• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VillaOlivio

VillaOlivio

Hotel Owner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

In datca you can find really nice untouched bays with excellent sand beaches!When we were there last summer, we drove to one of them between mesudiye and palamutbuke and have a very relaxing day.....without any other people.So when you go to Datca, consider to take some time to go to the beach!!!

#2 JK1

JK1

Supreme Member

• Marmaris
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

I believe there are 52 coves and beaches on the Datca peninsula, some can only be reached by boat or a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Over the last 15 years I have been to many but not all of them. There are not many truly sandy beaches there, most are pebble but I prefer that. The sandiest one is at Karaincir but as you would expect that does get quite busy in high season. I spend a lot of time on the beautiful beach at Gebekum where there is gravelly sand. The dunes there are teaming with rare plants and wildlife, some species only found in that area. At the moment the beautiful white lilies are blooming. There are also many pieces of amphora to be found as this was once a major wine producing region. Some of it is protected but sadly there has been some building. Last week I saw for the first time the new wind turbines that have been built on the land behind the beach. I find them very ugly but no doubt this kind of energy production is better for the environment. This stretch of beach is great for windsurfing and recently kite surfing has arrived. My husband is a fanatical wind surfer and so this is why we chose Datca for our second home. It is a very windy place.