Beware Filiz Erkul /turgot Erkul

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vin

vin

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

:) A WORD OF WARNING TO ANY BODY CONSIDERING BUYING OR LETTING PROPERTY I BOUGHT A PROPERTY IN KUSADASI FROM THIS SCAM ARTIST AND GOT RIPPED OF FOR A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY BY THESE PEOPLE FIRSTLY I PURCHASED THE PROPERTY AT A HUGELY INFLATED PRICE AND WAS NEVER TOLD OF ALL THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK THAT I WOULD NEED TO SECURE OWNERSHIP WHICE COST ME A CONSIDERABL AMOUNT ON TOP TO PUT THIS IN ORDER SECONDLY SHE COLLECTED A LARGE AMOUNT OF SITE MAINT FEES FROM ME AND NEVER PAID THEM TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES THIRD SHE COLLECTED ANOTHER LARGE AMOUNT FROM ME TOWARDS MAINTAINANCE REQUIRED FOR THE UPKEEP OF THE PROPERTY AND FINALLY SHE LEASED MY PROPERTY FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS ASSURING ME THE MONIES WERE BIENG DEPOSITED INTO MY ACCOUNT WHEN IN FACT SHE STOLE EVERY PENNY IF ANY ONE EVER COMES ACROSS THESE PEOPLE STEER WELL CLEAR AS THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AS I LEARNED THE HARD WAY PUT IN BETTER TERMS THESE PEOPLE ARE THIEVES

#2 mitchmoud

mitchmoud

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

Haven't heard of them yet. Where is their office?
High aspirations, Moderate expectations, Small needs.

#3 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

I am sorry to hear what you have been through but it does unlined the fact that some people are leaving themselves wide open to be ripped off, not that I condone such behaviour as it is wrong and you should go to the authorities.Before people buy property in any foreign country they really must do their homework, the first thing on their list should be to get a lawyer who has been recommended by several people and who is independent from the builder, the second is to take their time.Why did you pay at a hugely inflated price, did you not look around and see what prices where for a similar property.Why did you not know what paperwork would be involved, at the end of the day anyone buying property especially in foreign countries should make themselves aware of legal paperwork , costs and time frames involved.If you paid large amounts of money for site fees and maintenance I hope you got receipts to prove you handed over monies so that you can present them to the authorities.Your final point about leasing your property for 2 1/2 years. You said that you were told that the money was being deposited into your account, did you never check your account or ask for records.

Edited by Abi, 18 October 2009 - 10:04 AM.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#4 vin

vin

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

they had offices in kusadasi and guzulcamli and from my latest visit to turkey i belive they are now operating in antalya thats what i have been told by the local council they say they are having nemerous cases presented whareby people have been cough out by their scams the missing paperwork was engineers and architects reports the directors of the the siresi have decided to change the electricity supp;ier and without this paperwork i am unable to apply to the new supplier for a meter i belive this is a very common occurance with all sitezi in that you never realise you need these documents untill they go to change something as i said i paid them 2 years ago to get this paperwork but they never got it just done a runner with the money i belive the goverment is at fault to a large extent as they should implement a law requiring that this paperwork should be part of the sale process and not issue a tapu without it when i bought the roperty i asked them for references of before sales and they looked to be a reputable firm my mastake as a have learned to my cost i did make numerous attempts to recieve information from the bank but the language barrier can make it really hard

#5 mitchmoud

mitchmoud

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hope you can recover some of the money. I am sure you would do things differently if you could do it over again. I used a realtor in Kusadasi{Kale} and checked with them frequently. In the end I paid for 2 deeds to get 1, no repairs were made and I had renters {paying someone] for a short time and some other issues. I have sold Real Estate for a living and barely made it through the maze. There are more scams than a novice here can imagine. Until the industry is properly regulated and testing done this is my one and only purchase.
High aspirations, Moderate expectations, Small needs.

#6 Ken

Ken

Kapıcı

• Antalya
  • 5452 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:02 AM

I'm quite interested in this story, and I for one appreciate a consumer warning as you've given here! :rolleyes: Firstly, what is the name of the company you dealt with?Secondly, can you give us the details regarding your experience with this company, that is, the specific facts behind the whole thing?Also vin, please have a look at our forum rules and etiquette here:Forum Rules and Etiquette

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***