Average Wait For Settlement Visas?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 leyla79

leyla79

• PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi Everyone,Can anyone tell me what the average current wait is for a spouse settlement visa. My husband put in his application 9 weeks ago in Istanbul but we haven't heard anything and they haven't contacted me.We have a 1 year old daughter that he now hasn't seen for 3 months as we used to live in Turkey but I came back first to find a job hoping it would help his application.This wait is really starting to cause a lot of stress for us. So was just wondering how long other people have had to wait and if they have been contacted at all to verify the application.Thanks.

#2 cheechee

cheechee

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi LeylaWhen my husband applied for his in 2010 we waited 12 weeks, but I am not sure what the waiting time is like now. I understand how difficult it is waiting on the reply, but hang in there and hopfully you will soon be back together.Good luck

#3 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi Leyla, My husband applied 9 weeks ago aswell and we still haven't heard anything. I haven't been contacted by the embassy either and what's worse is I'm due to give birth to our first child any day now. I really thought we would hear something today but still nothing. I will let you know as soon as we do and if you could do the same it would be great. Does anyone know if their emails always come in the morning or could it be in the afternoon aswell? Thanks xx
  • roxystanford likes this

#4 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yes it can be the afternoon as well.

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#5 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thank you :)

#6 roxystanford

roxystanford

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hi yes we applied 9 weeks ago too...and still nothing. When we applied for our visit visa via worldbridge we had no phonecall....so not expecting one..just docs sent thru post and an sms to my husband telling him this....we reckon maybe October all u can do is wait. ..

#7 leyla79

leyla79

• PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Thanks everyone for your posts. I will update you if I hear anything.

#8 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Grrr it's so frustrating waiting! 45 working days & still nothing :(Anyone else heard anything? xx

#9 leyla79

leyla79

• PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Nope still waiting too :-(. Everyday feels like forever at the mo!

#10 Aston

Aston

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

The UK Border Agency state on their website that 95 per cent of settlement applications are processed within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date. They define 1 week as 5 working days. I hope you all hear very soon,

#11 roxystanford

roxystanford

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Still nothingness. ...if they refuse our settlement visa can we appeal it if so how much.....I really thinking the worse now I married a year now and yet still to start proper married life...sos people I on a downer today

#12 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hiya, yes you can appeal if they refuse the visa, but God willing they won't. We still haven't heard anything either & I know it's hard to stay strong, but try & think positive. Like one poster said here recently & as the saying goes - no news is good news! Hang in there, ur not alone. Just think what it must feel like for a first time mum to give birth without her husband but that's my situation. Hopefully we will all have some good news soon! :)

#13 roxystanford

roxystanford

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Sorry bout the winge and god yes it must be hard for u wen are u due? I hope all of us get a yes everything crossed for the next few weeks...

#14 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm due on the 12th but it could also be any time before then. Don't apologise, honestly I'm worse than u - i feel so anxious and depressed most of the time - I really thot he would be here when I'm due to give birth, but we shall wait & see. It's nice to have u all to chat to, makes this whole visa situation less lonely :)Just keep thinking that we could honestly hear back any day :)
  • Newatthis likes this

#15 fifibuffet

fifibuffet

Expert Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

I really hope your husband makes it here for the birth you never know you might get your status change tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you! We applied on the 6th so hoping to hear next week but it will probably be the week after. Wish it did not have to take so long especially as there is no guarantee of a yes.

#16 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hi fifibuffet, My husband applied on the 2nd so nearly 10 weeks for us. I will contact them if I don't hear by 12 weeks. Thanks for ur words of hope, it really means alot. As my husband is from Iran they gave him his passport back the same day and said that we will contact you to return your passport once a decision is made. Still nothing - no contact at all. Once they do contact, he will have to return to Istanbul & wait 48 hrs to receive his decision. I can't even imagine if they refuse him God forbid, really hope we all get a yes! Also the staff at worldbridge said they would send him an SMS once they wanted him to return his passport, but I just don't think that's reliable seeing as he's in Iran. I have tried emailing them asking if they could email us instead and all I get is riddled answers. Just hoping we hear back before the 12 week mark & no interviews are needed!

#17 roxystanford

roxystanford

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hands up if ur fed up of checking worldbridge website....
  • sura81, leyla79 and xpinkflowerx like this

#18 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Lol haha, me me!! Both my hands are up!! ;)

#19 Aston

Aston

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

MSprincess may I ask a question? Why did you wait until you were so far along in your pregnancy to make the settlement application? I don't mean to pry or be nasty. I was just wondering about the circumstances that bought about the separation from your husband at a time when you really need him. Hope you do't mind my question.Posted Image

#20 MSprincess

MSprincess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hi Aston, We were purchasing a house in the UK and needed to show that for the accommodation evidence in our application. Unfortunately the sellers' solicitors kept delaying the paperwork and it took way longer than expected. The day it finalised was the day we applied. Also I wasn't planning to give birth without my husband - I have been living with him in Iran & was going to give birth there but as the British embassy is now closed in Tehran we wouldn't have been able to register our baby's birth there or get him his passport so I had no choice but to fly to the UK in the hopes that hubby would make it in time. If I could travel right now, I would get on the next flight and give birth with him by my side, but I can't & we both had to think of our baby's future. We honestly didn't think it would take this long.