• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

The inner Aegean province of Afyonkarahisar has banned the sale and consumption of alcohol in public places, citing the interests of the “public good,” daily Hürriyet reported this morning.

The ban, the first of its kind in Turkey, followed a statement by Health Minister Recep Akdağ on fighting against alcohol as well as smoking.....
More

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11868 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Sounds a bit drastic.
ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.

#3 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

I didn't know anything about this place until I posted the article. This is what I found out More,It would be a shame if the ban on alcohol has an adverse effect on tourism as there seems to be a lot to see in the area, I have included a link which shows places of interest. I would like to go there one day,

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

#4 Abi

Abi

Puppy Guardian

• Çeşme
  • 11389 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Update to articleMore

#5 Cukurbagli

Cukurbagli

I'm on the sunny side of the street.

• Kaş
  • 4073 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Occasionally I wish Kas did the same. Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average around here.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

#6 IbrahimAbi

IbrahimAbi

Supreme Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Afyon KH is an incredible place, history based on poppies, Afyon still is the arabic word for heroin. Great place for tourists to visit.kara hisar means black fortreess, and it is well worth seeing.but we need a drink.We often used to stop on the way down from Istanbul, maybe now we will keep goingI fear that this is the way that the current government will proceed.

#7 lindylou

lindylou

Supreme Member

• Fethiye
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

Abi, thanks for link about Afyon,looks a fabulous place to explore.

#8 aine

aine

Supreme Member

• Alanya
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

[*]Whats the problem you cannot drink in parks and the street in most Uk cities and İ for one agree. Don't want drunks on the street or public parks. You can still drink in cafe and restaurants.
    [/list]

#9 dande

dande

• Çeşme
  • 1382 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

[*]Whats the problem you cannot drink in parks and the street in most Uk cities and İ for one agree. Don't want drunks on the street or public parks. You can still drink in cafe and restaurants.
    [/list]

Yes, I totally agree, aine. Excellent decision.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page" (St. Augustine)