• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 AliceWakefield

AliceWakefield

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

Somewhere on the forum, someone explained how to get to you tube. I thought it was in the computer corner but can't seem to find it with the search. Does anyone remember how to get to the you tube page? Thanks, Alice

#2 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4072 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Don't know about the post with the information Alice but you need to use a proxy server. Just type 'free proxy server' into google and you'll find lots of them. Simply click one and enter the the youtube url into the box and click ok.Some of them tell you they are youtube friendly on the google page too.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#3 RememberMeAlanya

RememberMeAlanya

Alanya Expert

• Alanya
  • 738 posts

Awards

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hi Alice,You mean www.beatfiltering.com ?This works, I already posted it in that other topic. Good luck! :D
Remember me restaurant/bar
Oba, Alanya/Antalya
(009)0242 5143109

#4 AliceWakefield

AliceWakefield

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Chris and Altemo. Has everyone seen the singing sensation from Britain at http://www.youtube.c...haxa_popt00us05

#5 RememberMeAlanya

RememberMeAlanya

Alanya Expert

• Alanya
  • 738 posts

Awards

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

You're welcome Alice :D I checked the link you posted : unbelievable, that womans voice! Really a pleasure listening at :P Thanks for sharing this, Alice ;)
Remember me restaurant/bar
Oba, Alanya/Antalya
(009)0242 5143109

#6 Angi

Angi

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

that woman has an amazing voice, just goes to proove you cant judge a book by its cover :D
if all else fails... SMILE.. it confuses the hell out of people

#7 Izzy24

Izzy24

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

that woman has an amazing voice, just goes to prove you cant judge a book by its cover :D

Took the words right out of my mouth....... It's not often I watch these sort of programs and did miss the actual episode....... everyone at work was talking about it though, so glad you put the link up Alice.... the woman doesn't even realise what an amazing voice she has.........
Take Care...... Debbie

#8 postiepete

postiepete

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Yes my wife & I watch Britains got talent & when she came out I thought oh my god this is bound to be terrible. I almost fell off my chair when she sang.But I still think she'll need a makeover despite her great voice lol.
Amp n' Decks Mobile Disco Karaoke UK

Visit My Website

#9 Angi

Angi

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

They will give her a new image Im sure, but wont this be a real shame? After all it was part of her charm.

#10 AliceWakefield

AliceWakefield

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:55 AM

I hope she resists a major make over. I think we need a reminder that talent is more important than glamor.PS I heard on You Tube that she had already been offered a recording contract.

#11 Angi

Angi

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

I hope she resists a major make over. I think we need a reminder that talent is more important than glamor.PS I heard on You Tube that she had already been offered a recording contract.

Definatly. There are to many people out there that have a nice face and no talent that rely on the skill of the recording studios to 'make them' .Apparently Susan has interest from all over the world, and this performance was the first, she hasnt even won yet,http://www.guardian....ains-got-talentand for those of you that think it was a one off song that suited her voice click belowhttp://www.dailyreco...86908-21283564/

#12 Ken

Ken

Kapıcı

• Antalya
  • 5499 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

If you want to use one of the (many) free proxy servers, you'll have to put up with adverts and have a somewhat limited viewing area. With our proxy, you'll have no adverts whatsoever, and you won't even notice you're using a proxy.We've bought a server in London and configured it as a proxy for expats in Turkey (or anybody else who wants to use it). It's called ExpatPass. With the Expat Pass proxy, you should be able to access any website in the World as if you were in London. If you want to use it, you can find more information about our proxy service, and sign up at www.expatpass.com.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***

#13 HobbitTR

HobbitTR

HobbitTR

• Kaş
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

Alice and others, OpenDNS is free and easy to use. Here is how it works, step by step: http://www.opendns.c...s-into-numbers/Simply change your DNS settings to their servers and no more YouTube blockages! http://www.opendns.c...tions/overview/OpenDNS has many other features as well. http://www.opendns.c...ions/household/Phishing protection is just one of them (Google it for details if you do not know what that is and why you should know what it is)Their support page recommends downloading a program for Windoze or Mac users that keeps your DNS updated. This is necessary because every time your DSL modem is shut off your IP number changes. The client software keeps you current with OpenDNS. Otherwise you are using the DNS servers of TTNET and that will get you blocked on a huge number of web sites, not just YouTube!If you have several computers on a private or business network, you can setup your ADSL router/modem) to use OpenDNS so that any computer which connects to the router/modem can take advantage of OpenDNS. Of course, if you are using a laptop and you use other modems, it is best to set up OpenDNS on the computer.I hope this helps.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it"--Mark Twain

#14 Ken

Ken

Kapıcı

• Antalya
  • 5499 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

If you only want YouTube, OpenDNS will work, as will the free proxies, but you can't watch some BBC programming with OpenDNS. You can with the ExpatPass proxy, because it's actually located in the UK. We also have optimized routes in out of Turkey, which means the least number of "hops" between servers along the way.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. ***

#15 Yellowcatt

Yellowcatt

Supreme Member

• Mersin
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

I signed up for the ExpatPass proxy yesterday but have still not had an email with a password. How long should it take?
Life is too short to drink instant coffee.

#16 Yellowcatt

Yellowcatt

Supreme Member

• Mersin
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

OK got the email now, thanks.
Life is too short to drink instant coffee.

#17 Tony07

Tony07

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Don't know about the post with the information Alice but you need to use a proxy server. Just type 'free proxy server' into google and you'll find lots of them. Simply click one and enter the the youtube url into the box and click ok.Some of them tell you they are youtube friendly on the google page too.

Thanks for that info..:D
May the Force be with you