Latest Headlines - I'm Sick!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dande

dande

• Çeşme
  • 1382 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

Not content with having spread unnecessary, over-exaggerated and often false information concerning Swine Flu, and consequently allowing the major international pharmaceutical companies to further increase their already vast profits, the UK press tell us that a winter vomiting bug hits 500,000 people a week!Not only that, but according to a leading heart surgeon, who presumably is in need of some publicity to make a name for himself, calls for a ban on butter to save thousands of lives.The only thing that

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page" (St. Augustine)

#2 Fil

Fil

Supreme Member

• Antalya
  • 1761 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

Nil carborundum Dande, they are only trying to wind you up.Today's journos will never beat classics like 'Freddie Starr ate my hamster' or 'Hitler was a woman'.An interesting little experiment is to enter the name of UK national newspapers and 'lies' into google. You will find the Mail is way ahead of most of the tohers.

Edited by Fil, 18 January 2010 - 10:45 AM.

Mr Fil

#3 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

It's enough to make a saint swear so you're in good company Dande! :)
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#4 jozsika

jozsika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

At least millions of swine flu injections are for sale, going cheap! :hysterical[1]: :hysterical[1]:

Regards,

#5 dande

dande

• Çeşme
  • 1382 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:41 AM

[i][b]
At least millions of swine flu injections are for sale, going cheap! :hysterical[1]: :hysterical[1]: ]

. . . thought it was the Bird Flu injections that went CHEEP!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page" (St. Augustine)

#6 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2228 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Well, both bird flu & swine flu have turned out to be a storm in a teacup (statistically speaking). It's interesting that the powers that be are avoiding publishing any figures on the number of vaccinated death victims, and are hoping no-one will think to ask such embarrasing questions ! :hysterical[1]:
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown