Eating Istanbul

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 istanbulac

istanbulac

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hello All,I am a Black Sea food junky. Muhlama, black cabbage sarma, cornbread, hamsi bread, laz boregi.... I could keep going. Anyway, I read this really good review of a little dive restaurant in Beyoglu called Pera Sisore on a blog called www.istanbuleats.com great place, great food, great price!enjoy.

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11852 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

Thank you for that information Istanbulac I'm sure some of our Istanbul members will be interested and maybe pay the restaurant a visit.BTW Welcome to our forum. If you'd like to go to "Meet and Greet" then everyone can say "Hello" properly. :swoon2[1]:

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 RememberMeAlanya

RememberMeAlanya

Alanya Expert

• Alanya
  • 711 posts

Awards

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hello Istanbulac,Welcome to our forum.It sounds delicious :swoon2[1]: I am sure the members who are living in that area, will visit the restaurant :uhm[1]:
Remember me restaurant/bar
Oba, Alanya/Antalya
(009)0242 5143109

#4 zehra

zehra

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hello Istanbulac,Welcome to the forums, enjoy!.Talking about food in blacksea region means,talking about, cabbiage, corn, potatoes and hamsi,My word, what wouldn't they do with them; I mean,Cabbage; Cabbage soup, staffed cabbage, boiled and stir fried cabbage, pickeled cabbage, cabbage casserole(a dry dish)..Corn; corn flour(used in all soups and to fry things), crashed corn(in almost all dry dishes), corn on the cob,( boiled and barbecued in every household when the season comes) and "muhlama or kuymak"- It's more like thick B

#5 Addie

Addie

• Çeşme
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

We are going to Trabzon in May and Istanbul in June...I hope to be able to try some of this lovely sounding *nosh* while we are there!!! I make cornbread from a Turkish recipe...would like to see how the treal thing compares to mine. Thanks for the tip on the website....Addie

#6 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

Istanbulac - that restaurant is right near where I live - I live in Asmahlamescit .