Photo
- - - - -

Building Control Called For In Bodrum Area.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

Pouring concrete over a paradiseBODRUM - Once a tranquil town surrounded by uninhabited hills, Bodrum
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#2 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

I agree that buliding should be stopped or very carefully controlled, not just in Bodrum but along all the coastline of Turkey because really there is no need for new building as there are so many empty and unsold properties everywhere.

I also concur, where I live they are building multistorey apartment blocks one after another in the city, not satisfied with that as they are running out of room they are now building sometimes apartment blocks which can be up to 20 stories up in the hills. What I can't get my head around is why, why are they doing all this building, there are so so many empty apartment blocks that need filling first, so why are they now destroying the countryside with unwanted apartments that no one wants to buy.?

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#3 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

That is the question that needs answering very quicky before the whole coastline is made of concrete.

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#4 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

From today's Hurriet followed by an opinion article on the same subject.Government defends its Bodrum planISTANBUL - The plan to turn Bodrum into a national tourism center is still in the works, but the government has no intention of opening Turkish shores to construction, said the culture and tourism minister.Government defends its Bodrum plan Last month, the government declared the region on the Bodrum Peninsula that includes Yalıkavak, G

#5 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4072 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

In this article it looks as though official steps are being taken to stop some of the building, but what will happen to the buildings he has completed?

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#6 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

I wonder too. Will they pull them down and restore the land? I think not!If he is not severely punished for this others will copy him, and may have already done so.

#7 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:26 PM

I'll second that comment

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#8 sunonmars

sunonmars

Supreme Member

• Bodrum
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Oh don't get me started on the Gumuskaya area between Gumusluk and Yalikavak, its been decimated and ruined beyond belief with score after score of building and unfinished jobs.5 years ago this was all gorgeous mountain side, now look at it.

#9 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

Yesterday we had surveyors around where I live measuring the land across from us for housing. Cesme needs more houses like I need a hole in the head! :)

#10 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

Sunny, I got the impression it was very quiet and not much residential there?As someone living in Noise Valley, I feel for you of course but I think it'll be a good while until you reach our decibel level:)

#11 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

I bought this house because it was in a quiet, rural(ish) area and to be honest to live where you live Benh with all the noise and crowded buildings would be my worse nightmare.Arrrgh! My peace is about to be shattered, my visitors, including 4 year old German twins and 4 Adults have just returned back from the beach. So gotta go.

#12 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

I think one of the dangers with living in a quiet area is that people can come and build on it or move in under your windows (my case) with a disco. I hope it doesn't happen to you. Maybe they aren't definitely going to build near you or if they do it won't be that noisy?I hope you enjoy your day! If you need any help with German, I'm here :)

#13 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

Unfortunately, Benh, you are not 'here' but in the UK. We/they wanted a German speaking woman to help look after the little boys and to do some babysitting for a few evenings so that we could go out, but I asked everyone and put an ad in the paper to no avail. :)By the way Benh, when you want to put a smiley in, leave a gap after the last letter or punctuation before putting in the : and then you'll get a :) not a:) (yours above is a smiley cos I put a gap in for you. :) )

#14 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Why am I so untechnical these days? :) I do what you say but it never works :)Well even if I was back in Turkey it's quite a hike to where you live so I don't think I'd have been much use! We have a famous German school near where I live in Istanbul and there is a German community there too. Not only Germans go there of course!Don't leave a gap between the colon and the bracket only between the last letter or the last punctuation mark. Sunny. :)