Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

pleased he finally got his t-shirt :Dpapers returned - that is a bit strangexx

#22 zehra

zehra

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

We have various tariffs for posting in/out of Turkey..Ordinary posting(normal posta): Lasts forever :drunk[1]:(normally 2-4 weeks) or gets lost sometimes

#23 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11853 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

Zehra thanks for that comprehensive information about postal choices.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#24 KKW

KKW

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:42 AM

We've lived in Turkey for 5 years and Mrs KKW runs a business on Ebay. She's sent and received hundreds of parcels from suppliers and to customers all over the world. Only one package has ever gone missing in all that time.

#25 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11853 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:21 AM

That's very interesting and reassuring KKW. Does she use any particular choice of mail?Welcome to the forum bye the way, if you'd like to go to 'Meet and Greet' to say 'hello' ,we can give you a proper welcome.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#26 KKW

KKW

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

For all outgoing post we use the PTT's signed for service.For inbound, we leave it to the sellers to use whichever postal service they want to.

#27 screamlead

screamlead

Screamlead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:10 PM

Just got a letter delivered all the way from the british TAX Office - lol was sent out on 19 may and arrived 5th Jun so not bad going there. Just as a matter of interest anybody had anything sent or bought anything off ebay over here? What i mean is Ebay uk and sent out here? i have just ordered something via Ebay US so i will see if it arrives. But there is also an Ebay type of online bidding website here too in turkish anybody used that one?? Heres the link for it - - http://www.gittigidi...te_haritasi.php Using the google translator does quite a decent job of it too it will translate the whole page. Regards Scream

#28 screamlead

screamlead

Screamlead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Heres an update for you all - Items bought on ebay - never arrived in Turkey - item resent by seller to Uk address from USA - arrived no problem.Another order bought on ebay sent to UK from malaysia arrived no problem - i also sent the same one to Turkey with malaysia registered mail - guess what - not arrived - yet !! will keep you updated.Just been on the PTT site and stuck in a complaint so i will see if i get an answer from them.The postal service out here is a complete joke! I have sent loads of things to the Uk but i always insist on airmail and they all seem to arrive ok and on time - ish but nothing i get sent out here ever arrives.No idea whether its downright incompetence, stealing or useless staff its down right annoying in this day and age for mail to go missing - someone at the top of PTT meeds a serious gripping!!!They used to manage to send out the 'bills' on time they never go missing - reminds me of if you owe them anything they are on you like flies but they owe you and they all disappear!!!Not a happy bunny at allScream

#29 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

I have to send manuscripts home from TR to the UK now so I think I'll use PTT's recorded delivery. My Turkish friends have used it and they say it's ok.

#30 jozsika

jozsika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

G'day Screamlead, Strange! From e-bay; --İonic-pro air purifier from USA (large packet--cost me 2 TL) --Automatic TV volume controller X4, From USA --Microscope X2, from USA, ( cost me 2TL) --Registered mail from Australia (Twice) Had no problems. On PTT site it shows "0 cost" so I got no idea why they charged me for but hey, I don't give a s*it.. Looks like the value - weight is important. Turkish PTT has a site that you can follow the progres of your goods if you got the dispatch number. http://www.ptt.gov.tr/ All you have to do is put your barcode no where it says: " Yurti

#31 screamlead

screamlead

Screamlead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

hi jozsikabeen there did that - i put the malaysian code in and nothing came upIf theres a problem with mail surely it is up to PTT to contact us noth the other way round - i just cant work it out.CheersScream

#32 jozsika

jozsika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Sent PM.

Regards,

#33 Meral

Meral

Supreme Member

• Çeşme
  • 2139 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

We asked our local village post office about an important letter my daughter was expecting from the UK --- the 2 young guys working there were very amenable and promised to let us know. Sure enough, the very next day they phoned to say it had arrived. Not bad for service !A lot of our mail used to disappear when sent by ordinary post, but these days we seem to get most of it (not that there's much!). ^_^
I am fairly certain that
Given a Cape and a nice Tiara
I could save the world.
........................ Author Unknown

#34 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

Joz, what about stuff sent the other way i.e. from TR to the UK or elsewhere? Or have you just had experience of stuff sent to TR?

#35 jozsika

jozsika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

G'day,

All the registered mail I've sent, been received. I never send them with ordinary post.

The common requests from my friends were belly dancers (cute ones-they did ask)

They got through customs no problems, but nabbed by Immigration people.

Shame!

Really, I didn't sent any packages, it is the other way around.

Besides Benh, your lawyer friends should post letters for you, they will never get lost then.

:D :drunk[1]:

Regards,

#36 Lucid

Lucid

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

i have often got post thats been resealed but nothing taken and mainly due to fact brown packs have split....or so it seems....i think if they were checked by customs they have different stamp on them. i buy stuff off uk ebay sometimes and get it posted to mums (uk) and she forwards it normal 1st class. my husband went to meet our local postie and now we get it all come to our house and we always use both our turkish names on post (people dont wanna pee him off as he wont give them credit otherwise! new trick).....and that seemed to help...shouldnt say so but maybe its not relevant!! when i had stuff go to the local shop elsewhere in my name it often didnt arrive or it was opened and left so anyone in theory could pick it up.once a boy took my post and came to find my family members to give it to me...(he didnt know me but saw me at the local kids park apparently n sussed me out) i may have put this on the forum b4 ages ago.....if was full of condoms (longstory) so im glad he didnt open it or my family members!! puffy packs help and so does living near a main post office and they get familiar with you. As for post to UK. if i send 10 letters maybe 8 arrive and some have taken 3 weeks. only sent one pack once and that arrived but months later. i may have said already i once got a christmas card here in turkey from uk 1 yr later.....comic.

#37 benhalterci

benhalterci

Supreme Member

• Istanbul
  • 1420 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

Joz, not all my friends are Turkish lawyers - some of them are anarchists:))

#38 Lucid

Lucid

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

and we know the kind thing they put through ya letter box....doh watch out or if they cant find ya letter box no doubt through ya window...teehee

#39 saffie

saffie

• Marmaris
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

http://www.turkeycen...tyle_emoticons/default/huh.gif Still waiting for my daughters Wedding DVD to arrive....... It was posted in May?? Expect she will have two kids by the time I get it!!

#40 jozsika

jozsika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

Joz, not all my friends are Turkish lawyers - some of them are anarchists:))

http://www.turkeycen...tyle_emoticons/default/hysterical[1].gif :)

No wonder they are blowing up your letters by remote control!

Wrong acquaintances!

:) :drunk[1]:

Regards,