• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Penny

Penny

Dalaman Expert, Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:22 PM

These are the details for marriage I found on the embassy website, the prices at the bottom might be different from area to area. Sorry if anything is repeated!Required Documents: Certificate of no impediment from the local registrar of marriages in the UK Birth certificate and passport A divorce or death certificate of previous spouse if married before Procedure: Application to the relevant consulate in Turkey (Izmir) to initiate the formalities. The certificate of non - impediment and certificate of identity and nationality obtained from the relevant consulate to be authenticated by the local Governor office in Turkey Application in person to the local marriage office together with the Turkish national to give notice of marriage, submit the certificates, complete necessary forms and fix a date for the marriage ceremony Other formalities to be pursued by Turkish fianc
Penny

Bir elin nesi var, iki elin sesi var

#2 lozengelegend

lozengelegend

• Altinkum
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

Penny, this is REALLY useful as I've kind of been putting off the technical stuff about getting married here (enough stress with my parents' initial reaction which was along the same lines you'd expect if I said I wanted to marry a member of the white slave trading association, & trying to plan a date around my family and friends' various commitments at home).Any idea how far in advance some of this preparation can be done? For example getting my non-impediment certificate from Izmir, blood tests & application to marry? From Jackie's experience it sounds like it might be a good idea to get some of this out the way sooner rather than later even though we will be staying in Turkey after we get married!Also, you mention applying to marry costs

#3 Penny

Penny

Dalaman Expert, Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hi LauraAll the info was off the Uk based Turkish government website. As for up to date prices, the best thing would be to go to your local Belideye and found out from them. I believe it varies from area to area!A lot of paperwork and medical/blood tests can be done earlier, which will make things easier as you are resident in Altinkum.As far as I know it's much easier if you live in Turkey, than coming from another country just for the marriage as Jackie did.Good luck in whatever you decide
Penny

Bir elin nesi var, iki elin sesi var

#4 lozengelegend

lozengelegend

• Altinkum
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

Thanks Penny! Will let you / the forum know how I get on....

#5 KangalKid

KangalKid

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

Hi Penny, this was the site that gave me all the information i needed , unfortuantely i had no one to ask except forthe odd bits and peices my solicitor gave me but her role was mainly for the visa appliation.i found this embassy information an absolutel asset.Jackiexx
Kind Regards

Kangal