Have You Been Rippd Off In Turkey?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 inaltinkum

inaltinkum

• Altinkum
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

My apologies for barging in like this, but I am a member of a group that is trying to stop the Tapu Scandal. Please Please have a look at our website. http://altinkum-ripped-off.webs.com/ or for another example of what is happening to us in Altinkum. http://www.voicesnew...p...le&sid=2769 Join us in our campaign and sign up. Regards
  • Allwhowanderarenotlost likes this

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11852 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hello Inaltinkum and welcome to this forum. A number of our members have been having problems with houses and Tapus and I'm sure they will be interested in your websites.Although Altikum is probably the worst area for these abuses I think that it also happens in other areas too. I'm glad to see that some of you are getting organised to fight for justice.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 RememberMeAlanya

RememberMeAlanya

Alanya Expert

• Alanya
  • 711 posts

Awards

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hello InaltikumWelcome to this forum.Like Sunny already told you, some members have several problems with their tapu's etc.Good luck with everything! :birgits_coffee[1]:
Remember me restaurant/bar
Oba, Alanya/Antalya
(009)0242 5143109

#4 Ken

Ken

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5117 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Barging in? Are you kidding? Post this in the Altinkum forum or the property forum. We're behind you 100%. We also have a scams forum. Take your pick!Have I been ripped off in Turkey? Absolutely, multiple times. Post away.Oh and by the way, welcome!!! :birgits_coffee[1]: You've got friends and support here.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. That's what our community is all about! ***

#5 Steve

Steve

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

i think all people in turkey incuding turks are having problems with there tapus,if your tapu is,ticked kat itfifaki..then it has to be changed before the 7th october ,i think that is the date the date is ,or face 1,000 ytl find ..also the cost of the tapu change is between 500ytl and 800 ytl..if you go to this link it will give you more info http://rega.basbakan.....20071128-1htm

#6 Turunc

Turunc

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hi InaltinkumWelcomeI will pass your links on to friends I have living here sure they will join your campaign.Trace

#7 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Welcome to our forum and hope that you are successful :birgits_coffee[1]:

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#8 jozsika

jozsika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

G'day,

I wish you all the best, but please, PLEASE do get a good lawyer-solicitor regardless the extra cost..

Ripped off??

Me????

You bet!!!

Thankfully not as big as to hurt!!!

:birgits_coffee[1]:

Regard,

#9 TurkiyeyiSeviyorum111

TurkiyeyiSeviyorum111

• PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

Extremely good idea as I have been ripped off plenty of times in Turkey!!!!! :)
=]

#10 supajimboafc

supajimboafc

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hi Steve. I have just joined this forum. I tried the link that you gave, but alas, it is unobtainable. Is there anywhere else please. I dont think { !! } i have been ripped off, BUT i have been waiting for my tapu for nearly a year now. Any suggestions or advice, would be most welcome. Thanks

#11 patmore

patmore

• PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

I also visited the link and signed the petition and then was taken to a site asking for money. It also said payment did not go to petition owners...............Now I have just received a load of spam in from Turkish mailings.I dont know if anyone else has had this happen.Sorry - i meant I had visited the Petition link not the one Steve gave which is as the previous persons says - a 404 unobtainable.

#12 Ken

Ken

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5117 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:38 AM

I never sign online petitions, they have no legal force, since anybody can fake an e-mail address and there is no legal signature. And I suspect that a lot of them are used to obtain e-mails for spam listings.

***   Want to do more to help? Then click follow_this_forum.png at the top right of any forum about a topic or place you know about.  You'll get an e-mail alert and an opportunity to help others in need. That's what our community is all about! ***

#13 Yasemin

Yasemin

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I was ripped off by an expat when I lived in Turkey. I would say my experiences have made me more cautious....you live and learn!

#14 Steve

Steve

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:36 AM

.. i would have to add this does not happen only in turkey :lol: , but worldwide as long as someone can make a buck somewere :D ...

#15 Ken

Ken

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5117 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

Oh, absolutely, Steve. And even in Turkey, it's not just the Turks. I was cheated out of 6,000 USD from a Swede in Turkey. Strangely enough, Sweden is one of the least corrupt countries in the World. I considered this when I put my trust in this man. But alas, he cheated me out of everything I had at the time. Lesson? Be careful, no matter what country you're in, and no matter what country the person is from.

#16 noname

noname

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

AbsolutelyThey have also taken my mental health from me.And if that isn't enough,l feel the the victim is punished far more then the criminal,because of what the victim has to pay out to seek justice and also there is no garrentee the criminal will turn up in court,leaving the victim to pay out even more money.

This is what l have found out if you haven't got your tapu yet.Did you know that after 3 years,the victim cannot bring a lawsuit against the builder from the date the property was handed over to you by the builder.Another smack in the mouth for the victim.

Always investigate why the tapu hasn't been issued after 6 months.You will find either it could be a ligitimate reason why it was delayed,but generally in my experience there is a hidden sinister side to why the tapu is delayed.Could it be to do with reaching the 3 year limit from the builder with feeble excuses so the client cannot sue.Just a thought.

l sure someone will come along and give me the correct answer

#17 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

That is good information noname. Unfortunately, it seems at the moment that more and more people are going to find themselves having terrible problems with new builds as builders are going under at an alarming rate at the moment.One can only hope that something will be done sooner rather than later to put a stop to all of this.

Edited by Abi, 22 November 2009 - 10:08 PM.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson