6 replies to this topic

#1 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image
The many statues of Antalya can serve as an itinerary that allows one to see other sights along the way to Hadrian’s Gate and the old city.

(PHOTOS DORIN LUCAS)

.........The modern city has grown out from its old and historic center, leaving almost all of the most interesting tourist sights within an easy walk from the city center. All are connected by a network of broad, paved sidewalks, channeling a constant stream of Antalyans (and tourists) going about their daily lives. For people watchers, this parade of humanity is an attraction in itself as it constantly changes from minute to minute and is seldom dull. Taking advantage of this passing throng, the city has raised these sidewalks to a new level by converting them into an open air art exhibit.......

More

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11853 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Like the statue but wish that they had photos of the others.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 jacklepet71

jacklepet71

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

these statues are the imitatıons of other overseas countries Posted Image

#4 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Unforuntely there aren't any phot's

Part 2

Depending on how far along you want to walk, you will find in Antalya several more isolated statues of street musicians performing various instrument, and, although well executed, they suffer from their isolation and by themselves seem unable to relate to an audience. If they were possibly relocated as a group somewhere, they would have more impact and artistic presence.

The last of the statues, the amphibian concert, can be found further down toward the sea on the opposite side of the street, near the sports stadium. This unique grouping is another favorite tourist attraction and shows a collection of musical frogs with their admiring audience. Here again is an interactive piece of art, enabling passers-by to join in with the frogs and have their pictures taken.......

More

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#5 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Super Mod
  • 3989 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Here are a few more that I took earlier in the year.

Statue1.JPG

This guy is collecting money from a bank ATM, not what it first looks like.

Statue2.JPG

Statue3.JPG

• jacklepet71 likes this

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#6 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Glad you made that comment about photo 1 Cuker as I did think he was doing something else. hehe

#7 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11853 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

And me! :D

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.