Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yalnizim

New Property Law - Ferdi Iskan

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Dear Someone KnowledgeableIs FERDI ISKAN same as YAPI KULLANMA IZIN BELGESI?I need one to up-date the Kat Irtifakli Tapu > Kat Mulkiyetli. The Estate Agent says that after getting the Irtifakli Tapu, I can apply for having it converted to Kat Mulkiyetli !! Is this true?Since the building has only a Genel Iskan Belgesi ... I am told that FERDI ISKAN is needed for up-dating Irtifakli to Mulkiyetli.Under New Property Law it is necessary to accomplish this step.

Yalnizim likes this

I can't answer your question as I'm not aware of any new laws. I know that after General Iskan ferdi iskan is the next step. I'm not sure what your problem is really, is it that you don't believe what the emlak is telling you?. If that is the case I really suggest that you consult with a lawyer as at the end of the day we can only provide you with information and that should always be double checked by someone who is a professional especially when it is dealing with purchases. The reason for saying that is because whilst we do our best to help we may not always be uptodate especially where Turkish law is concerned.. Whilst we do have lawyers on the forum from time to time they tend to be very busy so we don't get them on the forum very often.I'm sorry that I can't help you any further with this particular question. Maybe someone else can help.

I can't answer your question as I'm not aware of any new laws. I know that after General Iskan ferdi iskan is the next step. I'm not sure what your problem is really, is it that you don't believe what the emlak is telling you?. If that is the case I really suggest that you consult with a lawyer as at the end of the day we can only provide you with information and that should always be double checked by someone who is a professional especially when it is dealing with purchases. The reason for saying that is because whilst we do our best to help we may not always be uptodate especially where Turkish law is concerned.. Whilst we do have lawyers on the forum from time to time they tend to be very busy so we don't get them on the forum very often.I'm sorry that I can't help you any further with this particular question. Maybe someone else can help.

Thank you for the help SZ. What I really wanted to know was whether Ferdi Iskan is the same as Yapi Kullanma Izin Belgesi !! The reason being that these terms are not understood by us 'mortals' > it is not a matter of trust, sometimes Estate Agents are just as ignorant of legal changes as lay people.I was confused because the Estate Agent was referring to FERDI ISKAN while people on the Forum are refrring to Yapi Kullanma Izin document ... Thank you, you have now seolved my problem.I appreciate wonderful help you are providing for 'us' lot. I am sure we are all very greatful to have this Forum ... I can assure everyone that there are very few [if any] other Forums that one can access with great degree of confidence.THANK you SZ
Yalnizim likes this

I've just asked Mr sunny about this and he says that Ferdi Iskan is the same as Yapi Kullanma Izin Belgesi.

Thank you for your appreciation. We do our best to help people where possible, we have some excellent members who are willing to spare the time to reply to questions and share their knowledge.

Hurrah for Mr Sunny with a definite answer which will make Yllnizin very happy, Sorry your answer was a long time coming but thanks to Mr Sunny you got the answer. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Learn Turkish with Free Podcasts
  • Businesses

• Similar Content

• By Yalnizim
      Dear members, thank you all for helping me in recent days. I have been through lot of mental stress due to combination of ignorance and confusing terminology. I want to thank you by sharing my experience to aliviate other peoples stress ... especially when buying a New Built Property [2011 onwards].1) Try and deal directly with the developer ... you will save yourself lot of money. But, sometimes Emlak agents cannot be avoided. A good agent is worth a lot ... a bad one, pure hell and hindrance. BEFORE YOU PART WITH ONE PENNY >>>2) Get Tapu copy, make sure to get Tapu details and match them with the map, noting down land marks [this will help you later]3) It will [most probably] be an Irtifakli tapu [do not worry]4) Get a copy of **Genel Iskan Belgesi document ... examine it for proper 'Stamps' at the bottom. Match the Ada, Pafta and Parsel numbers with the Tapu. [THIS IS THE ONE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT]5) If the sale is via a Power of Attorney ... examine it, match it with the person's Kimlik [iD Card] ... take photo copies.6) Go down to the Belediye ... 'Iskan Department' [or equivalent depending on the Belediye] ... you can find this out from the Information Desk. Ask to see a suitable person in that department ... present the Tapu and Genel Iskan Belgesi ... and verify that Genel Iskan Belgesi is in order. The clerk will tell you this within minutes. Verbally ask the person 'After getting the Kat Irtifakli Tapu, can I get Ferdi Iskan & Kat Mulkiyet Tapu for this particular property?' [Just get a verbal answer at this stage]7) With the department dealing with Tapu, you can also find out if there is a 'Debt' on it [verbal info only]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Congratulations you have accomplished more than half xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNow you are in a position to make written agreements and pay deposits so that you can apply for Military Permission.When the permission comes through, In my case it took exactly 6 weeks, but it can take up to 12 [Antalya]. In Antalya you can get a good Tapu Takip person for 500TL [about £150] to chase it for you.Get the Deprem Sigorta [Earthquake Insurance] go down to Belediye. You can now get [the dreaded] Kat Irtifakli Tapu ... almost the same day.Because you have ascertained that the *Genel Iskan Belgesi is OK, you can immediately apply for Ferdi Iskan and Kat Mulkiyet Tapu. Depending on the size of the flat, expect to pay about 500TL more.You can now frame your Tapu ... and get all the utilities [except land telephone].Note: Genel Iskan Belgesi is also known as 'On Iskan', 'Iskan Ruhsat', 'Yapi Izin' or just 'Iskan'... etc. This is equivalent to 'Planning and Building Consent by the Municipality. Do NOT confuse it with "YAPI KULLANMA IZIN BELGESI" ... this is the "Ferdi Iskan" as above. If you have a good Turkish speaking friend ... it is very helpful. To avoid a lawyer, you can get very good sample agreements and HAVE THEM NOTARISED. An agreement drawn up by a lawyer is legally EXCACTLY in the same catgory as one drawn up by a local estate Agent. The wording is slightly more different. A 'Notar' agreement is the best and the strongest in law ... but it costs 1% of the purchase price!!No matter what the lawyers say ... they do not carry out half the searches needed ... one thing they do is to see that the Title is Debt Free. But this you can do yourself. But you can find this out yourself by applying for a cxertificate at the Belediye ... I think it costs about 10TL.It is best to buy a property that already has a 'Ferdi Iskan' .... better still a Kat Mulkiyet Tapu.Those people who bought propertiy in the past ... and have Kat Irtifakli Tapu and no GENEL ISKAN BELGESI ... they are in a more difficult position ... but help may be at hand. I think they will have things sorted out after paying a fine. There are literally MILLIONS of Turks in this position. It is said that 70% of properties in istabul alone are without Planning Permission Certificate [Genel Iskan Belgesi].However, properties built before 1957 are deemed as having this ... and the owners can swap their Irtifakli to MulkiyetiI have written this at a trot ... please excuse lack of presentation etc.
  • Latest Member Photos