Two Random Questions - New Vehicle Laws - License Plate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Godbrother

Godbrother

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hi.A few weeks ago while watching the news, I heard that the laws of importing vehicles where changing and that as a foreigner you would be allowed to bring one vehicle to Turkey with you tax free, and keep it there for ever, under the conditions only you will drive it. Is there any truth to this? I've been hearing this rumor around for a while now and only catched a glimpse of it for a split second on the news.My second question. If there is any truth to this, what happens to the license plate of the car? Currently, I have a treasured classic Mercedes with a private license plate attached to it. Will I need to change these to Turkish plates once I when bring the car to Turkey?Also, lets ignore the above for a second, and hypothetically assume my car is brand new and I imported it and paid the tax on top, what happens to the GB license plates? Will they be removed and replaced with TR plates or are you given the option to keep them attached?Thanks!

#2 sunny

sunny

Cesme Expert

• Çeşme
  • 11852 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

I must admit that I've not heard anything about this.If it did happen I would imagine that you would almost certainly have to get Turkish plates for the car.

ALWAYS FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES; NOTHING ANNOYS THEM MORE! ~~~Oscar Wilde~~~

ALL OF US COULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE WEATHER. IT PAYS NO ATTENTION TO CRITICISM.