Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inaltinkum

Have You Been Rippd Off In Turkey?

17 posts in this topic

My apologies for barging in like this, but I am a member of a group that is trying to stop the Tapu Scandal. Please Please have a look at our website.http://altinkum-ripped-off.webs.com/or for another example of what is happening to us in Altinkum.http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php...le&sid=2769Join us in our campaign and sign up.Regards

Hello Inaltinkum and welcome to this forum. A number of our members have been having problems with houses and Tapus and I'm sure they will be interested in your websites.Although Altikum is probably the worst area for these abuses I think that it also happens in other areas too. I'm glad to see that some of you are getting organised to fight for justice.

Hello InaltikumWelcome to this forum.Like Sunny already told you, some members have several problems with their tapu's etc.Good luck with everything! :birgits_coffee[1]:

Barging in? Are you kidding? Post this in the Altinkum forum or the property forum. We're behind you 100%. We also have a scams forum. Take your pick!Have I been ripped off in Turkey? Absolutely, multiple times. Post away.Oh and by the way, welcome!!! :birgits_coffee[1]: You've got friends and support here.

i think all people in turkey incuding turks are having problems with there tapus,if your tapu is,ticked kat itfifaki..then it has to be changed before the 7th october ,i think that is the date the date is ,or face 1,000 ytl find ..also the cost of the tapu change is between 500ytl and 800 ytl..if you go to this link it will give you more info http://rega.basbakanlik.gov.tr/eskil...20071128-1htm

Hi InaltinkumWelcomeI will pass your links on to friends I have living here sure they will join your campaign.Trace

G'day,

I wish you all the best, but please, PLEASE do get a good lawyer-solicitor regardless the extra cost..

Ripped off??

Me????

You bet!!!

Thankfully not as big as to hurt!!!

:birgits_coffee[1]:

Regard,

Hi Steve. I have just joined this forum. I tried the link that you gave, but alas, it is unobtainable. Is there anywhere else please. I dont think { !! } i have been ripped off, BUT i have been waiting for my tapu for nearly a year now. Any suggestions or advice, would be most welcome. Thanks

I also visited the link and signed the petition and then was taken to a site asking for money. It also said payment did not go to petition owners...............Now I have just received a load of spam in from Turkish mailings.I dont know if anyone else has had this happen.Sorry - i meant I had visited the Petition link not the one Steve gave which is as the previous persons says - a 404 unobtainable.

I never sign online petitions, they have no legal force, since anybody can fake an e-mail address and there is no legal signature. And I suspect that a lot of them are used to obtain e-mails for spam listings.

I was ripped off by an expat when I lived in Turkey. I would say my experiences have made me more cautious....you live and learn!

.. i would have to add this does not happen only in turkey :lol: , but worldwide as long as someone can make a buck somewere :D ...

Oh, absolutely, Steve. And even in Turkey, it's not just the Turks. I was cheated out of 6,000 USD from a Swede in Turkey. Strangely enough, Sweden is one of the least corrupt countries in the World. I considered this when I put my trust in this man. But alas, he cheated me out of everything I had at the time. Lesson? Be careful, no matter what country you're in, and no matter what country the person is from.

AbsolutelyThey have also taken my mental health from me.And if that isn't enough,l feel the the victim is punished far more then the criminal,because of what the victim has to pay out to seek justice and also there is no garrentee the criminal will turn up in court,leaving the victim to pay out even more money.

This is what l have found out if you haven't got your tapu yet.Did you know that after 3 years,the victim cannot bring a lawsuit against the builder from the date the property was handed over to you by the builder.Another smack in the mouth for the victim.

Always investigate why the tapu hasn't been issued after 6 months.You will find either it could be a ligitimate reason why it was delayed,but generally in my experience there is a hidden sinister side to why the tapu is delayed.Could it be to do with reaching the 3 year limit from the builder with feeble excuses so the client cannot sue.Just a thought.

l sure someone will come along and give me the correct answer

That is good information noname. Unfortunately, it seems at the moment that more and more people are going to find themselves having terrible problems with new builds as builders are going under at an alarming rate at the moment.One can only hope that something will be done sooner rather than later to put a stop to all of this.