It is no where near the amount paid in the UK.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4051 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

I've only ever been asked for one payment, in April each year. Last year it went up to 90 lira for two houses. Shock Horror!!I only had to show the tapus in the first year and then I showed it a couple of years later when the houses had been put on them.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#4 nataliewest

nataliewest

Expert Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

Do you have to pay these taxes if your house is a leashold property?

#5 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4051 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

Well somebody has to pay it and if you're the leaseholder I would think it's going to be you. If you know who has the freehold you could try asking them but I doubt you've got much chance of getting them to pay it.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness