Buncase

Turkish Postal Service

79 posts in this topic

For all outgoing post we use the PTT's signed for service.For inbound, we leave it to the sellers to use whichever postal service they want to.

Just got a letter delivered all the way from the british TAX Office - lol was sent out on 19 may and arrived 5th Jun so not bad going there.Just as a matter of interest anybody had anything sent or bought anything off ebay over here?What i mean is Ebay uk and sent out here? i have just ordered something via Ebay US so i will see if it arrives.But there is also an Ebay type of online bidding website here too in turkish anybody used that one??Heres the link for it - - http://www.gittigidiyor.com/servisler/site_haritasi.phpUsing the google translator does quite a decent job of it too it will translate the whole page.RegardsScream

Heres an update for you all - Items bought on ebay - never arrived in Turkey - item resent by seller to Uk address from USA - arrived no problem.Another order bought on ebay sent to UK from malaysia arrived no problem - i also sent the same one to Turkey with malaysia registered mail - guess what - not arrived - yet !! will keep you updated.Just been on the PTT site and stuck in a complaint so i will see if i get an answer from them.The postal service out here is a complete joke! I have sent loads of things to the Uk but i always insist on airmail and they all seem to arrive ok and on time - ish but nothing i get sent out here ever arrives.No idea whether its downright incompetence, stealing or useless staff its down right annoying in this day and age for mail to go missing - someone at the top of PTT meeds a serious gripping!!!They used to manage to send out the 'bills' on time they never go missing - reminds me of if you owe them anything they are on you like flies but they owe you and they all disappear!!!Not a happy bunny at allScream

I have to send manuscripts home from TR to the UK now so I think I'll use PTT's recorded delivery. My Turkish friends have used it and they say it's ok.

G'day Screamlead,Strange!From e-bay;--İonic-pro air purifier from USA (large packet--cost me 2 TL)--Automatic TV volume controller X4, From USA--Microscope X2, from USA, ( cost me 2TL)--Registered mail from Australia (Twice)Had no problems.On PTT site it shows "0 cost" so I got no idea why they charged me for but hey, I don't give a s*it..Looks like the value - weight is important.Turkish PTT has a site that you can follow the progres of your goods if you got the dispatch number.http://www.ptt.gov.tr/ All you have to do is put your barcode no where it says: " Yurti

hi jozsikabeen there did that - i put the malaysian code in and nothing came upIf theres a problem with mail surely it is up to PTT to contact us noth the other way round - i just cant work it out.CheersScream

We asked our local village post office about an important letter my daughter was expecting from the UK --- the 2 young guys working there were very amenable and promised to let us know. Sure enough, the very next day they phoned to say it had arrived. Not bad for service !A lot of our mail used to disappear when sent by ordinary post, but these days we seem to get most of it (not that there's much!). ^_^

Joz, what about stuff sent the other way i.e. from TR to the UK or elsewhere? Or have you just had experience of stuff sent to TR?

G'day,

All the registered mail I've sent, been received. I never send them with ordinary post.

The common requests from my friends were belly dancers (cute ones-they did ask)

They got through customs no problems, but nabbed by Immigration people.

Shame!

Really, I didn't sent any packages, it is the other way around.

Besides Benh, your lawyer friends should post letters for you, they will never get lost then.

:D:drunk[1]:

Regards,

i have often got post thats been resealed but nothing taken and mainly due to fact brown packs have split....or so it seems....i think if they were checked by customs they have different stamp on them. i buy stuff off uk ebay sometimes and get it posted to mums (uk) and she forwards it normal 1st class. my husband went to meet our local postie and now we get it all come to our house and we always use both our turkish names on post (people dont wanna pee him off as he wont give them credit otherwise! new trick).....and that seemed to help...shouldnt say so but maybe its not relevant!! when i had stuff go to the local shop elsewhere in my name it often didnt arrive or it was opened and left so anyone in theory could pick it up.once a boy took my post and came to find my family members to give it to me...(he didnt know me but saw me at the local kids park apparently n sussed me out) i may have put this on the forum b4 ages ago.....if was full of condoms (longstory) so im glad he didnt open it or my family members!! puffy packs help and so does living near a main post office and they get familiar with you. As for post to UK. if i send 10 letters maybe 8 arrive and some have taken 3 weeks. only sent one pack once and that arrived but months later. i may have said already i once got a christmas card here in turkey from uk 1 yr later.....comic.

Joz, not all my friends are Turkish lawyers - some of them are anarchists:))

and we know the kind thing they put through ya letter box....doh watch out or if they cant find ya letter box no doubt through ya window...teehee

Still waiting for my daughters Wedding DVD to arrive.......It was posted in May?? Expect she will have two kids by the time I get it!!

Joz, not all my friends are Turkish lawyers - some of them are anarchistssmile.png)

No wonder they are blowing up your letters by remote control!

Wrong acquaintances!

I think you'd better ask for another copy of the DVD Saffie and get it sent by registered mail.Only 2 kids ? :crying[1]:

I'll have to post on here more often...........the DVD arrived this afternoon in tact and am now enjoying seeing all the wedding pics.Did someone tip off the PTT I was complaining?? :)

There we are, another triumph for TC! :)

I'll have to post on here more often...........

You know it makes sense Saffie. :)

This is a topic where I can share my experiences with. :) Basic information first: I live in Thailand. In February, I sent a book to a friend in Turkey by air mail service, non-registered. Normally, it takes a couple of weeks for airmail parcel to arrive in U.K. or U.S.A. It took about a month before my friend received that book. I did not ask whether it was delivered to him or he went to claim it from the post office.Then in May, I sent my old cell phone to this friend by EMS, which in a way is courier service but is less expensive than famous international companies such as FedEx, UPS or DHL. Packages sent through EMS service would be handled by PTT at Turkey's end. (The service is handled by Thailand Postal Service as well.) The parcel reached Turkey in 3 days as it should be. It was forwarded to the large postal center near my friend lives few days after it arrived in Istanbul. Unfortunately, neither my friend nor me knew before I sent it that sending cell phone to Turkey is prohibited. The package was then returned to me by surface mail. It took about a month before I received the phone, which is pretty much what I expected. I was impressed when I saw the box. Someone at PTT sealed the box with PTT sticky tape to make sure that the box would not fall apart (or wouldn't be opened??). As if sticky tape would not be enough, the box was shrink-wrapped. It came back to me in even better condition than when it left Thailand.I still wonder whether people at PTT already opened the box or they knew because I declared on the box what the content was. It's hard to tell if they opened the box because they sealed it quite well. I have read this thread before so I was relieved when I found that both the book and the phone arrived at Turkey. I was more restless waiting for return of the phone. No, I was not worried about the Turkish part. I was worried that someone at Thailand Postal Office would keep my phone. :birthday[1]: That happens sometimes. Normally, postal service here is quick and reliable but I have never received something I ordered over the Internet before. (Only once out of ten shipments so far.)

oooer!! = = Have a look - am i right in thinking this has now got to Kemer?? Hope its the right Kemer -Fethiye one??CEVAP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Barkod No : RR109510193MY Detay : Kabul Yeri :

G'day,

You are on a winner roll.

Almost there, have been sent to Kemer, in Muğla.

There is only one Kemer in Muğla, as far as I know..

Give them a few days and ask for it!

:):birthday[1]:

Regards,

Thanks Joz,However there are three PTT Kemers listed on the PTT sites under local offices - Mugla.i thought this code or numbers may mean which one? = KEMER, 00161 - 48102 ie like a banks branch code or something?Cheers scream

G'day Scream,Which one are you?Or you are close to?TR 48 54 52 8 KARA