If you own or operate a businesses in Turkey, you are important to our membership, because you have much knowledge about the city or town where you live, issues pertaining to your field of business, and how things work in Turkey. You are very welcome here.
There is a certain way things are done here with our business members. If you are willing to be a member of our community and help others, you will do well. Many business owners have. With this system, we get quality information, and businesses get marketing exposure. But you have to be willing to market your business "indirectly." If you are willing to do this, here are the ways to do it properly:
1. Don't Market Yourself in the Forum Topics. No marketing or links to your business's website in the forum posts is allowed. Our members want this forum to be a place where they can read objective information, free of advertising or hidden agendas. There are other ways to market yourself... read on...
2. Set Up Your Personal Profile. You will need to make two posts before you can edit your profile***. When you post information and a member wants to learn more about you or your business, they will look at your personal profile. It is a very good idea to have some information there for them. You can include more information about yourself, including a photo if you want (recommended). You can also synchronize with your Facebook or Twitter accounts there. You can find your profile by clicking on your user name at the upper right of the forums.
3. Set Up Your Signature Block. You will need to make two posts before you can edit your signature block***. You MAY provide your personal or business information, including a link to your website, in your signature block. It is like handing out your business card, or "kart visit," every time you post helpful information. Your signature block will automatically be included below every post you make. Banners are only allowed for members of the local experts or professionals' group, and then only after the member demonstrates that he or she is here to objectively assist members. "Me too" posts, that is, posts which only say "good post!" "I agree!" or something obviously made just to get the signature block to display for free links are subject to deletion.
4. Don't Push It. If you are willing to objectively help members with various problems in your area of expertise, without having a purely marketing agenda, you will soon become a respected member of our community, and your posts, if they are good ones, will remain here for a long time (as well as the link in your signature block).
5. Subscribe to the Forums You Participate in. You can do this by clicking the "Watch This Forum" link at the upper left of the forums. For example, if you are a property agent, subscribe to the property forums. If you are a travel agent, subscribe to the travel forums. By doing this, every time someone makes a new post,you will receive an e-mail, and you can reply with assistance if you want to. And again, your contact info and a link to your website, contained in your signature block, will automatically appear below every post you make.
6. Do Not Use the Personal Message System for Business Leads or for Self Promotion. It is okay to contact a member if they want to be contacted. If they don't ask you to contact them, this may be considered spamming.
We can always use your business expertise in these forums, Doing Business in Turkey, and Opening and Running a Turkish Business.
This Method DOES Work. Many business owners, who have provided helpful information to our members without blatantly promoting themselves, have gotten requests for their product or service even years after they posted their information. If you are willing to be patient, and willing to put helping others ahead of blatantly promoting your business, you'll probably find that this indirect method is even better.
Other Ways to Market Your Business. If your business is located in Turkey, and has English content, you can submit a link to it to the Links Directory. If you are selling items or property on a more short-term basis, you can submit them to our free Classified Advertising Section.
As you can see, we have many ways to connect people to businesses. We hope you'll become a regular, contributing member of the Turkey Central community as a result!
*** You will not be able to edit your profile or signature block, or use the personal message system until you have made two posts. This is an anti-spam measure, since spammers often abuse these privileges. Once you have made two posts, you will automatically be promoted to full membership.
This topic is closed, since it was only meant to provide guidelines for business owners and not be a discussion topic. If you would like to discuss the guidelines, please open another topic under this forum.
Guidelines For Our Business Owners
No replies to this topic