• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

For the past fortnight, almost every day now, someone is walking their dog past our house and crapping on the doorstep. This is in the morning and believe me, that dog must eat a lot:( It happens at different times and so nobody has ever seen the culprit. Sick of having to deal with this revolting mess.What to do? (I thought of getting someone to write a warning notice and stick it on the door but the culprit either won't read it or - as they are selfish enough to do such a thing anyway - just shrug it off).

#2 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4051 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

In the evening wash the step with a very strong mix of toilet cleaner and water, don't rinse it just let it dry, the smell will put it off. If it isn't washed it will continue to smell it's own poo and will continue to do it.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#3 noname

noname

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

l haven't tried it,but someone suggested cutting up some citris peels.Put them in the blender until well pulped up and then srain it in a spray bottle.Dogs detest the smell of acid.You might be bombarded with a swarm of fruitflies but at least they don't crap like the dog you have mentioned.Just a thought

#4 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4051 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

That wouldn't work if it were my dogs, they eat oranges and lemons if they get hold of them :huh: .

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#5 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Thanks everyone:) Cukur, I don't see why I have to play Mrs Mop every evening downstairs in the cold and dark (no lights in that area). Again I am (literally) cleaning up everyone's sh*t in this house while they are all absent or renting their flats to noisy students.The citrus peels is an interesting idea. However, right next door to our house is a greengrocery. I wonder if he cleaned up the last lot as it was unsanitary to park his bags of spuds next to this huge turd. Today here was icy and so he closed his door and ignored it. This problem is worse right now because nobody is hanging around outside. In the good weather, people are merrymaking with glasses of beer etc outside the door because of all the discos and restaurants and the poo hopefully will get sorted because nobody wants to sit on it! I refuse to be the cleaner upper round here. I used to sweep up all the merrymakers' fag ends but here it is a losing battle I'm afraid.

#6 Angi

Angi

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

Use a strong solution of wash powder, you need to get rid of the dogs own scent or he/she will continue to 'mark his spot'. Wash powder gets rid of it and doesn't leave another one in its place.Toilet cleaner/disinfectant, floor cleaner all replace one smell with another one.*edit*PS this also works when house training puppies :huh:

Edited by Angi, 20 January 2010 - 10:18 PM.

if all else fails... SMILE.. it confuses the hell out of people

#7 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

Angi thank you very much for that useful comment:) Although I resent having to do this as I am not the only one living in this building who gives a sh*t (sorry for the pun) I'll have to put my rubber gloves on and do it. The problem when you have a building with 6 flats of which 3 are unoccupied and the others occupied by selfish students is that you end up doing all repairs and cleaning to the common parts yourself. The only people who are helping me now are a couple who rent out their first floor flat. We have a broken pipe and they are getting someone round to see it today. I do hope they don't sell their flat but hopefully if they do, some normal people will come to live here and not just use it as a cash cow.Something that nobody has advised me on is how to STOP these assholes from letting their dogs use our doorstep as a toilet. I asked my neighbour about putting up a notice to ask them not to do it and he said (his words) that knowing Turkish people, they would bring the whole neighbourhood's bow-wows to crap here!

Edited by benhalterci, 21 January 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#8 Angi

Angi

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

yer i understand your resentmentBy the way I meant to ask

someone is walking their dog past our house and crapping on the doorstep.

you sure its the dog or is it the owner :)
if all else fails... SMILE.. it confuses the hell out of people

#9 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Good point Angi:) We have a few street people who live near here but ahem...not wishing to be too indelicate..it really looks like dog pooh. The owner of the restaurant across the street says that the Babylon Lounge has CCTV cameras opposite our house but unfortunately our front door and doorstep area is out of range:(